• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

In UK law Red instructs on dangerous behaviour
Yellow is a warning.
Green is used to indicate No Danger - return to normal

View attachment 2792
Those colour codings are intended for H&S information. This notice concerns public health information so the Health and Safety (Safety Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996 are not applicable.

Safety signs and signals are required where, despite putting in place all other relevant measures, a significant risk to the health and safety of employees and others remains.

I have never seen this combination of green and yellow used in workplace signage.

I'm sure the removal of red and addition of green is because there is a Norwich fan in the graphics department and has nothing to do with the universal association of green with go and safety or it being messaging regarding the health and safety of the nation

I'm sure the removal of red and addition of green is because there is a Norwich fan in the graphics department and has nothing to do with the universal association of green with go and safety or it being messaging regarding the health and safety of the nation

I'm sure you are correct, but your previous assertion was erroneous.

I disagree, without understanding what those colours mean in H&S terms the Boris cheerleaders would say it's purely cosmetic and has no hidden meaning at all, piffle paffle, an inverted pyramid of horseshit. As usual.

The change of colour scheme is a calculated move to convey a message of safety without actually saying it's safe.

I disagree, without understanding what those colours mean in H&S terms the Boris cheerleaders would say it's purely cosmetic and has no hidden meaning at all, piffle paffle, an inverted pyramid of horseshit. As usual.

The change of colour scheme is a calculated move to convey a message of safety without actually saying it's safe.
The colour coding is only applicable in Great Britain where the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 applies, as different colours are used for road signage, ADR, etc. I understand your association theory, but your assertion that certain regulations apply is incorrect.

I will agree to disagree on this matter.

At the risk of sounding like an old fart (which I am) I find it a bit worrying that the people of this country cannot (or will not) follow simple instructions and feel they need every little thing explained to them step by step......I'm not a particularly clever person.....or maybe thats to my advantage

Other than the "stay alert" nonsense, I thought that was a good speech/message.

It means no pubs/shops/restaurants until July at the earliest though. Which I'm sure people will wail about.

So clear that he had his thunder stolen. He wanted to be the big hero and ended up with nothing to say, bar a new shit slogan that doesn't make any sense.

Desk thumping cunt.

Yeah, didn’t think it was that bad really. Still not entirely sure what permitted though.

I still have no idea about going back to work though.

Did he say that everyone can go back to work if you can't do it from home?

15 minutes of saying absolutely nothing.

So I am furloughed because I have two members of the vulnerable group in my household. Boris wants construction back open. Who makes the call on me? My MD who is a family friend and did this to protect my family, or the fat cunt in Downing Street who isn't giving the answer? I am being actively encouraged to put two of the four people in my house at much increased risk.

If you can't work from home, go to work but its up to you and your company to make sure everyone keeps to the social distancing rules, if this is not possible, don't go back to work

If you can't work from home, go to work but its up to you and your company to make sure everyone keeps to the social distancing rules, if this is not possible, don't go back to work

That isn't what my firm wanted when they furloughed me. Plus Scotland are saying STAY AT HOME.

This is appalling. Totally unclear and unfair. Make it clear. No, tap a table and talk shite.

So I am furloughed because I have two members of the vulnerable group in my household. Boris wants construction back open. Who makes the call on me? My MD who is a family friend and did this to protect my family, or the fat cunt in Downing Street who isn't giving the answer? I am being actively encouraged to put two of the four people in my house at much increased risk.
Your boss makes the call.

The furlough scheme still exists and you have legitimate reasons why you shouldn't be in. What Boris has done is give your boss a chance to say "come back or you're fired" however I doubt that scenario will happen for you but will for plenty others across the country.

Construction never 'officially' closed...

Back