• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

Nah. I had to close window at 2am and get back under my duvet as it was getting slightly chilly.

Slept like a fucking log last night. Now into afternoons at work with a 10:15 start, lovely. :(

Nah. I had to close window at 2am and get back under my duvet as it was getting slightly chilly.

I dream of slightly chilly, our bedroom was like a sauna well past 2am and was back that way not long after 6am too.

Not for me it wasn't. I went to the loo and when I walked back in the bedroom it was noticeably colder than the rest of the house because of the window being open. To the point that I had to close it. My duvet is a summer one (4.5 tog) so only a thin one.

I do live right next to the river (100 yards away from my window) and open fields on the other side so maybe that helps facilitate cooler air coming in?

Not for me it wasn't. I went to the loo and when I walked back in the bedroom it was noticeably colder than the rest of the house because of the window being open. To the point that I had to close it. My duvet is a summer one (4.5 tog) so only a thin one.

I do live right next to the river (100 yards away from my window) and open fields on the other side so maybe that helps facilitate cooler air coming in?

You are just an older person hiding in a younger body. My Father in Law spent the end of last week wrapped up like it was the -10 yet, it was friggin boiling where we were in Cornwall (temp was around 25/26)

I think it means there's an imbalance in your testosterone levels, or something.

I just don't like the cold. I hate winter.

On the flipside I hate being out in 25deg+ weather. Inside is good and cooler.

Bloody warm on a packed airport transfer bus from LBA. Having a couple of coolant top-ups in NMBCo Refectory.

I dream of slightly chilly, our bedroom was like a sauna well past 2am and was back that way not long after 6am too.

'Slightly chilly' :icon_lol:

It was fucking roasting last night!

Don't bother with a duvet of any tog in this weather - just a sheet

Also benefit from the fact that its a bungalow with the bedrooms at the front which is cooler as the sun goes off there mid afternoon.

Thermostat still showing 26c indoors at the moment - no idea what it is in the back garden with direct sun on it, but potentially pushingover 30c

Don't bother with a duvet of any tog in this weather - just a sheet

Also benefit from the fact that its a bungalow with the bedrooms at the front which is cooler as the sun goes off there mid afternoon.

Thermostat still showing 26c indoors at the moment - no idea what it is in the back garden with direct sun on it, but potentially pushingover 30c

I'd hoped our bedroom would be quite cool, NE corner of the house so first to lose the direct sunlight in the day, but it was significantly warmer than any room downstairs as soon as we went up to bed. Wish I had a camp bed to stick in the dining room for a few nights, coolest room in the house when I got back from work yesterday.

I'd hoped our bedroom would be quite cool, NE corner of the house so first to lose the direct sunlight in the day, but it was significantly warmer than any room downstairs as soon as we went up to bed. Wish I had a camp bed to stick in the dining room for a few nights, coolest room in the house when I got back from work yesterday.

Benefit of single storey living - makes a real difference as hot air is only going one way!

Tried opening the windows earlier. Three wasps in that I've had to kill (I take no pride in it, but it's me or them, I'm bang in trouble if I get stung) and one eye looking like I've been smacked by Anthony Joshua inside half an hour. Abandoned.

Tried opening the windows earlier. Three wasps in that I've had to kill (I take no pride in it, but it's me or them, I'm bang in trouble if I get stung) and one eye looking like I've been smacked by Anthony Joshua inside half an hour. Abandoned.

Had no problem with those - loads of bees, but they are only interested in the shrubs & flowers just outside the window.

Flies though are aggravating as hell - fly in through the open window/french door & no way can they find their way out (despite neither me or them wanting them to stay in). Have to be the most brainless insects around!

My right eye has been weeping all day, makes it look like I'm constantly winking at people. No choice but to have the windows open at work either as it's obscenely hot in there.

Had no problem with those - loads of bees, but they are only interested in the shrubs & flowers just outside the window.

Flies though are aggravating as hell - fly in through the open window/french door & no way can they find their way out (despite neither me or them wanting them to stay in). Have to be the most brainless insects around!

Flies are the worst.

Being on a packed train stood next to the toilet isn't fun.

Our house is a pretty pleasant temperature. Going to get fairly piping hot when I turn the oven on in a bit. Kids and Squeeze are out at a barbie so I am on dog sitting duty, and will be cooking a nice fat lamb steak and dauphinoise potatoes. Going to be lovely but that oven is going to make the kitchen pretty fucking toasty in an hour or so.

Back