• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

You wait till you have glasses matey :)

yeah had that experience when trying on a pair " Look in the mirror and see what you think".....2 seconds of seeing them and then nothing. Brill.

You are all catching Covid off me in future.

Glasses aren't a big deal - been wearing them for 60 yrs & got so used to them that I don't notice them now

Agree that glasses & a mask are difficult - have some full face visors I obtained to allow us to open the charity shop next week which are easier to work with for any extended term - get a few odd looks in the shops but that's their problem not mine

You need the masks with the pipe cleaner for the nose, works fine.

yeah had that experience when trying on a pair " Look in the mirror and see what you think".....2 seconds of seeing them and then nothing. Brill.

You are all catching Covid off me in future.

Alright four eyes, pipe down.

Not the worse insult I have had today, so you can have that one

San Antonio currently has almost three times as many hospital covid-19 patients as does New York City. 1205-430

Mask + Glasses is a good combo

Like opening the oven, over and over

Get a tiny dab of Fairy Liquid (other brands of dish soap are available) and smear it thinly over each lens. It'll stop glasses fogging up.

Get a tiny dab of Fairy Liquid (other brands of dish soap are available) and smear it thinly over each lens. It'll stop glasses fogging up.
Dish soap???? Surely that's up there with housecoat? It's clearly washing up liquid [emoji3]

If that's the case then the mask doesn't fit the face correctly.

The disposable paper ones aren't even designed to, no way they're sealing around anyone's fizzog. Not a major issue I suppose when they're designed to stop projectiles from you hitting anyone else (which they will do) but they do steam up your safety glasses. We have to wear ours all day and you can't see what you're doing for half of it, the Wolves one has made it loads better but it still happens.

Texas now recommending that people living in multi-generational families should wear a mask in their own home!

The disposable paper ones aren't even designed to, no way they're sealing around anyone's fizzog. Not a major issue I suppose when they're designed to stop projectiles from you hitting anyone else (which they will do) but they do steam up your safety glasses. We have to wear ours all day and you can't see what you're doing for half of it, the Wolves one has made it loads better but it still happens.

Hence that's why they're not designed to protect the wearer. If you're wearing RPE with other PPE then clearly (no pun intended) they're not compatible if one item is affecting the performance of another.

Chinese embassy in Kazakhstan warning its citizens to be aware of a new viral pneumonia sweeping the country,it's killed 628 people in June,could have a better kill rate than covid-19.
2020 the gift that keeps giving

Prof Jonathan Heeney, a virologist at the University of Cambridge, said the study confirmed a growing body of evidence that immunity to Covid-19 is short-lived. “Most importantly, it puts another nail in the coffin of the dangerous concept of herd immunity,” he said.

“I cannot underscore how important it is that the public understands that getting infected by this virus is not a good thing. Some of the public, especially the youth, have become somewhat cavalier about getting infected, thinking that they would contribute to herd immunity. Not only will they place themselves at risk, and others, by getting infected, and losing immunity, they may even put themselves at greater risk of more severe lung disease if they get infected again in the years to come.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-19-could-be-lost-in-months-uk-study-suggests

There's a travel blogger called bald and bankrupt,he's caught it and really knocked him about,his videos worth a look,I'd link it,but I'm a Luddite and can't do it

Everyone up to date with the situation on wearing Masks in the UK in shops?

Just to sum up the Government advice from this weekend - You don't need to but use your common sense and definately wear them in shops if you want to do so but utterly up to you and we are looking at how we can enforce you to wear those masks you can wear if you feel like and have common sense.

All very clear

Mask wearing on public transport became mandatory here today. €2,500 fine for anyone not complying!

Third day in a row the rolling 7-day average of new cases has increased. Well above 600 now with 530 reported today compared to 350 last week. Not good.

Back