• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

there was still nearly 200 ppl more admitted in London than the midlands yesterday

The more honest and accurate the data is, the worse it looks.
Better off lieing about it lol.

Managed to get myself booked in for a drive-through test in Stoke today - took all day of F5'ing until a load of new options showed up at around 10 last night.

"By March 12 a full-scale outbreak had taken hold in Italy and the illness was spreading across Europe. More than 1000 Italians had already died and thousands more were gravely ill in packed hospitals in the country's hard-hit north. The deadly potential of an invisible killer was becoming more obvious by the hour."

France saying its first case was in December not January,a man was admitted to hospital for pneumonia,treated and released,swabs taken from him at the time have since been tested and shown positive for coronavirus.
His wife works at a supermarket near Charles de Gaulle airport,and they think she caught it off passengers,as they often turn up at the supermarket still with suitcases,but was asymptomatic and passed it to her husband.
It's on the bbc website,I would link it,but I'm a bit of a tech Luddite

The more honest and accurate the data is, the worse it looks.
Better off lieing about it lol.

Sorted on deaths per million worldwide

789fc63339f820d147fb43478a534eb5.jpg

Sorted on total deaths worldwide

f6ab29db9c594b7f73b8073fdf348676.jpg

SPI-B background papers :
The role of behavioural science in the coronavirus outbreak. 14th March 2020

The use of social and behavioural interventions

• The group was asked to consider several possible behavioural and social interventions.
• These included: stopping large events (‘mass gatherings’), school closures, isolation of
people with symptoms, isolation of people with symptoms and also their households,
general social distancing, and lengthy social distancing for people in at-risk groups.

• Specific points about each of the interventions were also provided. These included a likely
high level of public support for the cancellation of mass gatherings or general social
distancing and the fact that isolation of symptomatic cases is likely to make intuitive sense to
many people

better late, than never, I suppose?

ONS Statement
" The UK now has the highest death toll in Europe from coronavirus after new official figures revealed that more than 32,000 people have died from the virus."

"The Office for National Statistics said 29,648 deaths had taken place by 27 April in England and Wales with Covid-19 mentioned in death certificates.

With the addition of deaths in Scotland and Northern Ireland, this takes the UK’s death toll to 32,313, according to calculations by Reuters.

This figure far exceeds the death toll of 29,029 in Italy – until now Europe’s worst-hit country. Italy’s total does not include suspected cases."

So who are we believing then DHSC, the ONS or the graphs Elephant Pyjamas posted (Sorry don't know the source )??

EPs graphs are quoting the official government figure of 28,734 from yesterday.

So who are we believing then DHSC, the ONS or the graphs Elephant Pyjamas posted (Sorry don't know the source )??

The DHSC figures were produced yesterday, before the ONS figures published this morning.

I'm sure the DHSC will revise their numbers and add the extra 11% and bring their numbers in to line with the ONS numbers which are more accurate and up to last Monday.

The number of excess deaths in the week ending 24 April is still the second highest since records began in 1993.

Over the last five weeks where data has been recorded, there have been around 42,000 deaths above average in the UK.

Back