• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

and both are stating the same figures in line with the officially announced numbers yesterday

Virgin Atlantic announce 3.5k of redundancies (roughly a quarter of staff).
All 747s to be phased out and Gatwick to be closed.

Wolverhampton markets are to reopen. I mean, it's not like a market place is a known breeding ground for this deadly fucking virus or anything. Or, like, at least the Midlands isn't a Covid-19 hot-spot. But, I suppose, at least like there aren't many old and vulnerable people at the markets and stuff.

Virgin Atlantic announce 3.5k of redundancies (roughly a quarter of staff).
All 747s to be phased out and Gatwick to be closed.

Flown out of Gatwick with Virgin on a 747 a couple of times when we could afford things like holidays in Barbados. I'd take a weekend in Barmouth now.

Flown out of Gatwick with Virgin on a 747 a couple of times when we could afford things like holidays in Barbados. I'd take a weekend in Barmouth now.

As I have rarely left the boundary of my property for umpteen weeks I would gladly drive anywhere for any reason :)

I didn't realise Virgin had many 747s left since the Dreamliner came out, unless they didn't fly out of Manchester ?

It was definitely a 747 on the Barbados route. They seemed to have 747 one day, dreamliner the next so it may be that only one 747 was involved and in constant rotation.

Can heartily recommend not having a test. Gagging like a 13 year old downing 20/20 for the throat swab and having my brain poked out my nose for the second swab.

So my mortal fear of choking would not hold me in good stead then ?

Can heartily recommend not having a test. Gagging like a 13 year old downing 20/20 for the throat swab and having my brain poked out my nose for the second swab.

Any idea if the home tests that have been sent out are a different procedure? Saw a video on Twitter the other day and it looked a bit much for someone to sort out themselves at home.

Any idea if the home tests that have been sent out are a different procedure? Saw a video on Twitter the other day and it looked a bit much for someone to sort out themselves at home.

They are the same. There was an Doctor on TV the other day saying the majority of home tests will be useless as most won't be able to do it properly or just won't do it.

Watching Last Week Tonight and they showed a clip of someone describing the tests and the brain being poked out bit was very much her take on it

To be fair its not that difficult to do - I went to an army drive through and its DIY in your car while you're there. You do need to read the instructions very carefully. The nose swab wasn;t that hard as it said only insert around an inch until you feel some resistance - I really struggled with the throat one, good job I hadn't eaten beforehand (just to make it extra yucky its the same swab - down your throat and then up your nose).

If you are not that comfortable carefully following instructions I can see it being a little difficult.

They are the same. There was an Doctor on TV the other day saying the majority of home tests will be useless as most won't be able to do it properly or just won't do it.

But the important thing is they've been sent out

From the BBC

The UK government's daily briefing is due to start in just over five minutes.
While we wait, why not have a look at what might have been as celebrities dress up for the cancelled Met Ball event.

Just what I want to see to be honest, how did you get the tone so right on this one. 32000+ deaths but Celebs dressing up at home...WINNER

Boris really can't be arsed with these can he. Not there again today, it's the Shit Patrick Bateman.

Missed the 100k target again yesterday, almost like they bullshitted through the numbers last week to hit it once.

Back