• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

So they now blame the health professionals for the spike in residential care.
9f1994ac070649bc195e65219c99f53a.jpg

Yes, did mine via drive through on Tuesday. Just got the result - negative.

Read the instructions carefully and good luck ramming the swab down and up.

Was this because you had symptoms or just because you could get a test?

Only wondering!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was this because you had symptoms or just because you could get a test?

Only wondering!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been doing the imperial symptom tracker app since the start. They emailed me saying I should got for a test.

Or it highlights how fucked the mail would be if people didn’t start going out and buying the mail. Shame.

Well, I'd assume that applies for most retail.
What do you think of the article?

I’ve been doing the imperial symptom tracker app since the start. They emailed me saying I should got for a test.

so are you now part of the random 100k who are being tested? I saw the imperial symptom tracker and didn't opt in as I was a bit suspicious of what it was going to be used for

The mail is pretty much unreadable on my phone, but this article is good on the background to the stupid headlines on Thursday.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/boris-johnson-sided-doves-over-hawks-lockdown

It's BuzzFeed so a pinch if salt required but it seems believable that some Tory's want lockdown ending early and it also seems believable that newspapers have a vested interest in ending lockdown early too.

If there are dissenting Tories briefing the press which is at odds with Boris position does that suggest a power split. I also have a suspicion the entire thing is managed, get the press to say one thing but advise differently so they can get parts of the economy restarted whilst having plausible deniability.

It's BuzzFeed so a pinch if salt required but it seems believable that some Tory's want lockdown ending early and it also seems believable that newspapers have a vested interest in ending lockdown early too.

If there are dissenting Tories briefing the press which is at odds with Boris position does that suggest a power split. I also have a suspicion the entire thing is managed, get the press to say one thing but advise differently so they can get parts of the economy restarted whilst having plausible deniability.

Why pinch of salt? Buzzfeed have done some fantastic investigative reporting.

Why pinch of salt? Buzzfeed have done some fantastic investigative reporting.

They're also well known for making stuff up and printing stuff people have paid them for. It's very hit and miss.

They're also well known for making stuff up and printing stuff people have paid them for. It's very hit and miss.

I’d dispute that with googling, but I cba. It hardly makes them unique in our newspaper industry, in fact given then limited resources you can almost guarantee they do it way less than others.

I’d dispute that with googling, but I cba. It hardly makes them unique in our newspaper industry, in fact given then limited resources you can almost guarantee they do it way less than others.

The Mueller investigation is the big story about Buzzfeed which you can google easily.

But you're right iit doesn't make them unique, plenty of papers do this.

Hancock has had his feathers plucked and is being made even ready as the Government scapegoat
bd4c94aac672a8279191df308da738a7.jpg

Some Tory's briefing against Hancock. I know it's commonplace and both Campbell and Mandelson were experts at it but it really is very nasty.

The Heil is blaming Hancock and the doctors at the same time. I'm amazed people still buy this rag.

"Today, I must sadly report, that the Economist I left in charge of the Health Service, is simply not up to the job. Who could have known, that when I appointed a man with a BA in Philosophy, Politics and Economics, a in chargn MPhil in Economics who was employed as an economist at the Bank of England before serving as a senior economic adviser and then later Chief of Staff to George Osborne that he would be so piss poor at being Secretary of State for Health and Social Care. There simply isn't a bus big enough for me to throw him under. Throughout all the weeks, nay months that I have been derelict in my duties as PM I have thought long and hard about what I could have done differently, such as appoint someone who knew what they were doing, but I am sad to say, as was the case when I searched for searched for my own moral fibre, I found nothing. Having previously launched his own app that the head of privacy rights group Big Brother Watch called a "fascinating comedy of errors", that collected its users' photographs, friend details, check-ins, and contact information and having also accepted money from a key backer of climate change denial the Global Warming Policy Foundation I felt certain he was the right man to play with a straight bat. Alas, not for the first time, I was wrong.
This in no way calls into question my own impeccable judgement and I am sure the public will join me in scapegoating him for everything that has gone wrong during the crisis so far. So do as I say, not as I do, Stay Alert, Protect the NHS, and save lives."

It seems many parts of london have given up on the lockdown. people playing football in parks. Police advising people to go home, and everyone just ignored them.

Interesting contrast to sweden, where as discussed the populace there are implementing their own lockdown.

We know this government wilfully ignored the warning signs. We know they wilfully under-prepared. We know they have priorities other than peoples health as their priority. Do we really therefore trust them to understand how to effectively trust them to make an informed decision about coming out of lockdown? Given they have got absolutely everything wrong so far?

In essence, do we trust this government to look after our best interests and safety?

Back