• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

We have U23s and all the way down the age groups too.

I thought about them, but I doubt they're included for FFP purposes.

Yeah, I'm not sure they're even officially affiliated with us. They definitely weren't a few years ago.

Yeah, I'm not sure they're even officially affiliated with us. They definitely weren't a few years ago.

They have been since 2008. They've recently started training at the main training ground, and have things like physios and sports scientists. They're basically another team, like the U23s.

A few = more than 12 in my mind clearly! Time moves on too quickly. Like Wayne Hennessey being 33, which makes no sense.

I do wonder what the endgame is with women's football. Probably needs its own thread.

Most of the integral parts of my family are female .

When I first started hearing about women's football, I really liked that it was very independent from the men's game. The fact that Doncaster Belles were one of the best teams, rather than Man Utd was really cool. I don't like that newly created teams linked to PL teams have jumped over naturally evolved non PL teams.

I was under the impression that FFP or Profit & Sustainability rules meant we were only allowed to increase our wage bill in increments, starting at a max of £67m (IIRC) going up something like £7m per year?

I was under the impression that FFP or Profit & Sustainability rules meant we were only allowed to increase our wage bill in increments, starting at a max of £67m (IIRC) going up something like £7m per year?

Pretty surre that ruling on wages was binned last year

Which is a good thing. I understand the principle, but newly promoted teams not being able to spend as much as established teams, was not exactly fair..?

The Swiss ramble thread is basically a litany of "Wolves are doing this well by our metric", rinse and repeat. We are building financial strength. An excellent set of figures.

By comparison Everton are an absolute mess, and West Ham would make them look prudent were it not for a free stadium allowing them 25k more through the gate every fortnight.

So this £5m 'player impairment' line. Is this where a player is shite so their value is rewritten or written off?

Back