• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I had to move from the South Bank due to me being unable to stand for 90 minutes.

I read somewhere that our original home end was the North bank until the 50's

Indeed it was. Probably up until the mid seventies. On Saturdays the north bank gates were opened at one o'clock, and it was always full long before kick off. In those days away fans used to mingle with home fans on the south bank.

Agreed, pretty poor stuff regarding Kenny and shows what a panic appointment Zenga was.

Nature of the beast Kenny Jackett wouldn't have been naive to his own situation.

Lopetegui was an avenue explored BEFORE fosun took over. It is clear as day. They had no obligation one way or another to KJ until after lopetegui took the Spanish job. Tim is talking utter fucking bilge.

I don't get the Kenny was treated badly argument. Fosun didn't own the club so didn't have a job to officially offer, so all they could do was line someone up for when they take over went through. For the same reason they couldn't sack Jackett. Yes Lopetegui taking the Spain job screwed the plan and therefore Kenny stayed on for a few extra days, but despite what was said publicly I'm sure he knew he was on his way out....Doesn't explain or justify the Zenga appointment though.

I don't get the Kenny was treated badly argument. Fosun didn't own the club so didn't have a job to officially offer, so all they could do was line someone up for when they take over went through. For the same reason they couldn't sack Jackett. Yes Lopetegui taking the Spain job screwed the plan and therefore Kenny stayed on for a few extra days, but despite what was said publicly I'm sure he knew he was on his way out....Doesn't explain or justify the Zenga appointment though.
Completely agree.

IMO Kenny acted professionally and fair play to him for that but TBH that should be expected of him. It's hardly rare for new owners to change the existing managerial setup and whilst Zenga didn't work, it's clear since the day Fosun arrived that they want to do things their way.

That's business, that's football but badly treated? Nah - I'm sure he's come out it pretty well considering the season we had to endure last year.

KJ would have been expecting the bullet and has behaved impeccably as you would expect, but wasn't he told he'd get a chance just before Zenga was appointed? If so that's a bit shitty.......or was that just media bollocks?

KJ would have been expecting the bullet and has behaved impeccably as you would expect, but wasn't he told he'd get a chance just before Zenga was appointed? If so that's a bit $#@!ty.......or was that just media bollocks?

Jeff Shi said as much then on reflection changed his mind.

They never said he'd get a chance, they said they'd back him. If anybody believed he was going to get an extended stay under Fosun given they'd already lined up a replacement prior to the deal going through they were sorely misguided, there was no way Ken was staying. Fosun did nothing wrong and Ken wasn't treated badly but Timbo still fails to see that and ends up making himself look more and more daft every time he rolls it out. He's starting to descend to Holloway levels of 'My mate Ken'.

I have, from a very good source, that KJ actually declined the offer of carrying on when told that he'd be receiving a dozen 'new' players.

And that following Zenga's sacking, he was approached to ask if he'd consider returning as manager. This would tend to confirm that he wasn't sacked previously, but walked away. The offer came just prior to him being announced as Rotherham's new manager, and he said that he'd given them his word already that he'd take the job, and wouldn't renege on it.

I really don't believe any of that at all, sorry. Just sounds completely and utterly far fetched.

Kenny declining an offer to return as he had accepted Rotherham is believable - him being made the offer in the first place is pure fantasy

Jackett named manager of Rotherham 21st October, Zenga sacked on the 25th. Don't believe it for a moment. Also he couldn't 'decline' the option of carrying on, he was on a rolling 12 month contract.

Back