• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

As everyone knows, I can be a bit funny with things :D

It's in my eyeline constantly, I felt genuinely insecure getting off the train last weekend as I couldn't see the step properly. I don't know why it's causing my eye to do that but it is and it's not pleasant. My asthma is mostly dormant but I'm definitely struggling while I'm wearing it, I only ever do a quick sweep in Co-Op/One Stop rather than a full weekly shop (I do the main stuff online), much longer than five minutes and it's a real problem.

I just wouldn't be able to deal with it at a game. I mean there'd be no point if I can't see properly out of one eye anyway.

As everyone knows, I can be a bit funny with things :D

It's in my eyeline constantly, I felt genuinely insecure getting off the train last weekend as I couldn't see the step properly. I don't know why it's causing my eye to do that but it is and it's not pleasant. My asthma is mostly dormant but I'm definitely struggling while I'm wearing it, I only ever do a quick sweep in Co-Op/One Stop rather than a full weekly shop (I do the main stuff online), much longer than five minutes and it's a real problem.

I just wouldn't be able to deal with it at a game. I mean there'd be no point if I can't see properly out of one eye anyway.

I'm asthmatic and the feeling of breathing less easily is definitely uncomfortable. An exemption is in place for Asthmatics but for now I'm going to plod on and try and get used to it when I do go to the shop rather than face the inevitable looks/questions if I'm not.

I'll play by the rules because like you say, it's not worth the hassle not to (and I love being difficult for the sake of it ordinarily).

It does (anecdotally at least) show though that for some people it's not just a case of "I won't do what the man tells me", it's a genuine problem.

The eyeline issue is also a problem for me. I have a weird eye condition that means I see multiple images. At a distance, not a problem (depending on lighting) but up close it means I have a problem seeing down and have to be very careful with steps.
That said I have worn them for extended periods a few times and whilst not ideal I can put up with it fir now.

Will add that, having worn one all morning for various reasons, I have noticed non mask wearers giving me more space outside than when I haven't been wearing one...

Haven't coded a positive case for ages now (literally). Feel like I will know if and when it gets bad again. I'll let you know! :icon_lol:

Been wearing a mask in shops for the last few weeks & before they became mandatory - weird at first, but have got used to it now. Only problem is the glasses steaming up, but thats only if I don't put it on properly.

On that point was out this morning & whilst all were complying at least 60% weren't covering the nose which sort of makes it pointless.

If some of you are having issue with breathing, vision etc. then something is going wrong? Can i ask what it is you are wearing?

Have to wear one all day at work so pretty used to it now but it’s still not very comfortable.

If some of you are having issue with breathing, vision etc. then something is going wrong? Can i ask what it is you are wearing?

Pablos ass, like a hockey mask :)

Being serious, the wife is struggling with the concept almost goes into panic attack with breathing, doesnt like it at all !

Glasses. The tape advice works as well as Greg Halford as a premier league signing.

Medical type disposable mask. Putting a filter on your breathing as an asthmatic isn’t comfortable. It’s probably why asthmatics are exempt. I willing to put up with it for the greater good!

Medical type disposable mask. Putting a filter on your breathing as an asthmatic isn’t comfortable. It’s probably why asthmatics are exempt. I willing to put up with it for the greater good!

If you are just using a surgical fluid resistant mask then it should not affect your breathing at all. It is just supposed to be fluid resistant and not be a respirator. If you are using a respirator (FFP1/2/3), then yes that will affect your breathing and be annoying for long periods, but is also wholly unnecessary.

It’s the former. I’m probably getting as much oxygen as without it however when you’re breathing isn’t the best anyway it leaves you thinking that it’s worse (if that makes sense).

We've been wearing masks here for months. Mostly cheap disposables, but I have some cloth ones with removable filters (made by a customer). Nobody is exempt and nobody can go into any store in SA without one. Everyone follows the rules, even the MAGA types. Wear the mask indoors around other people, take it off outside.

Big outbreak in Stone, next town along from here. All linked to an overcrowded pub..

You joke, but it’s in Stafford borough and if it’s a local lockdown we’re stuck.

Back