• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I am not essentially anti-vaccine or Gates in terms of his work in IT development (although I wouldn't trust him or the WHO as far as I could throw them or any other large corporation for that matter especially the Pharma industry).

There are many more like this but most credible information has disappeared off ' loose searches ' (along with the conspiracy shyte). Google and YT is now the Ministry of Truth and Bill Gates always was and always will be a demi-god.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28188123

Also, this interview with Kennedy Jnr may be of interest (if you keep an open mind). His uncle once spoke about secrecy ( a while before he was silenced )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLi6ZrFp6vQ

Now in the weird situation of receiving more financial aid from the US (where I haven't lived since I was six) than the UK, which has decided that people who became self-employed less than three years ago can go whistle...

Which isn't actually true. They base it on any submitted tax return.

NZ - Half the population of the size of London and doesn't serve as a major transport hub for world travel. I don't think you can put the govt fuck up in the context of a comparison with NZ which is far easier to 'isolate' .

This is the usual argument used to explain why New Zealand has had 21 Covid deaths and we've had over 30,000.

Oh, and Auckland Airport services over 20 million passengers a year.

This is the usual argument used to explain why New Zealand has had 21 Covid deaths and we've had over 30,000.

Oh, and Auckland Airport services over 20 million passengers a year.

And it's a pretty good argument.

Btw 9.3 Million of those passengers in Auckland are flying domestically.

1/4 of those who have died have had diabetes. No breakdown on the split between type 1 & 2.

which tends to suggest there is a lot of kiwi's moving around

0.0016% of our excess deaths

ThisMinibus.jpg versus this Emirates.jpg

Yet you were happy to try to peddle the Sweden no-lockdown earlier in your argument despite the UK having 10 times the highly populated areas of Sweden.

You can't twist everything to suit your "argument"

Yet you were happy to try to peddle the Sweden no-lockdown earlier in your argument despite the UK having 10 times the highly populated areas of Sweden.

You can't twist everything to suit your "argument"

And I'm still happy to do that in the context of ' herd immunity ', ' Urbanisation' and ' population density ' as opposed to 'isolation '

80% of the population who contract the virus are asymptomatic or carry mild symptons. The failure to isolate the 20% and build ' herd immunity ' amongst the rest will leave the UK in complete economic ruin October onwards. Unemployment, home repossessions, higher tax and psychcological damage are the ' new normal '.

And I'm still happy to do that in the context of ' herd immunity ', ' Urbanisation' and ' population density ' as opposed to 'isolation '

80% of the population who contract the virus are asymptomatic or carry mild symptons. The failure to isolate the 20% and build ' herd immunity ' amongst the rest will leave the UK in complete economic ruin October onwards. Unemployment, home repossessions, higher tax and psychcological damage are the ' new normal '.

Or you could say pursuing herd immunity.....

I wish you'd stop leaning on this "80% have no or mild symptoms" crutch. It's a new virus and many of its long-term effects are unclear, but we're already seeing all kinds of evidence in wards across the world of asymptomatic or mild cases still leaving patients with chronic after-effects, like permanent reductions in lung capacity, or the Kawasaki-like symptoms that are appearing at unprecedented rates in children in NYC and London.

Plus, "mild" as defined by the WHO means anything that doesn't require medical treatment - that includes a lot of people who go through absolute hell for weeks as they try to recover at home.

With a pandemic like this there is no choice but to experience economic disruption. If you let something like this run amok it fucks your economy even more so than any lockdowns we've seen. Economists across the spectrum agree on this, based on both modelling and historical precedent. And that's notwithstanding that, as Sweden has shown, even if you try to let things carry on as normal most people are going to act like they're in lockdown anyway, leaving the economy just as stalled.

We'll be back at work before we get economically ruined. People will lose interests in the daily death counts, the daily briefings will become the same thing over and over. I think the new normal will be people accepting that there are deaths and carrying on with their lives

We'll be back at work before we get economically ruined. People will lose interests in the daily death counts, the daily briefings will become the same thing over and over. I think the new normal will be people accepting that there are deaths and carrying on with their lives

That's both scarily and sickeningly true.

741f8333c18be5dfda99269bb288dd2b.jpg

What a load of bollocks!

It's the Daily Heil, why is anybody paying attention to them?

There is a reason paper readership is dwindling.

I have no idea. But whilst these stats are a couple of years old, they still have a loyal readership and they do still influence people.
29c49fd2d1ef84df751197ff2e25d787.jpg
d3860abb1ce1d9424dbab7bbc480d64b.jpg
1e0cce512b106243db8c4f4b2fcb2c67.jpg

It's a new virus and many of its long-term effects are unclear, but we're already seeing all kinds of evidence in wards across the world of asymptomatic or mild cases still leaving patients with chronic after-effects, like permanent reductions in lung capacity, or the Kawasaki-like symptoms that are appearing at unprecedented rates in children in NYC and London.

Totally agree it's very unclear. They should keep the UK in lockdown until there is a vaccine (given this unclear risk)

Back