• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fifa 19 Thread - yay, a card game on the telly!

Two questions...

a) Why does Fernandinho have an Oxford logo at the bottom of his card

b) Are you really using Martial and Moura as wingbacks? :icon_lol:

Two questions...

The Oxford logo is not meant to be the Oxford logo - it's the picture representing one of the chemistry cards you can assign to players - I think it's the Powerhouse one.

Doing the same challenge some of the streamers are doing in that I can only use players I've gotten out of packs. This is my team so far
2626c60da042711b5d39ad1a99fa6970.jpg

Two questions...

a) Already explained.

b) Because of the chemistry thing, wingbacks don’t give you the full bonus there as they’re ‘out of position’, and they’re the best I could find for LM and RM. They work pretty well to be honest.

Last edited:
Proper wingbacks and bonus Neves still holding his own:

T9tWXrU_d.jpg

Doing the same challenge some of the streamers are doing in that I can only use players I've gotten out of packs. This is my team so far
2626c60da042711b5d39ad1a99fa6970.jpg

Not bad!! I bet Griezmann is mint.

I did have Rose and Clyne as wingbacks but I didn't like the loss of Chemistry with them playing out of position even after I'd used the WB modifier, I wish there was a modifier that converted LWB/RWB to LM/RM. I'd actually use defenders then.

Honestly mate you can't notice 7/8 chemistry. Clyne and Rose are decent but Telles and Big P are a step up really for wingback. Up to you though, if you do well with wingers just stick to it.

I often use one player on 8 chemistry. Opens up many options without trying to hybrid your whole squad.

Also... If you want to be a clever bastard. Use your custom tactics to start as a simple formation such as 5221. Click attacking in-game. Voila, you are now a 343 with everyone in the position you wanted on full chemistry. A lot do this online. They start with something simple like 442 or 4321 then swap. Last year and before that you'd have to pause it, fiddle, maybe pause it again as you ran out of time. Now it does it all for you if you pre-set it.

/Nerd

I'll have a look after the Hazard SBC, I'm just building my finances back up for tomorrow. Once that's done I'll have a look at a couple of wingbacks, I only had Clyne and Rose as I was early into building my squad. I can't sell Moura though so need to use him somehow as he's pretty good and to be honest it feels like I've turned Martial into a proper left sided Doherty. Plus I've got Perisic and Carvajal who come on as subs every game and they're too good not to use.

Martial the left sided Doherty. Love it :D

Well the Hazard SBC is a bit of a fucker. Can’t see me doing that.

EDIT: Fuck it, I’ve given up already. You need millions.

You need about 5-600k. I wont be doing it.

You need about 5-600k. I wont be doing it.

You need at least four TOTW players which will cost over 100k alone. I filled out a Chelsea team but needed at least one of Hazard, Kante or Azpi to meet the minimum rating, same with Belgium you’ll need at least two of Kompany, Vert, Lukaku or Hazard. Way out of my reach.

Made over 1,000% profit out of Januzaj though which I thought I’d never say.

It’s ten TOTW players, there’s over 2m coins straight away, and seeing as the Belgium SBC needs one it means you need Hazard TOTW. Impossible.

finally decided to check out futbin and actually spend some money on a team

not nearly as much as you guys, I 1) don't have that much, 2) am waiting for the TOTS market crash to really buy anyone

been having much better luck in matches compared to the Wolves or Serie A packed teams I'd been using

ZASuvAa.png

Welp most of my Hazard investments have gone bust. I bought too many Casteels (82 belgian gk) and Rui/Christensen aren't selling well.

Womp womp.

Welp most of my Hazard investments have gone bust. I bought too many Casteels (82 belgian gk) and Rui/Christensen aren't selling well.

Womp womp.

How did you keep all of them? Just store them on the transfer list?

yeah. I made a few hundo on my silvas but I think I bought at the peak of the investment market. Doh!!

The market has proper bombed this evening, weird knock on effect as most of the players required to do the SBC haven't gone up in price.

Back