• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

We need some as well. Did have a bit overnight the other night but nowhere near enough. I’m sick of watering the garden every bloody night, it is good that we’re the only place for miles that’s got green grass though!

We need some as well. Did have a bit overnight the other night but nowhere near enough. I’m sick of watering the garden every bloody night, it is good that we’re the only place for miles that’s got green grass though!

Don't need to fuss about your grass as it's almost impossible to kill that - goes dormant, but will recover when it gets some water

Only been watering the plants & veg

The wife wouldn’t listen mate, she wants it green!

Brown grass is great. Haven’t had to cut it in weeks

Going to have to go out and strim it tomorrow as odd bits are still growing making it look like me on a really bad hair day - don't need to get the mower out though

Having a water meter means that any sort of watering of the lawn won't be happening regardless of its condition. Only green grass on my garden is where it is sheltered by the bottom fence. Had no rain here for weeks. Even when other places close by have had downpours we've somehow managed to dodge them. Friday could be the day if the forecast is correct.

Having a water meter means that any sort of watering of the lawn won't be happening regardless of its condition. Only green grass on my garden is where it is sheltered by the bottom fence. Had no rain here for weeks. Even when other places close by have had downpours we've somehow managed to dodge them. Friday could be the day if the forecast is correct.

We're one a meter as well but the last time I checked we were over £500 in credit.

I think my outdoor tap bypasses the water meter, still not watering the grass though, utilising the hot spell to assist in killing off the many weeds that lie within instead. Hopefully come autumn the lawn will come back a lot more uniform than it was and then I can attempt to level it out a bit.

I think my outdoor tap bypasses the water meter, still not watering the grass though, utilising the hot spell to assist in killing off the many weeds that lie within instead. Hopefully come autumn the lawn will come back a lot more uniform than it was and then I can attempt to level it out a bit.
Unlikely if it's at the back of the house. Might come of the neighbours meter i suppose. Easy to see - turn it on and watch the small 'tell' wheel on the meter to see if it rotates.

I don't know how long that's been building up as I rarely check it. We've been paying just over £50p/m since we moved in I think.

I'll have a look at that link in a bit mate, nice one.

£50 per month is far more than you need, unless you have a large family who stand in the shower all day

Plus - if a hosepipe ban kicks in (which is a serious possibility) a green lawn is a very clear indicator that the ban is being ignored.

Back