• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Yeah I know where Stone is, it was a poor attempt at humour alluding to the fact they didn't mention Stone enough in the article. Saw the video on the news as well, they're fucking idiots man.

Too subtle for the likes of me.

That’s looking rather stark, with the 4th July looking pretty much like the take off point
2d468069c91d563adf11932b61518c93.jpg

Pop on Twitter for some cracking racist responses to this news

According to the bbc news at 10 it’s spreading in affluent areas of greater Manchester too. Teenagers passing on to adults.

So trying to understand the rules in these places. It seems you can't visit family in their homes but you can meet folk for a pint in a pub.

Basically if you don't live in Leicester anything else is just noise

So trying to understand the rules in these places. It seems you can't visit family in their homes but you can meet folk for a pint in a pub.

Separate households unable to meet i think, regardless of location?
IDK, knee jerk reaction from Gov, no one knows and really short notice...

Because they can't get any announcement right, Leicester's has been lifted to the same level as the new areas in the North so pubs, restaurants etc open from Monday. Naturally Hancock failed to make this clear

So was this announced randomly on twitter last night? Its a fucking shite state of affairs - can't they even be arsed anymore to hold a press conference when they are putting new restrictions in place on over 2m people?

And you can't meet other people indoors, but you can go to the pub? Its this sort of shit mixed messaging which causes problems. Its clearly social gatherings among young people driving this - just close the pubs & restaurants.

Government Advice...

What will be illegal?
It will be illegal for people who do not live together to meet in a private home or garden, except for limited exceptions to be set out in law. You should not host or visit people you do not live with, unless they are in your support bubble. If you live in the affected areas, you should not visit someone’s home or garden regardless of whether this is in or outside of the restricted area.

Prat Hancock this morning...

Households in the areas of the north of England affected by the additional lockdown measure cannot visit each other at home – but they can visit households outside the affected areas as long as they observe social distancing.

He told BBC Breakfast: “Strictly, the law that we’re bringing in is that two households cannot meet in the area defined but obviously any two households should follow the social distancing rules.”

Its clearly social gatherings among young people driving this - just close the pubs & restaurants.

Eid being widely blamed on social media. I've no idea how accurate that is, but let's say it's very convenient for some

It is. The question being asked of Mat is whether he would announce a lockdown at 8pm on Christmas Eve?

Government press conference at 12. Alex the not so and Professor Chris Witty.

So was this announced randomly on twitter last night? Its a fucking shite state of affairs - can't they even be arsed anymore to hold a press conference when they are putting new restrictions in place on over 2m people?

And you can't meet other people indoors, but you can go to the pub? Its this sort of shit mixed messaging which causes problems. Its clearly social gatherings among young people driving this - just close the pubs & restaurants.

New cases have been ticking up fairly steadily throughout July, since around the 4th, and younger people (<30) tend to be the ones working in hospitality and dining. Don't think that's a coincidence, and probably more of a factor than stuff like house parties (although they've definitely been happening).

I've seen groups of teenagers hanging around in the park near me throughout the whole thing as if nothing's changed. I'm more worried about when the weather gets colder, though, because at least transmission is much less likely outside...

New cases have been ticking up fairly steadily throughout July, since around the 4th, and younger people (<30) tend to be the ones working in hospitality and dining. Don't think that's a coincidence, and probably more of a factor than stuff like house parties (although they've definitely been happening).

I've seen groups of teenagers hanging around in the park near me throughout the whole thing as if nothing's changed. I'm more worried about when the weather gets colder, though, because at least transmission is much less likely outside...

Yep, see graph I posted above yesterday evening.

Back