• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Just to lighten the mood, the best lockdown story I've seen all day I've seen all day.

elaine paige.jpg

Be surprised if there isn't a relatively big increase in the numbers after today, with VE day -my street is all out the front absolutely no distancing going on, took dog out earlier and a lot of other streets the same.

On our walk with the dog just, its a bit sporadic near us, little groups but all sittng 2 metres + apart

Be surprised if there isn't a relatively big increase in the numbers after today, with VE day -my street is all out the front absolutely no distancing going on, took dog out earlier and a lot of other streets the same.

Plenty of people sunbathing in the park with their beer.

Also I’ve noticed quite a few lads out and about who appear to have a professional barber within their household or have the barbers gone underground?

It's not just by me, my mate sent me a picture earlier and it genuinely looks like a carnival by him. This VE street party stuff is going to cause problems

Quite a few groups of people I've seen out and about today after making a couple of trips to chemist. Quite a number of families on streets around here too but mostly just their household bar a couple of bigger groups. Rumours of a pub being open a couple of miles down the road today too

It's not just by me, my mate sent me a picture earlier and it genuinely looks like a carnival by him. This VE street party stuff is going to cause problems
There's some irony that those who still remain from the war have been put at greater risk by those celebrating them.

Just went to Sainsbury's which is about a 10 minute drive. I saw a number of mini street parties with minimal social distancing. One involved neighbours who had straddled their BBQ either side of the picket fence on their front lawn. I have no doubt that if pubs were open they'd be rammed

Nothing happening around work, on my way home shortly but would be happy to bet it's dead.

Just popped round to co-op, didn't see a soul outside, 3 other customers in here besides me.

There's been a party of about 25 on the green outside my house, plus our neighbours have been having social garden drinks with their elderly neighbours this evening!

There's been a party of about 25 on the green outside my house, plus our neighbours have been having social garden drinks with their elderly neighbours this evening!

Have you seen the street party in Cosham?

There's some irony that those who still remain from the war have been put at greater risk by those celebrating them.

Exactly my thoughts. We pay our respects to those who survived the war by partying and threatening their lives now? This country is dumb as fuck...

For fuck sake. Cosham, the area where the main hospital in Portsmouth is...

“Have we arrived at this predicament because the government’s strategy went awry? And if so, why?”

care home residents harvested. left to die by uk government herd immunity

Care homes have been in lockdown since mid-march and residents are stll dying in high numbers. This suggests recent infections are as a result of care workers not being supplied and/or using the required PPE. I would have thought all hospitals let alone care homes would have had the required PPE on hand in readiness given Exercise Cygnus that occured in 2016. I don't know about harvesting it smacks of gross negligence ( or worse ) on behalf of whoever was tasked with risk managing following that exercise because lives have been lost needlessly. It stinks, considering many of them (who have paid tax all their life) have to sell houses to pay for their care.

Professor Lockdown ( Neil Ferguson )

2001 Foot and Mouth disease. 6 Millions Cattle, sheep and pigs culled at a cost of 10 Billion. Advice based on flawed evidence that didn't take into species composition in individual farms.

2002 Predicted up to 50k people could be killed by BSE. Actual deaths 177

2005 Said 200 million people could die from Bird Flu. Between 2003 & 2009 282 people died worldwide

2009 Estimated that swine flu mortality rate was 0.4 per cent. Advised a worst case scenario of 65K deaths. Swine flu killed 457 people in the UK death rate 0.026

Comparison between Sweden ( No Lockdown) and UK (Lockdown)

Discount care home deaths which account for half of all deaths according to the WHO

Sweden (No Lockdown) - Population 10 Million - Deaths outside of care home is 1587 giving a mortality rate of 0.015%
UK (Lockdown) - Population 66 Million - Deaths outside of care home is 15500 giving a mortality rate of 0.023%

Note - 87% of Sweden's population are urban compared to 83% in the UK

https://www.statista.com/statistics/455935/urbanization-in-sweden/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/270369/urbanization-in-the-united-kingdom/

Stockholm compared to London

http://comparecities.org/en/compare/Stockholm-London

Comparison between Sweden ( No Lockdown) and UK (Lockdown)

Discount care home deaths which account for half of all deaths according to the WHO

Sweden (No Lockdown) - Population 10 Million - Deaths outside of care home is 1587 giving a mortality rate of 0.015%
UK (Lockdown) - Population 66 Million - Deaths outside of care home is 15500 giving a mortality rate of 0.023%

Sweden is about 1.9 times bigger than the Uk and so their small population is spread over a larger area.

The (more) dense population in UK will account for the larger ease of spread.

Sweden has a low population density of 22 inhabitants per square kilometre

UK is the 21st-most populated country in the world. Its overall population density is 259 people per square kilometre

What point are you trying to make?

You keep appearing to suggest that the lockdown was not required and when questioned state that you are all for the lockdown to continue.

Your two posts above seem to hint that Ferguson got it completely wrong on 4 previous occasions and, therefore, is wrong again with Covid

Sweden is about 1.9 times bigger than the Uk and so their small population is spread over a larger area.

The (more) dense population in UK will account for the larger ease of spread.

Sweden has a low population density of 22 inhabitants per square kilometre

UK is the 21st-most populated country in the world. Its overall population density is 259 people per square kilometre

What point are you trying to make?

You keep appearing to suggest that the lockdown was not required and when questioned state that you are all for the lockdown to continue.

Your two posts above seem to hint that Ferguson got it completely wrong on 4 previous occasions and, therefore, is wrong again with Covid

My post was updated after you replied that gives information on urbanisation and density in the capital cities.

Back