• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I like Tifo Football's youtube channel

a lot of interesting 5-8 minute videos

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/noticias/ver/773595

Using Google translate :)

WOLVERHAMPTON TO ACTIVATE (correct term?) CLAUSE FOR JIMÉNEZ

Satisfied with the numbers of Raul Jiménez, Wolverhampton is preparing to trigger the clause of option of purchase of the Mexican advanced, as informed this Thursday the British newspaper Mirror.

Jimenez, 27, who came to Wolverhampton loaned by Benfica this season, will allow the Cofres da Luz a financial contribution of 35 million euros.

In the 29 games he played in all Wolves jersey competitions, Jiménez scored 11 goals, many of them decisive, and made five assists, contributing decisively to the good team led by Nuno Espírito Santo.

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/noticias/ver/773595

Using Google translate :)

WOLVERHAMPTON TO ACTIVATE (correct term?) CLAUSE FOR JIMÉNEZ

Satisfied with the numbers of Raul Jiménez, Wolverhampton is preparing to trigger the clause of option of purchase of the Mexican advanced, as informed this Thursday the British newspaper Mirror.

Jimenez, 27, who came to Wolverhampton loaned by Benfica this season, will allow the Cofres da Luz a financial contribution of 35 million euros.

In the 29 games he played in all Wolves jersey competitions, Jiménez scored 11 goals, many of them decisive, and made five assists, contributing decisively to the good team led by Nuno Espírito Santo.

I've changed my mind on this. Initially when we spoke in Lisbon in Dec, I said 35m was too much, he wasnt worth it etc.

Now, after seeing his form improving and seeing how important he is to our style, i think its a good bit of business and am delighted to see it getting done.

I've changed my mind on this. Initially when we spoke in Lisbon in Dec, I said 35m was too much, he wasnt worth it etc.

Now, after seeing his form improving and seeing how important he is to our style, i think its a good bit of business and am delighted to see it getting done.

Think the paper got it wrong. It's 38M plus the loan fee, for a total of 41M, iirc

It is indeed €38m.

Just pay it, we can afford it.

I think the mirror reported similar today too. They had the price as £30m.

Jeff and Laurie will knock them down a little...

Might we be considering spending even more on a potential better version?

giphy.gif

Careful, I'll start banging on about Seb Haller again.

Who would you consider better in that very specific role and how much do you think they'd cost?

Every transfer is a gamble. There is always a material chance it doesn't work out. We have a guy who is playing superbly, fits the system and loves it here. The premium on knowing that makes the £30m look much more reasonable. The idea that you just go out and spend £40m and find someone 25% better is a complete fallacy.

Who's talking about £40m, we could spend £60m+ if we want to? Not saying we should, but it could be a reason why we didn't sign him in Jan.

Surely the reason not to sign him in January would be based on FFP for this season. Sign him when the next financial figures kick in? We could have done a Jota and announced he will sign but fans ignore that and have hissy fits at the club until the day the club announce he has now officially signed.

Who's talking about £40m, we could spend £60m+ if we want to? Not saying we should, but it could be a reason why we didn't sign him in Jan.

Why would we have wanted to sign him earlier than we need to? What is he does a Bonatini or snaps his leg between now and the end of the season? Also, the money is better in Wolves coffers for a few months than in Benfica's.

Tbf, I think we didn't sign him because we didn't have to. The price is fixed and agreed, as such there is no need to rush into it.

Exactly! Why financially expose ourselves anymore than necessary.

Back