• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

I had it bad when I was a kid, it cleared up in my early teens and I only get it now under stress. But it doesn't just disappear when I solve that bit, it lingers on for a good old while :icon_lol:

My legs are always covered up (I don't wear shorts, I'm not Owen Coyle or Steve Irwin) so that's fairly safe, it's around my elbows, inside and outside. Looks and feels horrible so I have to do what I can to fix it, this weather does not help me out at all, it's not like I can stick a jacket on if I need to go out for something.

I sympathise with people who can't get on with it - particularly the hayfever as I get that like a bastard - but I bloody love the warm weather. Going to go out for a session in the kayak later, might even take a dip in the river. Sure way to be off work tomorrow with a stomach bug, but might be worth it.

Covering my arms and legs makes my eczema so much worse. Sleeves are pretty much a no no for me at anytime of year, let alone when it's warm. My hands are my most effected area as they dry out so quickly, it's also so easy to scratch them too on any sort of abrasive surface.

If it's playing up then I wear cotton long sleeves (when it isn't the temperature of Mars outside), that doesn't irritate me. Definitely more of an issue when a flare up coincides with exposure to heat for me.

Then again I do only have two possible skin colours, white or red.

The weather was this hot all day everyday bar 2 on my 5 week failure to cycle to Kazakhstan trip,that's why I jacked it in early,lightweight that I am,it's ok I suppose if you're in a hotel pool,anything else is no fun

Stepping out of work just was like stepping off the plane when you go on holiday, didn't seem massively warm when I was out at lunch but serious wall of heat after sitting in an air conditioned office all afternoon. Hoping it doesn't continue as I was hoping to get some stuff done in the garden this week but even at this hour it's too hot to work out there.

I think it is fantastic. But then I like the heat and I am lucky enough to have a skin colouration that tans well without turning into a lobster (occasionally for one night and I am brown within 48 hours tops). The only things that bother me are hay fever and sometimes a bit of prickly heat.

I can appreciate that for other people it is too much, and is torture. Guess I am lucky.

Can deal with heat as long as I don't have to do anything - problems come when I do as really become uncomfortable very quickly

Horrible today. It's ok inside though as my house always seems to stay fairly cool. Enough that I don't even need a window open.

Can deal with heat as long as I don't have to do anything - problems come when I do as really become uncomfortable very quickly

I’m the opposite. I can’t lie in the sun at this heat, but happily sit in the shade or do something in it.

I’m the opposite. I can’t lie in the sun at this heat, but happily sit in the shade or do something in it.

Most of what I need to do is in the garden which is in full sun - if I'm in the shade (even in the garden) then am not in an area to really do anything useful

People here today were complaining it was too hot. Amazing really, given the the cold, wet and long winter we have just endured.

People here today were complaining it was too hot. Amazing really, given the the cold, wet and long winter we have just endured.

Think that it's the sudden change which causes me the most problems - don't mind heat, but when it goes from 16C to 29c in 24 hours then struggle to acclimatise (& by the time I have it's back to 16C again!!)

I'm loving the heat, I've waited all year for this. I could easily do an extra few degrees and am hoping it will be that hot, its forecast to be 31' here on Fri.

Feel bad for those with eczema. I had on my elbows and backs of my legs as a kid and I used to be in tears with pain.

Back