• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I requested a refund from Easyjet at the start of May that I am still waiting on too

Customer care agents appear to be somewhat light on the ground too, I have been waiting since 9.00am for one to come available

I managed to move our flights for the original TdF start date to August next year, however I do need to pay £50 to change names as it was for me and my wife and I cannot book a separate ticket for our son as he's too young. Fucking bricking it about any measures against France though, we're due to go out in a month and I think I'll have a breakdown if I can't get out there.

Sure, anyone booking now should factor in such risks but I guess most people would expect more than around 3 hours notice for it, especially when a lot of people are in areas where no spikes or local lockdowns are in play. I would also say that the majority on trips right now will be ones booked before this shit happened and could not get a refund or the airlines were charging ridiculous amounts to change.

Might have been better to do a "if you are in this area" then sorry you are quarantined on your return and if you are in other areas please arrange a test for when you arrive back

My wife was due to go to Prague in August (booked last year) with her Mum but she wanted to change it. Flights costs £300 - Jet2 advised £400 extra to change the flights so she accepted she would lose her money but last week jet2 cancelled the flights and refunded her

I suppose there's no easy answers, I do have sympathy for airline/holiday providers and of course customers who lose money, guess we all have to be patient and understanding and accept if we book hols, we might lose money or a whole holiday. I know after we booked these 2 cottages about 4-5 weeks ago, I have been watching news to see if there was any likely local lockdowns but we were lucky. Tbh I wasn't bothered about a holiday this year but my missus has been locked down since March, unable to return to work and struggling big time mentally, she was desperate to get away so I went along with it

We’re off to France camping next month too - already had Chunnel tickets as originally were going Croatia, so just booked somewhere a bit closer. Not fussed about quarantine really, but would be a bummer for the kids at school.

We’re off to France camping next month too - already had Chunnel tickets as originally were going Croatia, so just booked somewhere a bit closer. Not fussed about quarantine really, but would be a bummer for the kids at school.

Kids have obviously changed since I was a nipper, I would have been cock a hoop at the chance of an extra 2 weeks holiday

My flight to Ibiza is booked for Friday morning with Jet2.

As it stands anyone travelling to mainland Spain can get a refund on their flights/holidays through their insurance or through Jet2 because Mainland Spain is on the FCO list.

If you are travelling to the Spanish Islands you can't get a refund because it isn't on the FCO list and those flights are still taking place..

However, upon return from either you have to quarantine for 14 days. This inconsistency will result in thousands of people travelling to the Balearics and Canaries and then not isolating on their return.

The government should have put all of Spain on the list or not insisted on quarantine from the Spanish Islands, they've made a mess of this.

As it stands anyone travelling to mainland Spain can get a refund on their flights/holidays through their insurance or through Jet2 because Mainland Spain is on the FCO list.

If you are travelling to the Spanish Islands you can't get a refund because it isn't on the FCO list and those flights are still taking place..

However, upon return from either you have to quarantine for 14 days. This inconsistency will result in thousands of people travelling to the Balearics and Canaries and then not isolating on their return.

The government should have put all of Spain on the list or not insisted on quarantine from the Spanish Islands, they've made a mess of this.

Spanish Government seem to think the advice on the islands will change this week and if you visit them you won't have to quarantine

Spanish Government seem to think the advice on the islands will change this week and if you visit them you won't have to quarantine

Yep, I've keenly been reading those articles, obviously in my case it needs to be sooner rather than later!

And whilst the Spanish government have said that, Raab seems to have doubled down on the decision today.

Jersey has excluded the Canaries and the Balearics from self isolation. Mainland Spain does require isolation though.

Customer care agents appear to be somewhat light on the ground too, I have been waiting since 9.00am for one to come available
It's kinda odd. had to renew my car insurance yesterday, as well as pay the car tax. Loads of insurance companies have closed their phone lines.

Belgium has announced an increase in measures, and is warning of a 2nd nationwide lockdown.
Cases rising still in spain, and there a reports that groups of teenagers/young people are congregating for drinking sessions outdoors, as pubs/clubs have been closed again.
France and Germany are worried about their spikes. Reports this morning that European leaders are concerned this is the beginning of the 2nd spike.

Initially I wondered if they were over-worrying, but pandemics usually last between 2-3 years, so we are potentially only in the early sages of this situation.

Non essential travel to Balearics and Canaries now banned

Yep, which should mean i can get a refund.

This is what the government should have done in the first place, as i said i have no issue with the quarantine rules if they think that's what is necessary, it was the inconsistency between mainland and the Spanish islands that meant people were screwed regarding insurance that was shit.

Thankfully it looks like that is sorted now!

So a week or so of mandatory face mask wear...I'm not keen at all I'm afraid. As much as I'm trying to adjust, it massively messes with my vision (causes one eye to water horribly) and my breathing.

If wearing one were to be a condition of going to Molineux then I would be giving up my ticket. 5-10 minutes in a supermarket and I'm struggling. Two hours in a ground, I wouldn't be able to deal with it.

I had to wear one for three hours for a outpatient appointment at the hospital on Friday. It was a bit uncomfortable at first but it was fine.

I reckon you just need to try a different mask Deutsch, or I read adding some tissue inside them can stop your warm breath going up out the top.

Back