• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I heard a brilliant quote which I think describes it perfectly

We're all in the same storm, but we're in different boats

And Philip Green is in a rather nice Yacht and no doubt doing very well from online sales.

I tend to look at the WHO and think what the fuck is going on there but what I find disillusioning is the approach from the media and the numerous lines of information that gets propogated through social media. Result - mass panic and hysteria. It's difficult to know where to look, who to believe and more importantly who to trust. I think it's always healthy to question the official line but in the days of unknowns it sets off bonfires everywhere.

Yep, not disagreeing with you

If they don't maintain this level of capacity is where I'll get more annoyed

"Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove begins the briefing by confirming that 76,496 coronavirus tests were carried out in the 24 hours to 9am this morning."

We are a day, maybe 2 away from recording the worst number of deaths in Europe.

"I know there will be many people looking now at our current success ...."

315 deaths today.

A promising fall.
6004d56355702882eddf97d8f5e79ffc.jpg

Sundays and mondays always lower than the rest of the week, but that's a lot lower especially with outside NHS included.

315 deaths today.

A promising fall.

Sundays and mondays always lower than the rest of the week, but that's a lot lower especially with outside NHS included.

sorry, I misread that as fail

Last 3 weeks

Saturday 1115
Sunday 498
Tuesday 1172

Saturday 843
Sunday 420
Tuesday 909

Yesterday 621
Today 315
Tuesday?

"Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove begins the briefing by confirming that 76,496 coronavirus tests were carried out in the 24 hours to 9am this morning."

We are a day, maybe 2 away from recording the worst number of deaths in Europe.

"I know there will be many people looking now at our current success ...."

Sunday's are fair enough to be lower

If it's below 100k tomorrow they need a bollocking

4 deaths in Wombourne.

Someone taken away last night from 6 houses up that doesn't look very hopeful, by all accounts.

Sorry guys I'm late to the party where's the link for this local data you're getting?

so, it looks like a lot of 9-5's will be back at work in a week,will the supermarkets still be as strict with distancing etc?
Imagine all the folks who are back working only being able to get a shop on a weekend or late night... supermarket queue's will be utterly ridiculous.

so, it looks like a lot of 9-5's will be back at work in a week,will the supermarkets still be as strict with distancing etc?
Imagine all the folks who are back working only being able to get a shop on a weekend or late night... supermarket queue's will be utterly ridiculous.

I don't think it will be all 9-5's back to work as work place social distancing is near impossible for some places.

I spoke to HMRC a week or so ago and once I'd got through to a person (that wasn't an abject moron who didn't give a toss) they were working from home, less stressed and able to resolve problems quicker without management giving them arduous tasks as well as their work. She said she missed her colleagues but said that was something she could live with in the future.

I wonder if all call centres should be like that. There are examples all over different industries to argue that going into an office everyday is a total waste of time and money and eventually counter productive.

I don't think it will be all 9-5's back to work as work place social distancing is near impossible for some places.

I spoke to HMRC a week or so ago and once I'd got through to a person (that wasn't an abject moron who didn't give a toss) they were working from home, less stressed and able to resolve problems quicker without management giving them arduous tasks as well as their work. She said she missed her colleagues but said that was something she could live with in the future.

I wonder if all call centres should be like that. There are examples all over different industries to argue that going into an office everyday is a total waste of time and money and eventually counter productive.
Plus the positive impact on air pollution shouldn't go unnoticed.

FAKE NEWS

It was an eye opening experience.

The lady I spoke to explained that most people only get to level 1 (abject morons) often give up, get hung up on or passed to a technical service not fit for purpose. The particular moron decided not to do any of that and instead passed me onto level 2 which was this good person and she walked me through exactly what I needed, from her stress free back garden.

I felt like I'd discovered a new Utopian level in an Elder scrolls game (a bit like Paddy learning the controllz properly)

Plus the positive impact on air pollution shouldn't go unnoticed.

I have enjoyed less traffic and better air quality. As an aside I wouldn't mind if a few airlines went under (jobless folk withstanding) and we kept the air quality as it is now.

Pretty much our experience. No-one has a 90-minute commute or a long drive home after having to work late, all the things we thought we missed like the camaraderie, face-to-face chat, easy collaboration are simple to manage online. It's difficult to measure the impact on productivity as work coming in is well below normal levels but itith appear that people would be just as efficient. If we did this long-term, we'd have no expensive rent, rates, utilities etc.
With a bit more investment in technology, I see this could easily work on a permanent basis.

Pretty much our experience. No-one has a 90-minute commute or a long drive home after having to work late, all the things we thought we missed like the camaraderie, face-to-face chat, easy collaboration are simple to manage online. It's difficult to measure the impact on productivity as work coming in is well below normal levels but itith appear that people would be just as efficient. If we did this long-term, we'd have no expensive rent, rates, utilities etc.
With a bit more investment in technology, I see this could easily work on a permanent basis.

We are already saying that the lockdown has proved that the technology works, and that the company way of working when it ends will involve more home working and less international travel. OK, we are a big company and the investment required is less of an issue than for others.

Just got back from walking the dog round the park and for second time in 3 days I've caught someone spitting. Is it just me or is this the most disgusting thing to do during this time?

Just got back from walking the dog round the park and for second time in 3 days I've caught someone spitting. Is it just me or is this the most disgusting thing to do during this time?

At any time !!

Back