• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

There's already an outbreak in Mongolia so I'd assume it's come from there

There's already an outbreak in Mongolia so I'd assume it's come from there

Thats the only case.

Pretty simple to deal with these days with anti-b's

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jul/07/care-home-chief-denounces-clumsy-and-cowardly-boris-johnson-comments
“I think this at best was clumsy and cowardly but to be honest with you, if this is genuinely his view, I think we’re almost entering a Kafka-esque alternative reality where the government set the rules, we follow them, they don’t like the results and they then deny setting the rules and blame the people that were trying to do their best. It is hugely frustrating.”

Asked why he believed the PM’s comments were cowardly, Adams said: “Because you’ve got 1.6 million social care workers who, when most of us are locked away in our bunkers, waiting out Covid, and really trying to protect our family, we’ve got these brave people on minimum wage, often with no sickness cover at all, going into work to protect our parents, our grandparents, our children, putting their own health and potentially lives at risk.

“And then to get perhaps the most senior man in the country turning round and blaming them on what has been an absolute travesty of leadership from the government, I just think it’s appalling.”

Adams said care homes had been let down on protective equipment, and “abandoned” when it came to testing.

“We’ve got a situation where the whole of the social care system has had to source 90% of its PPE since the beginning of the crisis, and that’s still the same,” he said.

I see Bolsonaro has tested positive. Such a shame. Just need Trump to get a dose next.

I see Bolsonaro has tested positive. Such a shame. Just need Trump to get a dose next.
He will use it to his advantage if he can. If he gets better without any hospital help he will double down on his small flu statements

Wanker's press conference.

"I have Covid" *removes mask barely a few feet from all the reporters* "I'm fine"

Fucking nutjob. I hope he gets a severe case.

It kinda highlights how people are effectively cannon fodder for his beliefs.

I'm so angry about this. The only thing not making me apoplectic is that it has the potential to backfire bigtime. The families of 20k deceased, plus the families of care home workers will all be well aware of this. It could be a poll tax moment. But perhaps the wish is father of the thought.

It kinda highlights how people are effectively cannon fodder for his beliefs.

I'm so angry about this. The only thing not making me apoplectic is that it has the potential to backfire bigtime. The families of 20k deceased, plus the families of care home workers will all be well aware of this. It could be a poll tax moment. But perhaps the wish is father of the thought.
It won't. We don't do outrage anymore we passive obedience

Rumours are rife where I work right now
Even with the face masks, hand sanitizer, social distancing etc etc. Heard 2 folk have contracted the virus
A manufacturing engineer and a 3rd shift controls engineer
Now, even though they maybe rumours I've not seen either for a day or 2. The HR dept hasn't sent an email with respects to contact tracing or in fact acknowledge the fact 2 employees have the virus...a lot of people are quite worried right now

Laura Kuenssberg
@bbclaurak - PM kept saying no one knew about asymptomatic transmission of corona virus.. but govt scientists were looking at it as earlier as January....

Just say he is a liar Laura, it's easy to do.

Its from John Crace so I would have to treat it with a pinch of salt whilst I see if I can find out for certain.

Because to cover up Boris’s lies, Matt has to be complicit in his own increasingly tenuous grasp of the truth. Because most of us could have sworn that back in early March, Hancock had told the Commons that what made the coronavirus so deadly was the significant rate of transmission from asymptomatic patients. So both he and Boris were now speaking bollocks about not having shifted the blame to care homes.

Pub tonight.

- Slightly reconfigured. Booths in rather than bank seating. I'd booked us up so we got a seat right by the TV
- Most people adhering to the guidelines but a couple of dickheads as always
- App ordering (though you could go to the bar if you wanted). Glad this wasn't around 15 years ago, fucking dangerous! I'm far too sensible for that now though. But so efficient. Worked perfectly
- No sound on the game. Bit annoying but not a gamechanger. Don't quite get it as the pub was fairly busy and loud anyway and it's nowhere near residential properties
- Glad to support a local business again, the guy who runs the bar is lovely, he took it over after his Dad died and it's a bit of a labour of love for him

Will go again but not on my own for now, just if I want to see a mate.

Just having a swifty in the Western on the way back from having my check up on the wrist of doom at New Cross. Very well organised. Temp check on entry. Table service and you must be assigned a table and they are all two metres apart. Seems painless. No need to book but obvs if the table space is full you won’t get in. Nice to be in a pub again though after over three months.

Just had to wear my face mask for an extended period. After 30 mins I hated it so fair play to anyone has to wear one all day for their work.

Given me another reason not to go out to shops I guess, so not all bad.

Also my first exerience since it all changed of walking through Wolvo City Centre. Clearly marked where you should walk etc but seems a lot of people in the City don't give a shit. Walking where they want and thats an exit only is it...fuck that i am going that way instead of taking 4 more steps to my right.

I was wearing one all day at work for the first two weeks back but there really wasn’t a need as I control access to my lab.

Mask + Glasses is a good combo

Like opening the oven, over and over

Back