• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I find the South Bank's belief that they are the greatest fans on God's clean earth almost comical.

They might not be the greatest on God's clean earth but they are the greatest fans in Molineux and that's all that matters to me.

They might not be the greatest on God's clean earth but they are the greatest fans in Molineux and that's all that matters to me.

Nobody is greater then anybody.What a crock of shit.

Until Danny Batth wins a header.

That's still most of the time then because he doesn't win many :icon_wink:

As a Southbank season ticket holder, i'm not sure we are the greatest but we do make the noise and create an atmosphere. Without it there would be zero atmosphere which would be awful, i still don't understand why other stands particularly the Northbank don't join in because imagine what it would be like. Pretty sure the team would benefit even more from it.

Nobody is greater then anybody.What a crock of $#@!.

It could be said that the South Bank are the "greatest" and worst fans... (For greatest read noisiest)

I've had a season ticket in the Steve Bull, the North Bank and now the South Bank, I've also done numerous games in the Billy Wright and the best atmosphere in the ground that I've experienced is in the South Bank. Having said that, it has been the most poisonous I've experienced too

I think that's fair Darlo. I had a season ticket in there for donkeys years and if I was on my own is still the stand I'd chose to go in. The preoccupation with the North Bank which has always existed, but seems to have got worse since the S1 area formed a few years ago is grating though. As for booing our own players, we always have or at least have for the last 35 odd years.

Never got the 'divide' according to what sodding stand you sit in. The south/north bank 'rivalry' is as bizarre as it is boring.

We're all Wolves fans. No other denomination necessary TBH.

I was on the South Bank for years. I used to love it. Then it just became ridiculously poisonous and unpleasant and I couldn't wait to get out of there. So when I hear these same fans who were so fucking vile towards our own players that I couldn't stand it any more patting themselves on the back about how fucking wonderful they are it makes me want to puke.

The South Bank is just typical of any 'Home End' I suppose, it's mostly very basic stuff, team playing well winning games= best team in the world, team playing bad losing games = worst team in the world.
I hasten to add there are still plenty of us up there that don't apply that mantra.
I was in the North Bank for about 20 yrs before moving to the South Bank about five years ago because I couldn't cope with the analytical style of support in there, ie, when we scored a goal they'd give you a hundred reasons why the goal was scored because of how poor the opposition were and during our time in the Premier League having to listen to how great the opponents players were every match.
We used to have a bit of atmosphere and get a few chants going before the new stand was built but the two tiers have killed it.

I prefer the North Bank purely for the view, but there's no doubt that the best atmosphere is in the South bank.

I'm an idle bastard I like to sit down so North Bank for me. The bloke I go with does all the shouting and
I'm quiet as a mouse unless we score or I say "just going for a piss".

I've always preferred watching from the side. Stood on south bank as a kid in the early 60's, but since then had season tickets in the old Waterloo Road and the one opposite but can't remember its name (before they were christened). Nowadays when i come over i normally go in the 'Quiet' !!
The 60's and 70's normally had all the vocal support from the Cowshed (north bank), but seems the opposite nowadays.

Yep I used to go in the North bank when I was kid cos it was great atmosphere. Nowadays I tend to go in the stand where I can get the best seats at the time of booking. As for the South Bank over the last couple of years, I've had good an bad experiences in equal measure, its just pure luck as to who you are close to.

South Bank for now - at least it keeps me awake during games. There will come a time when I need to sit for more than I stand so will need to move then

Yes, there are dickheads in there (not counting Darlo & friends :icon_smile:) but there are everywhere in life

Back