• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

It also gives Doherty less room to cover.

I understand the reasons why different pitch sizes are allowed but I really, really hate that the surface can change so much from week to week.

Iorfa playing right back and Hause left back for England u21s tonight. Only just switched it on but within seconds Iorfa was on his way forward and ended up inside the french box, something he hasn't been allowed to do when he's played right back for us recently.

Iorfa RB, Hause LB for England U21s tonight.

Edit: Beat me to it Slink. Glad Dom is playing, needs to get that Derby game out of his system.

He's playing pretty well too, slightly caught out for their goal but Dembele made a clever run. Looks excellent going forward and looking like one of the bigger England threats.

We have narrowed the playing area of our pitch, but I would have thought that with the quick players we have, the wider the pitch, the better.

Players like Costa, Cav, Wallace, Graham, Zyro and Dicko thrive on space so I think we've shot ourselves in the foot by making the pitch narrower.

Maybe this coincides with our poor home form?

Could you imagine Derby having even more space in that opening 45 minutes :eek:

First time Hause really gets forward he wins a free kick that England equalise. Both Iorfa and Hause showing they are more than good enough for us tonight, we just need to play them within an organised set up.

I suspect narrowing the pitch is down to Costa and Cav not being out and out wingers, rather wide forwards, so having it narrow allows them to be close to one another and able to swap around with the main striker

Whatever the idea was, it's not working.

Could you imagine Derby having even more space in that opening 45 minutes :eek:

I could imagine us having more space in the second 45 minutes.

Whichever way you look at it, our home record is poor. We have a better away record at the moment: more points and more goals.
Get the play closer to the crowd and let the lads express themselves in the extra space.

Don't you have to publish the size of your pitch before the season starts and stick to it for the season? If so, the decision had been made before we signed the new players

Wasn't it MM who made the pitch the smallest size permitted when we reached the PL ?

Quick question: There's no rule at the Molineux against taking kids into other stands than the Family Area is there?

Sorry if I've picked the wrong thread for this.

Nope, no rule. You can take them in any stand.

Thanks Booz.

Gonna introduce my son to the Wolves so that he can too experience freezing his balls off on the North Bank in December.

Thanks Booz.

Gonna introduce my son to the Wolves so that he can too experience freezing his balls off on the North Bank in December.

I took the girls in the North Bank when we played Brentford November in League One (0-0) and there was nobody within fifty feet of us, it was absolutely fucking shockingly cold. Put them off going again that did!

I was beginning to think he would never play again. A year out at his age is a long time, and I doubt he will be match fit for some time yet.
And he may not be the same when he returns, Shirtliff and De Wolf spring to mind both not the same returning from a nasty injury.

Lets hope it isn't the case and he can play a part he was exactly what we needed when he was on loan.

Quick question: There's no rule at the Molineux against taking kids into other stands than the Family Area is there?
Might be best to refrain from taking them in the South Bank unless you want to spend the game explaining what the new words they are learning mean.

Might be best to refrain from taking them in the South Bank unless you want to spend the game explaining what the new words they are learning mean.

His english isn't all it should be to be honest so, as long as they're not swearing in French, he'll be ok.

Back