• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fifa 19 Thread - yay, a card game on the telly!

Never really got in to all the FUT stuff. Buy Fifa for career mode, generally.

On that subject, just won the pre-season tournament with Wolves, beating Galatasaray 2-0 in the final. I've been scouring the internet for some 'hidden gems' to sign in career mode and have picked up a couple (no point me saying who they are because a) you wouldn't have heard of them and b) i can't remember their names).

Does anyone else have any suggestions for good career mode signings for Wolves? Got the opening game v Everton up next. Looking forward to getting stuck in to it.

I signed Sessegnon, RLC and a couple of others but can't remember who as I haven't played it foe ages. I'll have a quick look later.

Never really got in to all the FUT stuff. Buy Fifa for career mode, generally.

On that subject, just won the pre-season tournament with Wolves, beating Galatasaray 2-0 in the final. I've been scouring the internet for some 'hidden gems' to sign in career mode and have picked up a couple (no point me saying who they are because a) you wouldn't have heard of them and b) i can't remember their names).

Does anyone else have any suggestions for good career mode signings for Wolves? Got the opening game v Everton up next. Looking forward to getting stuck in to it.

Saw someone had signed Josef Martinez and his physical stats looked pretty awesome

I am really struggling to break down teams on Squad Battles. It feels like they're parking the bus every game. It's like they've got their entire team back defending so wherever you pass, you're losing the ball.

Same here, anything at Pro or above are proving really difficult to break down, I keep having to work backwards and end up losing the ball. Played a FUT Draft earlier and pissed the first three games only for Holland to beat me 2-1 in the last game. 17 shots 11 on target for me (and hit the post FIVE times) and they scored two with 3 shots on target. So fucking annoying.

gotta say I'm really not having fun particularly

I enjoyed the 'different' and slowed pace the new version at first, but it's just laborious and slow and terrible now. the passing is wonky, shooting was bugged

You lot must be shit. I've just won the league and the fa Cup in season 1 on Pro (though I did lose 8 games). I'm quite enjoying it. Top tip, finesse is shit now, and set forwards to get in behind. I've scored shit loads and I've also just signed mbappe in the next preseason and he's scored successive hattricks in my first two games :icon_lol:

You lot must be shit. I've just won the league and the fa Cup in season 1 on Pro (though I did lose 8 games). I'm quite enjoying it. Top tip, finesse is shit now, and set forwards to get in behind. I've scored shit loads and I've also just signed mbappe in the next preseason and he's scored successive hattricks in my first two games :icon_lol:

Lol - finesse shots are back. OP as fuck. Go online and it's basically a battle of who can get a finesse shot off inside the D. Bang, goal. Quite annoying.

I am facing a fair few who haven't clocked this though. Instead they're trying to play football properly which works for me. More realistic.

Squad battles gives you good rewards - you can play on Semi-Pro/Pro and as long as you win your games and get a decent number of games in the pack and coins you get are decent - the problem is theyre a chore to get through.

Rivals is quality - much better format than last year. I am going to qualify for the weekend league but wont be able to play as I'm out - the points roll over though so I'll just enter next weekend.

Only part I would change on Rivals is that people get points in it for playing weekend League games. I'd assume the whole point of Rivals is to include people who can't play 60 million games a week, but when you start adding all the weekend league points on, the ranks need higher points etc. Still quite easy to get the middle rank though that gives 30k.

I ended up lowering the difficulty. Every game was either going to ET or pens, can't be having that.

Just played my first game on World Class and won 5-0 so looks like I'll be sticking to that.

This is my team, not half as good as most but does the job for the time being.

Daniel Wass is awesome, man's just everywhere and can finish.

a8G9SUH.jpg

Bought Salah and De Gea this morning, put them up for sale for a profit but decided to put them in my team instead. Only Pogba, Kante and Hazard to get now. I’ve got Lloris up for sale so will hopefully have enough coin for the Hazard SBC tomorrow, those two emptied my bank near enough.

Prices have tanked again today on the lower rare gold cards after Tuesday’s spike, I think a lot of people are going to be lumbered with overpriced guff. I’ve got loads but luckily I stayed quite conservative in my bids so can still make a profit even after lowering my asking prices.

Prices will drop today because of Rivals and Champions rewards both dropping today.

Aah OK, I still don’t fully understand how it all works. I know I got some packs and coins from squad battles earlier.

Squad battle rewards come out on Mondays. Division Rivals rewards and Fut Champions rewards come out today. Market will normally crash on Mondays and Thursdays.

Changed my LF/RF, now have Guedes on the left and Malcom on the right. Guedes is good but Malcom just seems too cumbersome on the ball, seems to turn like an oil tanker so may try and get Dembele to go there and see how he does.

Squad battle rewards come out on Mondays. Division Rivals rewards and Fut Champions rewards come out today. Market will normally crash on Mondays and Thursdays.

So the rewards I got today were for getting absolutely tonked in Division Rivals? Fucking hell...

Here’s my team at the moment, need a couple of million to finish it off. Would love to upgrade Martial as well but have no idea who with.

DpOtCaXXcAAlWPy

Back