• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Those pies can cause some serious damage though - only had 1 inside the ground & might of had a dodgy one, but the crust was like concrete :icon_biggrin:

At your age you really should be eating everything through a straw.

I made the mistake of grabbing a pie just before kick off once. We scored a free kick in the opening mins and in the celebration a piece of steak (probably horse) fell onto my hand. It properly burnt it, had a huge blister.

Wolves refused to accept the pie was a tad over heated.

I remember that. The goal was in the first minute or so. I think it was a league cup game maybe. The blister had its own postcode by half time.

On the pie debate, I had a steak pie at the Newcastle game. It was alright. Just wish they had more filling. We should do pies like Gillingham have. I would happily pay the extra for a pie of stonking quality.

Gillingham Pies awesome
Burnley pies a crime against food (although you can spend 70p extra and get some peas with it)

V Millwall I believe

Hammill free kick. Gued also scored a belter that night. Should have ended the season there and then.

If you want matchday food, Kidderminster is the place to go. Proper full on cottage pies and the like. Of course you do have to watch Conference North football, but you can't have everything. You do get to see Little Declan Weeks as a consolation.

Best food in a ground at football I have had is at Woking - they have a fish & chip concession in there in the new stand

Absolutely superb & better than most F & C shops

I did so many away grounds when we went up under Mick it was madness. I think I missed two away all season.

I can comfortably say that the pies at Plymouth were amazing, and the burger at Sheffield Wednesday was the worst food crime I have had the misfortune to attempt to eat. Fucking disgusting.

Rotherham do good pies. Guess it helps that one stand is the Pukka Pie stand.

Also - Grimsby away results in STAGGERING fish and chips from the chippy just outside the away end. Superb.

Wolves with Jota, 10 wins in 17.

Wolves without Jota, 1 win in 9.

Gillingham Pies awesome
Burnley pies a crime against food (although you can spend 70p extra and get some peas with it)

Absolutely on the Gillingham pie appreciation. Was the only decent part of that day.

and fookin huge.

Couldn't eat all mine and forgot the stand we were in was basically scaffolding so when I pushed the half eaten pie under my seat there was no step to stop it, so some poor sod would have got half a pie land on their head.

That scaffolding stand is still there. "Temporary". They put it up in 2000.

I went in September 2000, we lost 1-0 and we were horrific. Did not have a pie.

I went in September 2000, we lost 1-0 and we were horrific. Did not have a pie.

Ah man. You really needed the Pie. All I have from the 1-0 defeat I witnessed is the Pie (and the incidents around it)

I'm quite looking forward to my first meat pie if/when I make it over.

Ah man. You really needed the Pie. All I have from the 1-0 defeat I witnessed is the Pie (and the incidents around it)

I got to see Mo Camara and Manuel Thétis on the pitch at the same time. When times are bad, I like to think of that sight and remind myself that it could be worse.

We also had a strikeforce of Temuri Ketsbaia and Neil Emblen if memory serves.

Back