• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

After driving back home just, it's definitely Tit Friday today.

We've got snow at the moment.

I didn't cycle in today as there was snow forecast from 6am. Bit chilly but the air is totally dry so I'm a bit annoyed that I drove, tbh.

Two hours later, still snowing. At least the schools aren't shut (yet)...

No snow this far "up". Cold, but dry (at the moment).

Seriously blowy down here today - was playing a Bowls Club knockout Competition this morning and the wind was gusting all over the place & blowing woods away against the bias at times (LJ will understand).

Was difficult to stand up at times & I'm not the lightest individual around.

This could go in the climate change thread, but hey.

Just had a text, tonights bowls match called off. Match friday was called off too.
Many years ago (when I was a kid!) clubs had groundsmen who would enforce games being called off in bad weather, owing to the damage it would do to greens.
Most of the time since I've been playing (over 20 years!) games are rarely called off - usually as they're such a PITA to re-arrange.
2 games called off in a week is unusual!

This could go in the climate change thread, but hey.

Just had a text, tonights bowls match called off. Match friday was called off too.
Many years ago (when I was a kid!) clubs had groundsmen who would enforce games being called off in bad weather, owing to the damage it would do to greens.
Most of the time since I've been playing (over 20 years!) games are rarely called off - usually as they're such a PITA to re-arrange.
2 games called off in a week is unusual!

Our green was closed all day as completely waterlogged & needed time to drain off - wasn't unhappy as due to play at 6 pm in a singles knockout game after only just thawing/drying out after yesterday evenings league game.

I had forgot how much rain we get here. Cold too,June, and I've put the heating on.

stepdaughter mentioned she'd had the heating on this week too PPB. Last couple of nights I've had the housecoat on, on top of my clothes. I also had to pop on a portable radiator we have cos my hands were cold.
This time last year it was fucking baking hot!

Back