• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Durham and Gough talking about Wolves, in the positive, now

They are always complimentary about Wolves.
Apparently, this morning, BFS reckoned we were coping so well with playing Thursday and Sunday because.........we have a big squad so can rotate 6/7 players regularly

They are always complimentary about Wolves.
Apparently, this morning, BFS reckoned we were coping so well with playing Thursday and Sunday because.........we have a big squad so can rotate 6/7 players regularly

I never listen to Brazil or any of his mates, ever but expect nothing more of them

I never listen to Brazil or any of his mates, ever but expect nothing more of them

For goodness sake - I was driving to see a client the other day and Brazil was chatting to Warnock about McCoist going fishing in Patagonia. What more do you want?

How hard are Europa League tickets to come by? I find myself in a position where I have more flexibility to travel during weekdays than weekends, at the moment. Maybe I could still make it to Wolvo this season, for a EL home game!

If we drew Inter or Ajax say you might be struggling. Espanyol went down to quite a low number of points as long as you were prepared to slum it in the temp stand. Maybe there will be one of us here who can't attend and has a good points total or an STH entitlement you could use.

If we drew Inter or Ajax say you might be struggling. Espanyol went down to quite a low number of points as long as you were prepared to slum it in the temp stand. Maybe there will be one of us here who can't attend and has a good points total or an STH entitlement you could use.

Fair enough! Let's wait for dates and adversary. I'd go to watch Wolves play against anyone, so long as I can get tickets :D

I've still got 100% attendance at Europa League home games despite having to wait for general sale to get a ticket. Checking my emails I appear to have secured a preferred back row of the Billy Wright upper on 5 of 7 occasions, opted for Temporary Stand to get that back row bliss on two other occasions. Could've sworn I've sat in the Steve Bull upper once this season though, but I've not been to any other games outside the Europa League that I can think of.

How hard are Europa League tickets to come by? I find myself in a position where I have more flexibility to travel during weekdays than weekends, at the moment. Maybe I could still make it to Wolvo this season, for a EL home game!

All home Europa games have made it to general sale.

Whether that will change for the next (depending who we get) remains to be seen.

That's understandable! Gotta wait for the next leg, see who we get and then I'll plan around that, if the opportunity arises!

Guardian pod had us as the best of the teams gunning for 4th/5th, they're just not sure we'll actually get it as our results haven't been up to par. Reasonably fair (and still actually more complimentary than most)

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/business/2020/02/25/wolves-and-city-council-launch-campaign-to-tackle-counterfeit-goods/

I don't go this way to the ground so haven't seen it for a while, has there been an issue with counterfeit gear or is it the pin badges that they are cracking down on, seems a bit extreme if its just the later.

No more than usual but the club are simply stamping down on people taking money from the club. The moment the club started selling half and half scarves, the dodgy sellers time was up.

From that article from the bloke who had badges taken from him

"He added: "We are p***** off. We will try to make objections. We don't know what rights we have got or what we can do." "

If you are using the Wolves logo you have 1) No Rights and 2) Fuck all you can do apart from hope the club don't take you to court to claim the money you have made from selling items with the club crest on.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/business/2020/02/25/wolves-and-city-council-launch-campaign-to-tackle-counterfeit-goods/

I don't go this way to the ground so haven't seen it for a while, has there been an issue with counterfeit gear or is it the pin badges that they are cracking down on, seems a bit extreme if its just the later.

No real difference in amount of sellers for me. No issue re counterfeit as in copies of tops etc there's none of that.

Cracking down on badge sellers that have been there long before half our new fan base decided they wanted to support Wolves (conveniently when we started doing well), massively OTT for me, bit like when they shafted out most the independent food traders and replaced them with higher priced club run kiosks.

Seems the club don't like anyone else but them milking us fans. I dare say some will agree, just leaves a nasty taste for me. Seems we're becoming one of 'those type' clubs. (Not just this few things point that way).

The price of success I suppose? Does it have to be though.

I know legally the Wolves head etc might belong to the club but fuck off with that crap morally the Wolves head belongs to the supporters.

No real difference in amount of sellers for me.

Cracking down on badge sellers that have been there long before half our new fan base decided they wanted to support Wolves (conveniently when we started doing well), massively OTT for me, bit like when they shafted out most the independent food traders and replaced them with higher priced club run kiosks.

Seems the club don't like anyone else but them milking us fans. I dare say some will agree, just leaves a nasty taste for me. Seems we're becoming one of 'those type' clubs. (Not just this few things point that way).

I know legally the Wolves head etc might belong to the club but fuck off with that crap morally the Wolves head belongs to the supporters.

Wolves have been quite good at dealing with this from the article posted. They could have just got up one morning and sent Trading Standards out to get rid and prosecute everyone selling things they really shouldn't be. Instead they have reached out to those breaking the law, giving them time to replace or stop selling the articles that infringe on the clubs IP. By the looks of it, a lot did. So you will still see people outside the ground selling items, just not ones that include our crest or are duplicates of what the club are selling. The ones who ignored the letters and even the visits from the club deserve to lose their stuff and stamping feet saying they have been doing it for years so leave us alone achieves nothing. Times have changed and Wolves are probably around 10 years behind a lot of big clubs on this matter.

If this was Man Utd for example, every single seller would be looking forward to a day in court as they would be claiming the money made from using their IP as their own

No real difference in amount of sellers for me. No issue re counterfeit as in copies of tops etc there's none of that.

They still have plenty of independent food sellers around the grounds, they just moved them off club land. The new club run ones are pretty decent and not bad value either

They still have plenty of independent food sellers around the grounds, they just moved them off club land. The new club run ones are pretty decent and not bad value either

Yeah sorry it should have read shafted them off what is now club land.

Back