• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Are you ok Paul? I mean going back to a post from over 2 months ago to edit it isn't overly normal behaviour really?

Why do you always do this?

It really isn't a good look and I know you're not this much of a tool in the pub.

Deaths going in the right direction

Testing numbers predictably below 100k

The definition of what constitutes a test for the purposes of reporting numbers is is getting more and more ludicrous by the day, now including samples that are tested more than once, twice or God knows how many times.

"For serology testing (Pillar 4), some protocols allow for samples to be tested repeatedly."

Why do you always do this?

It really isn't a good look and I know you're not this much of a tool in the pub.
Always do what?

To clarify, I did find it weird that Paul edited a post months after he'd written it. It was a genuine question, then he went all odd and defensive, talking about class and stuff? I have no idea what he is talking about, do you?

And yes, as I pointed out I find it interesting that there is a correlation between the people who were then saying the press were blowing it out of proportion are still criticising the media now - I'd include you in that obviously.

The definition of what constitutes a test for the purposes of reporting numbers is is getting more and more ludicrous by the day, now including samples that are tested more than once, twice or God knows how many times.

"For serology testing (Pillar 4), some protocols allow for samples to be tested repeatedly."

So one antibody test could be done twice?

Bonkers

Another question, why are the amount of people in London ICUs decreasing faster than any other part of the country? To the point where they've dropped below the Midlands

Another question, why are the amount of people in London ICUs decreasing faster than any other part of the country? To the point where they've dropped below the Midlands

People in London caught it earlier and are now recovering or dying?

Given we built 6 new ICU Hospitals that apparently can't be used for anything other than treating CV-19 I don't trust the ICU percentages which is 30% capacity across the country.
There's also the small matter of over 20,000 patients, presumably a large number having occupied ICU beds having died.

London is supposed to be a few days ahead of the rest of the country in terms of first patients admitted, the number of patients in hospital with CV-19 across the nation are

3/5/2020 North West 2065
3/5/2020 London 2000
3/5/2020 N.E & Yorkshire 1807
3/5/2020 Midlands 1802
3/5/2020 South East 1307
3/5/2020 East 1045
3/5/2020 South West 514

Despite being 13 days behind the point the worst hit European country Italy recorded 50 or more cumulative deaths, we have suffered only 150 less deaths than them, 28884 and 28734 respectively.

The latest piece of transparency regarding how daily test are calculated is

"For clinical reasons some people are tested more than once. Therefore the number of tests completed may be higher than the number of people tested.

For serology testing (Pillar 4), some protocols allow for samples to be tested repeatedly.

Samples are anonymised prior to sending to the lab for testing, therefore the identification of individuals tested is not possible in the current reporting process, and so the number of people tested is not reported.

Daily totals reflect actual counts reported for the previous day. Each day there may be corrections to previous reported figures. This means that previously published daily counts will not necessarily sum to the latest cumulative figure. It also means that today’s cumulative count may not match the previous day’s cumulative count plus today’s daily count.
The number of tests includes; (i) tests processed through our labs, and (ii) tests sent to individuals at home or to satellite testing locations."

I've read articles suggesting that Northern Italy/Lombardy was experiencing a strange 'flu like' illness back in the Autumn

Yeah I was in Milan and elsewhere in Italy at the end of October and had most of the symptoms not long after. Wife then got it and she was worse. Don't know for certain obviously, but am suspicious.

Always do what?

To clarify, I did find it weird that Paul edited a post months after he'd written it. It was a genuine question, then he went all odd and defensive, talking about class and stuff? I have no idea what he is talking about, do you?

And yes, as I pointed out I find it interesting that there is a correlation between the people who were then saying the press were blowing it out of proportion are still criticising the media now - I'd include you in that obviously.

Like I said you're not this much of a tool in the pub.

Yeah I was in Milan and elsewhere in Italy at the end of October and had most of the symptoms not long after. Wife then got it and she was worse. Don't know for certain obviously, but am suspicious.

We spent New Year in London and we commented at the time that the 2 nationalities we saw the most of was Chinese and Italians

People in London caught it earlier and are now recovering or dying?

I was thinking that but their admission rates were far higher than other regions once we started tracking. This suggests to me that they've got at least as many 'new' patients as everyone else.

Given we built 6 new ICU Hospitals that apparently can't be used for anything other than treating CV-19 I don't trust the ICU percentages which is 30% capacity across the country.
There's also the small matter of over 20,000 patients, presumably a large number having occupied ICU beds having died.

London is supposed to be a few days ahead of the rest of the country in terms of first patients admitted, the number of patients in hospital with CV-19 across the nation are

3/5/2020 North West 2065
3/5/2020 London 2000
3/5/2020 N.E & Yorkshire 1807
3/5/2020 Midlands 1802
3/5/2020 South East 1307
3/5/2020 East 1045
3/5/2020 South West 514

Despite being 13 days behind the point the worst hit European country Italy recorded 50 or more cumulative deaths, we have suffered only 150 less deaths than them, 28884 and 28734 respectively.

The latest piece of transparency regarding how daily test are calculated is

"For clinical reasons some people are tested more than once. Therefore the number of tests completed may be higher than the number of people tested.

For serology testing (Pillar 4), some protocols allow for samples to be tested repeatedly.

Samples are anonymised prior to sending to the lab for testing, therefore the identification of individuals tested is not possible in the current reporting process, and so the number of people tested is not reported.

Daily totals reflect actual counts reported for the previous day. Each day there may be corrections to previous reported figures. This means that previously published daily counts will not necessarily sum to the latest cumulative figure. It also means that today’s cumulative count may not match the previous day’s cumulative count plus today’s daily count.
The number of tests includes; (i) tests processed through our labs, and (ii) tests sent to individuals at home or to satellite testing locations."

When you adjust for population counts London clearly has fewer patients per capita than the rest of the country

Why though?

Good question.

If you run through it logically

1) London didn't lockdown before anyone else and had significantly more infections that the rest of the country. Their rates of admission should be higher

2) The amount of people in ICU is the existing people plus the new people minus the dead / recovered people.

I'm assuming people aren't either more prone to dying or recovering quicker in London than they would be elsewhere, or at least, not to a level that's statistically significant

Back