• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

Our back garden is now technically 50% under water and in one part of our street the road has disappeared completely. Mental amounts of rain, I may have to build an ark out of empty Cloudwater cans.

The thunder rolling around here is easily the loudest I've ever heard. Rains now eased off, lighting flashes everywhere though.

Fucking monumental thunder and lightning here, you can feel it through the floor.

Well over 80 down here today & any rain shifted off by 8.00am

An absolutely glorious day

Rain just hit in Stafford now, smashing it down. Crazy lightning too, thunder not as loud as early this morning though.

Just lost electricity for 20 minutes, started to panic as the laptop battery got down to 4 minutes left :)

I'm in London for the weekend as I was at a wedding yesterday and it's been boiling all day! There was thunder during the night but that was it.

The down side was having to get the train from Moor St at 8.30 yesterday morning with the kids and the station was rammed full of Villa fans. We couldn't even get on the train we were due to get. Thankfully we got seats in a carriage that wasn't too rowdy.

I did enjoy the thought of them all having a miserable journey back home last night though :D

Now THAT was a storm. Out there desperately trying to keep water out of the kitchen like Cnut whipping the tide. Looks like the next cells are going to just miss Wolvo, but we shall see...

Suns gone in now, but still warm enough for shorts & no T Shirt (I am in the back garden so no one is being offended)

No rain or storms & no likelihood of either

Few distant rumbles of thunder whilst I was out watering the plants just now, about as bad as it's been all day.

Was terrible going through Moathouse Lane, torrential rain, hailstones. Had to pull over and stay under a sheltered bit of road for a while. Couldn't see a bloody thing. Then we met a fucking inconsiderate twat who refused to back up, so we had to. Even my mom gave him the finger, bless her.

Now THAT was a storm. Out there desperately trying to keep water out of the kitchen like Cnut whipping the tide. Looks like the next cells are going to just miss Wolvo, but we shall see...

I’ve never seen that much rain, it was a good job we didn’t get any more really or our back garden would have turned into a swimming pool. Hopefully today’s temperatures will burn it all off.

Four Ashes, Paddy.
5513a6fd2b0461ce56b9660fc765f867.jpg

Our office ceilings are down and carpets up.

Oh shit - we'll be flooded out as well and I have important deliveries going out tomorrow. Brilliant.

It gets weirder. Our garden really does hold the water, the ground must be clay or something, and with the deluge we had yesterday I thought it would be waterlogged for days, especially at the back where it's at its worst. Got home from lunch today and cut the lawn fine with no problem and it's like a carpet. It's dried up very fucking quick.

Sky satellite signal hasn't come back on, its been down since Saturday despite me resetting the box to fix the problem. No idea what's up with it, the weather is clear now so should be back. Never had any problems til this weekend.

Back