• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Just thought I would re-appear from the netherworld and send my best wishes to all on here and hope you are all enjoying good health.

Get ready for another rise in cases soon. This 50% government eat out deal has packed out the pubs and restaurants, absolutely crazy. You wouldn't know there was a pandemic

HUXWcaV.jpg

Watch Cover Make Hands Face Space.

Works for me.
Hands, Knees and Boomps a Daisy.

Get ready for another rise in cases soon. This 50% government eat out deal has packed out the pubs and restaurants, absolutely crazy. You wouldn't know there was a pandemic

Will full pubs (presume the majority are still working on limited spaces and sticking to the new rules for pubs) do anything different than the packed beaches in July or protest marches in June?

Yes. Inside inside is massively worse for spreading coronavirus

Grabbed a drive thru McDs about two hours ago. The queue for sit down and Rishis little bargain was out the door and into the car park. Fits really well with Boris’ plan for curbing obesity.

Grabbed a drive thru McDs about two hours ago. The queue for sit down and Rishis little bargain was out the door and into the car park. Fits really well with Boris’ plan for curbing obesity.
Added to that I hear people are doubling up, so rather than half the price are choosing twice as much

Gotta love the Great British public, always go over the top in the wrong way.
We've just got back from 2 weeks away and we ate out quite a lot, pubs, restaurants, tea rooms etc. We never felt unsafe anywhere, certainly in the places we went in they were doing everything by the book. Loads of hand sanitising points, tables well spread out, plastic screens round the tables, met at the door and shown to a table, table service only, all really well run.

Yes. Inside inside is massively worse for spreading coronavirus

I'd get it pubs were over flowing but (not inc Stone here...) the few I have been in are working with such reduced table space it can't create a major problem (obviously I am not taking account the morons who will ignores rules and get hammered but they will be the minority in this, I hope)

Gotta love the Great British public, always go over the top in the wrong way.
We've just got back from 2 weeks away and we ate out quite a lot, pubs, restaurants, tea rooms etc. We never felt unsafe anywhere, certainly in the places we went in they were doing everything by the book. Loads of hand sanitising points, tables well spread out, plastic screens round the tables, met at the door and shown to a table, table service only, all really well run.
Yeah, in Jersey everything is organised, calm and relaxed. Sensible seating arrangements, sanitiser stations, some with track and trace. 6 actively known cases on the island.

I'd get it pubs were over flowing but (not inc Stone here...) the few I have been in are working with such reduced table space it can't create a major problem (obviously I am not taking account the morons who will ignores rules and get hammered but they will be the minority in this, I hope)

The thing with reduced capacity is that has been eased now. We reopened on 2m between tables, we had around 90 covers. After 2 weeks we were told to then reduce it to 1m, my capacity went up to 156.

We have all the Covid measures in place, and they've been pretty well taken on board by customers. Their were fewer people out and about, and were still cautious about eating out. That has gone now, full restaurant yesterday lunch, last night and again this afternoon

The thing with reduced capacity is that has been eased now. We reopened on 2m between tables, we had around 90 covers. After 2 weeks we were told to then reduce it to 1m, my capacity went up to 156.

We have all the Covid measures in place, and they've been pretty well taken on board by customers. Their were fewer people out and about, and were still cautious about eating out. That has gone now, full restaurant yesterday lunch, last night and again this afternoon

Guessing Thursday will see people return to being cautious

Time to book some meals out on a Saturday then.

Seems pretty certain France is going to be quarantined from UK. I've very much been looking forward to a holiday :(

Currently in Camden for the lads birthday. This place is normally heaving buts its basically dead. Every pub, bar the Camden Brewery pop up, are empty. People taking it seriously down this way.

Currently in Camden for the lads birthday. This place is normally heaving buts its basically dead. Every pub, bar the Camden Brewery pop up, are empty. People taking it seriously down this way.

Really! I just drove through Shoreditch/Old Street on my way home further east, and the place was as rammed as I've ever seen it on a hot summer's night. People spilling out onto the roads because the pavements are so full, bars and restaurants packed inside and out. Was bizarre, even disturbing. I just can't imagine being in big crowds like that again for a long time to come.

I live five minutes from old street and it’s very quiet here :D whenever I’ve been down by the station lately in the evenings it’s been quite quiet so I’m surprised!

Back