• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

The risk when you're walking around outdoors is so minimal that there's absolutely no point in wearing one (I mean do it if you want, but it isn't realistically helping anyone).

It's ventilation indoors and the increased likelihood that you'll be closer to people than you would be if you're just wandering around in the park or on the street. Unless you're some weird freak who walks too close to strangers, of course.

There's definitely a placebo effect, if we were that bothered or that convinced that they made any difference then pubs, cafes and restaurants wouldn't be open - in all of which you won't be wearing a mask while you're sat down. But if it saves any lives for now I suppose it's worth it.

There'll come a point where they just abandon it and pretend they never said it was a good idea, because this is what they do on any subject.

I see after reducing the death numbers by 5k they did another reduction last night....1.3m removed from the test count.

It's a farce. I know of someone with a negative test result and the advice is to (still) isolate. So what's the point in taking the test? And as for announcing a quarantine from a point in the future, what do they think will happen? A stampede to the nearest air, sea or train terminal with hundreds of people huffing and puffing over each other. Genius. Better to say the measures imposed are immediate, no?

Because you can test negative in the early days - need two tests 5 days apart to be certain I think.

It's a farce. I know of someone with a negative test result and the advice is to (still) isolate. So what's the point in taking the test? And as for announcing a quarantine from a point in the future, what do they think will happen? A stampede to the nearest air, sea or train terminal with hundreds of people huffing and puffing over each other. Genius. Better to say the measures imposed are immediate, no?

They don't learn any lessons.

Flagging up for a week that pubs are likely to close, then saying on a Friday teatime that this is the last night. What do you think is going to happen?

Mandatory masks, fine, if that's what the evidence suggests will help. But we've been wandering out for four months without them. There's a horse bolting over there, lads. May as well leave the door now.

It's all cooked up on the hoof, led by a weird little man who no-one ever voted for. Farcical stuff and has been right from the outset.

Because you can test negative in the early days - need two tests 5 days apart to be certain I think.

They had a symptom (singular) for a few days, hence why the test was undertaken. And if the dormancy is correct, how many people are waltzing about carefree having only undertaken a single test? The advice is so woolly and able to be interpreted in so many ways the person ended up having to speak to 111 for some idea of clarity. Oh, and that clarity? 'Stay at home until your symptoms have gone,' so they might have something completely unrelated and be off for ages.

PHE being axed. Who shall we get to run the replacement?

I know, Dido Harding. With her brilliant track record.

Hmm...

The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine is conducting a DHSC-funded study which looks at whether dogs could be used as a new rapid, non-invasive diagnostic tool to detect COVID. They are trying to recruit volunteers (both NHS workers and the public) who have mild COVID symptoms and are due to have a swab test or have had a swab test conducted in the past 24 hours.

Volunteers will need to provide samples of breath and body odour by wearing a mask for three hours and nylon socks and a t-shirt for twelve hours. Everything required will be sent to the volunteer by post so no travel is required.

More information can be found here and you can volunteer or find out more by calling 0207 9272777 or by emailing coviddogs@lshtm.ac.uk

birmingham has seen a fair escalation in its number of cases. brilliant timing - 4 weeks before I an schedukled to return to on site working and thousands of people will be converging in a small area.

also, a friend is currently in france. she reports there is zero social distancing there. all french people are continuing to welcome/greet each other with the traditional 2 kisses. Very low mask usage.

Are the increase in cases over the last 5-6 weeks now beginning to= More hospital usage and deaths?

China saying their vaccine will be available by the end of the year.

Seems to be following the Oxford Vaccine in terms of side effects generally being a slightly annoying headache for the majority who do get anything after the injection

Are the increase in cases over the last 5-6 weeks now beginning to= More hospital usage and deaths?

Not in Dudley, yet any way. Still next to nothing

I don't know tbh. It is the council making a number of local announcements encouraging everyone tightens up on good practise owing to a spike in positive test results.

I have a contact in the hospital, but they're on holiday for a couple of weeks...

Telford and Wrekin talking about possible lockdown if the increase in cases continues...24 last week, 6 the week before.....I will be extremely pissed off

Still don't know exactly, however announcement yesterday that birmingham is 29 cases per 100k. local lockdown is a possibility...

August 11th:

-A total of 1009 people have tested positive for COVID-19
-Of these 264 patients have now sadly died.
-Confirmed inpatients (with blue flag positive cases only): 2
-New cases in last 24hrs: 1
-Inpatient discharges: 413

August 18th:

-A total of 1009 people have tested positive for COVID-19
-Of these 264 patients have now sadly died.
-Confirmed inpatients (with blue flag positive cases only): 0
-New cases in last 24hrs: 0
-Inpatient discharges: 417

Back