• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

My brother's just messaged me, apparently Visa Europe has gone down.

Yeah I tried to buy some stuff from Halfords earlier and their machines were down too.

Morrisons is exactly the same. Loads of very pissed off people who can't buy anything.

Card worked just fine in The Wine Seller about an hour ago.

Mine worked to get cash back in the Western at 4.55. Morrisons card payment ability had just gone down at 5.45.

No problems for me using the strange archaic cash method.

My brother's just messaged me, apparently Visa Europe has gone down.

I took the good lady for a meal at the Hansom Cab in Hinckley. They were informing customers that only cash payments would be accepted this evening. Fortunately Christine had some money on her, so I got treated to a meal...!!

I took the good lady for a meal at the Hansom Cab in Hinckley. They were informing customers that only cash payments would be accepted this evening. Fortunately Christine had some money on her, so I got treated to a meal...!!

More cobwebs on the wallet then Frank :icon_biggrin:

When I eventually dusted off my wallet, the manager refused to accept my white five pound notes.

If you still have some of those then they are possibly worth more than face value (though still not as much as they would have bought when they were legal tender - so should have spent them then really)

We had a 3.9 magnitude earthquake last night in darkest Lincolnshire. Not a common occurance...

Gorgeous day in the garden. I fucking love my garden.

It is far too hot today. Unbearable shit, in and out of the house.

It is far too hot today. Unbearable shit, in and out of the house.

Our office has no air con whatsoever, so it's been quite bad today. By this afternoon i had my window wide open and my fan on full blast, but all that did was blow warm air into my face. Yet two women still had cardigans on and one of them had a blanket as well.

It's been beautiful. I'd quite happily have it like this every day.

Crazy talk

Give me the colder weather any day. I can warm myself up on a cold day, nothing you can do in this weather. I've spent the last 2 days outside playing golf and at friends BBQ's, I am seriously red now.

On the the plus side I immediately cracked open a can of beer when I got home. It's so much cooler in the house too

Let me see, apart from the fact that heat makes me uncomfortable and irritable anyway as a rule:

- My lounge (where I work) is south facing, so in the afternoon it absolutely bakes in here
- We have an insane pollen level this week, so I can't open the windows, or I won't be able to see inside half an hour
- This also means I can't take the laptop outside and work, as well as the fact that my eczema (which flares up when I'm stressed, which I have been) reacts horribly to heat

I'm going to have to vote no I'm afraid, this stuff is horrendous for me.

I have the majority of the same problems, my eczema has flared up on my legs and my elbow joints. I also have it on my eyelids which coupled with my allergies is never a treat. Been mostly under control the last few days as I've barely left the house but definitely itchy and weepy today.

Back