• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Surely that’s down to testing being more freely available though?

I tested positive on Friday, since then my other half and kids and most of my workmates have all booked tests and been given their negative results, it took around 26 hours from booking to receiving their results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely that’s down to testing being more freely available though?

I tested positive on Friday, since then my other half and kids and most of my workmates have all booked tests and been given their negative results, it took around 26 hours from booking to receiving their results

Not really (I think that's known as the Donald reason...), been dead easy to get a test for weeks now and the percentage positive hasn't changed much. I'd think its more reflective of people coming into closer proximity with others as they go back to work.

Hope you are feeling well.

It has yes but not everyone knows how easy it is, no one I spoke to in the wake of my result knew, honestly, absolutely no one, it was only when we were told that we booked it, none of my shift knew

I’m ok thanks, just suffering with headache

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...texas-man-dies-covid-party-hoax-a9614231.html

It.might be a bit unpleasant to say serves the fucker right, but you know what, it does. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever.

The hospital where he died is less than a mile from here. None of my customers can believe that anyone would be that stupid, but all the statistics show that not only do they exist but there are a lot of them - over 60% of new cases are people under 40 years of age, who think they are somehow immune. It's not even MAGA types, just wilful ignorance.

MAGA people do exist, but not in large numbers, and they do wear masks and usually take care. One customer has been wearing a mask for months, and recently read my sign informing him that masks are mandatory. So he removed his, claiming that no commie government could tell him what to do. Eventually I persuaded him to put it back on - by suggesting it was my 'demand' rather than a city mandate. Today he argued that the 15,000 cases reported in Florida in one day is proof that the virus is a hoax, on the basis (I think) that there are not enough hospitals to process that many new patients in 24 hours. But I think that deep down he knows he is speaking BS, so he wears a mask anyway.

So we all have to wear face masks in shops from next week. Will pubs will be exempt?

That's a relief. Walking around the airy supermarkets with a face mask on will protect me for when I sit in the enclosed space of a public house.

That's a relief. Walking around the airy supermarkets with a face mask on will protect me for when I sit in the enclosed space of a public house.
The theory is all pubs are following the social distancing rules re tables etc so you aren't going to come into contact with anyone, whereas super markets have people walking in front of each other or leaning across all the time. I'm sure the first part falls down in City Centre bars at weekends, but I've not been in one

I've been into 2 local pubs over the past few days and both were very quiet, had a clear system in place and the staff were excellent. No issues from me with how they've done it. But yes, city centre pubs frequented by dickheads will no doubt be another story - I'm not going anywhere near one of those.

The supermarkets I've used throughout have had systems in place too, only allowing limited numbers in, sanitisers, one way systems, controlled queues but less drunks

I hope that you know that I'm playing devils advocate here.

With regards to the supermarkets, you aren't in close contact with anyone for anything more than a few seconds. During lockdown the transmission of the disease fell whilst we were all shopping without masks so why is the relatively safe task now requiring of a mask?

Are we saying that we need to prevent the small number of transmissions in supermarkets to offset transmissions in other areas where masks can't be worn for practicality reasons?

Supermarkets have been far worse for people not socially distancing than the two pubs I've visited (admittedly both were in the middle of the Yorkshire dales and the first was a terrible pub).

In supermarkets people have been awful with the rules (especially in Tesco).

The wearing of masks should have been brought in as soon as we knew there was no longer a PPE shortage imo. Just standard of this government to be slow and indecisive.

I think its more to do with the perception of safety. We're desperate to reignite the retail sector, without confidence or the perception of confidence it will struggle to attract back the shoppers it so desperately needs.

It would be difficult to enforse mask coverings in a restaurant or a pub for obvious reasons (that's why they are not) but if it gives you more confidence to wear one between eating and drinking then there's no reason not to encourage the wearing of them.

We are all going to have to learn to live with this virus for the foreseeable, even if we control it here then we would have to shut the borders to prevent any future outbreaks.

MAGA people do exist, but not in large numbers, and they do wear masks and usually take care. One customer has been wearing a mask for months, and recently read my sign informing him that masks are mandatory. So he removed his, claiming that no commie government could tell him what to do. Eventually I persuaded him to put it back on - by suggesting it was my 'demand' rather than a city mandate. Today he argued that the 15,000 cases reported in Florida in one day is proof that the virus is a hoax, on the basis (I think) that there are not enough hospitals to process that many new patients in 24 hours. But I think that deep down he knows he is speaking BS, so he wears a mask anyway.

:confused-smiley-013

I just don't get the resistance some people have to wearing a mask. So your personal liberty and freedom to choose is more important than the safety and well being of the majority? That just makes you a selfish cunt if you ask me...

Ed Gamble
@EdGambleComedy
Seeing a lot of people with the St. George’s Cross in their screen-names complaining about wearing a mask. Compromise: tie your dumb fucking flag around your stupid pink face

So we all have to wear face masks in shops from next week. Will pubs will be exempt?
I would think so. The way that the virus is managed and social distancing is maintained in pubs is completely different to shops.

The supermarkets I've used throughout have had systems in place too, only allowing limited numbers in, sanitisers, one way systems, controlled queues but less drunks
One of my local supermarkets has removed all one way systems and social distancing signage.

There's been no social distancing at all in my local Lidl for yonks. Their staff don't even wear masks and haven't at any stage, and take no steps to distance themselves from customers when stocking the shelves. They have screens at checkout and that's it.

Back