• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I live five minutes from old street and it’s very quiet here :D whenever I’ve been down by the station lately in the evenings it’s been quite quiet so I’m surprised!

Which part? It was reasonably busy on City Road around KX, Angel felt much quieter than normal, then from Old St roundabout down into Shoreditch it got busier and busier until that bit on Bethnal Green Road from Boxpark to Brick Lane, where I was having to weave my way through the crowds pretty much.

Ah, I’m going more towards Dalston. That doesn’t sound good!

work colleague flew out to france yesterday to visit family.
am sure that they will maintain their distance etc, as likely to just stay with their family most of the time.
Quarantining won't be an issue for them, as we're still having to work from home til mid sept as things stand.
Had an email from a friend who lives in sandwell today, and they're expecting a local lockdown to be implenented there.

Putin saving us all...

RUSSIA REGISTERS VIRUS VACCINE Vladimir Putin says that a coronavirus vaccine developed in his country has been registered for use and one of his daughters has already been inoculated, despite international skepticism.

RHH latest:

-A total of 1009 people have tested positive for COVID-19
-Of these 264 patients have now sadly died.
-Confirmed inpatients (with blue flag positive cases only): 2
-New cases in last 24hrs: 1
-Inpatient discharges: 413

26% died? Guess that reflects the profile of those who might be tested, but christ.

"A review of how deaths from coronavirus are counted in England has reduced the UK death toll by more than 5,000, to 41,329, the government has announced.

The recalculation is based on a new definition of who has died from Covid.

Previously, people in England who died at any point following a positive test, regardless of cause, were counted in the figures.

But there will now be a cut-off of 28 days, providing a more accurate picture of the epidemic.

This brings England's measure in line with the other UK nations."

EfP3E9_XsAEHfbN

Had to get the whole family tested on Tuesday as the wife has had a cough since Monday.

She's had to go for another test as it came back undecided, where as mine and the eldests came back negative. We're pretty sure its just a cold as I'm under the weather but with no cough but a wheezy chest.

She's praying it comes back negetive so she can work again!

"Government to hire 'Head of Pandemic Preparedness' six months into Covid-19 crisis"

On.the.ball

We're going in a fortnight, quarantine or no. Seems as though the increase in cases, beyond additional testing, is in the 20-40 bracket; hospital admissions are decreasing in spite of this uplift.

Not an option for us as if you go against travel advice then insurance is not valid, plus kids will miss start of high school

The invalid insurance is a fair risk and it was frustrating to note that our previous insurer, Puffin, had a note which stated that if you could offer evidence that your travel was essential, their underwriter may approve it and all would be fine. Admiral, on the other hand, are a bunch of wankers, basically you're not insured for anything and their FAQ contradicts itself because it says if you travel against FCO advice you're fucked, but if you bought your policy before X (check) and booked your holiday before Y (check again) you're OK.

I'll be lone working for another month then, as my colleague is out there right now.

Plans afoot for returning to work on site on a part time basis. Very early stages considering it'll be in 4 weeks time, and got to be honest I have my concerns. However, I am reassured by some emails I have seen suggesting WFH will be the majority of most peoples time.
Looks like I will be in a bubble with 2-3 other people.
Biggest relief, is won't have to be seeing anybody face to face, aside from 1 colleague who I expect I'll have to share a room with.
Masks are to be encouraged. Will certainly be wearing mine.

Lots of people are still refusing to wear masks when they should do and no one is enforcing the ban. So the fine for not wearing one has been increased. Although still no one will be enforcing it.

*shrugs*

Exemption cards

Those who have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering should not be routinely asked to give any written evidence of this, this includes exemption cards. No person needs to seek advice or request a letter from a medical professional about their reason for not wearing a face covering.

Some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.

This is a personal choice and is not necessary in law.

Out in Wolves yesterday and out doors it is probably a 50/50 split on people wearing them but in the Manders/Wulfrun everyone was wearing a mask

Back