• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Plus if Kenny had walked away do you think we would have sat silently while Holloway peddled "poor little Kenny" every week in the national media? Of course we wouldn't.

don't shoot the messenger guys. my friend is very frugal with letting out things he knows from the club, but is usually correct.

I would never shoot the messenger Mick. Trouble is absolutely none of that adds up at all or in any way.

I'm not so sure that it doesn't actually.
Fosun come in, talk all about the spanish guy , Mendes starts naming players available etc. Then Jeff saying he's happy to work with Kenny, who then realises he's going to be thrown players not of his choosing and so says he's off. Confidentiality clause keeps facts secret, and desperation at 11th hour brings Walter. Subsequently find its going pear shaped and sack him, and during application process go back to Kenny (who was jobless they thought) and ask him to reconsider returning.
Works for me

Fosun come in, talk all about the spanish guy , Mendes starts naming players available etc. Then Jeff saying he's happy to work with Kenny, who then realises he's going to be thrown players not of his choosing and so says he's off. Confidentiality clause keeps facts secret, and desperation at 11th hour brings Walter. Subsequently find its going pear shaped and sack him, and during application process go back to Kenny (who was jobless they thought) and ask him to reconsider returning.
Works for me

A lot of 'but ifs' in that scenario Mick - be very surprised if that is how it panned out (though I have been very surprised at various times in my life so who knows)

i think Kenny was always honest in his dealings, and in fact walked from Millwall on principle, so wouldn't be out of character to have walked from Wolves

Not a chance that's what panned out.

If he were walking on "principle" at any stage it'd be when we were selling Stearman to fund Nathan Byrne arriving and when Afobe was sold above his head to be replaced by Mason.

Wolves is the biggest job he'll ever have. Lambert clearly has a better pedigree than Ken as well so in a straight choice he'd win.

Works for me
Except Jackett took the Rotherham job 4 days before Zenga was sacked

That doesn't mean that the club couldn't have been planning to sack him and sounded Jackett out beforehand.

Not that I believe it either.

There is no way that the club would go back. It would utterly destroy their credibility. File it under ludicrous bollocks.

The fact that Lopetegui was linked back in early/mid July before we had even heard of the Chinese takeover and the info now given it was clear that KJ was never in the frame (rightly so) and the only thing that makes people think he was was Moxey shooting his mouth off in the takeover press conference when Jeff was clearly on a different page

As if it wasn't bad enough watching the team on match days, the training ground has now been re opened to fans.

As if it wasn't bad enough watching the team on match days, the training ground has now been re opened to fans.

Good move by Lambert. He clearly wants the fans onside and is doing all he can to achieve that aim

Its not as though Zenga didn't have the fans on side though. Though partly that was 'anything is better than the dross' from last season.

KJ would have been expecting the bullet and has behaved impeccably as you would expect, but wasn't he told he'd get a chance just before Zenga was appointed? If so that's a bit shitty.......or was that just media bollocks?

If you watch the interview Jeff never said anything regarding Jackett's position, it was Moxey.

Good move by Lambert. He clearly wants the fans onside and is doing all he can to achieve that aim

Yesterday's twitter was quite comical about Lambert choosing the wrong people to do a question and answer session with. Apparently, it should have been those with the highest loyalty points. All instigated by Martin Danks, I should add.

Yesterday's twitter was quite comical about Lambert choosing the wrong people to do a question and answer session with. Apparently, it should have been those with the highest loyalty points. All instigated by Martin Danks, I should add.

As representative of E&S TIM II is treading on thin ice commenting on fan's negativity - suspect the irony klaxon is hiding just around the corner.

Tim Spiers Verified account
‏@tim_spiers_Star

Only Wolves fans could turn Lambert reaching out to club's supporters to gauge opinion into a negative...

As representative of E&S TIM II is treading on thin ice commenting on fan's negativity - suspect the irony klaxon is hiding just around the corner.

Tim Spiers Verified account
‏@tim_spiers_Star

Only Wolves fans could turn Lambert reaching out to club's supporters to gauge opinion into a negative...

He quite often gets confused between the professional line and the supporter line and quite often turns into a supporter.

We have narrowed the playing area of our pitch, but I would have thought that with the quick players we have, the wider the pitch, the better.

Players like Costa, Cav, Wallace, Graham, Zyro and Dicko thrive on space so I think we've shot ourselves in the foot by making the pitch narrower.

Maybe this coincides with our poor home form?

I suspect narrowing the pitch is down to Costa and Cav not being out and out wingers, rather wide forwards, so having it narrow allows them to be close to one another and able to swap around with the main striker

Back