• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

some hacks, red top and daily mail journo's maybe.

sending out 30k test by mail is not the same as completing 30k tests, no matter if you changed the definition of what constitutes a test after you've said what your target is

I tell you, it did quite throw me earlier when I realised that tomorrow is eight weeks since the Brighton game. So barring Zoom/WhatsApp, that is the last time I saw any friends or family. Eight weeks!

I've gone longer than that with family when I lived in Hamburg obviously but like literally no-one other than shop staff and delivery people for that length of time. It's surreal when you think of it. (Edit: Thinking about it, I got to shout hello to some pensioners and a couple of pregnant women when I was delivering stuff for the church, but that seems to have faded out over the last couple of weeks)

I've not spoken so much on the phone in a personal capacity for 20 odd years, since it was landlines, payphones and nothing else.

Obviously slightly different for those of you who co-habit and/or have kids at home but even so it's a crazy state of affairs.

I tell you, it did quite throw me earlier when I realised that tomorrow is eight weeks since the Brighton game. So barring Zoom/WhatsApp, that is the last time I saw any friends or family. Eight weeks!

I've gone longer than that with family when I lived in Hamburg obviously but like literally no-one other than shop staff and delivery people for that length of time. It's surreal when you think of it. (Edit: Thinking about it, I got to shout hello to some pensioners and a couple of pregnant women when I was delivering stuff for the church, but that seems to have faded out over the last couple of weeks)

I've not spoken so much on the phone in a personal capacity for 20 odd years, since it was landlines, payphones and nothing else.

Obviously slightly different for those of you who co-habit and/or have kids at home but even so it's a crazy state of affairs.

It was the mum in laws 60th yesterday so we had a video party between Donegal Dublin and here, 4 houses, 9 adults and 2 kids. It was a lot of fun, we all ordered a Chinese, each house bought a chocolate cake we sat drinking, eating and drinking and talking/family bantering for a few hours which was fun but it didn't make up for not having been able to be there. The Mrs aunt got out of Dublin and went to stay with her parents just before lockdown and they were already 2 bottles of fizz down by the time we convened which made for much hilarity. We all speak on a much more regular basis at the moment which is one good thing that's come out of all this I suppose.

I heard a brilliant quote which I think describes it perfectly

We're all in the same storm, but we're in different boats

Testing Reality

There's a link to the .Gov.uk webpages where the definitions and data come from at the bottom.

In the interest of clarity and transparency I thought it important to include data and definitions in the level of detail I have, rather than just say the Government hasn't so much as hoodwinked us all and is lying through it's teeth as become divorced from the truth and lost custody of whatever honesty it wasn’t already estranged from.

Feel free to defend this as you see fit, it’s straight from the Government's own mouth using their facts and figures. It’s clearly your own fault if you didn’t bother to check any of this easy to find section of their website to see if the Government had moved the goalposts 4 days after Matt Hancock announced his 100,000 tests a day target.<sarcastic face>

As of 5pm on 30 April, of those who tested positive for coronavirus in the UK, 27,510 have died. This new figure includes deaths in all settings, not just in hospitals. The equivalent figure under the old measure would have been 23,229.

Our testing strategy has five pillars

The first pillar is boosting swab testing – testing to find out if you have the virus – by PHE and NHS labs for patients and frontline workers in the NHS
The second pillar is the creation of brand-new swab testing capacity delivered by commercial partners.
The third pillar is antibody tests, which are designed to detect if people have had the virus and are now immune.
The fourth pillar is surveillance testing to learn more about the disease and help develop new tests and treatments
The fifth pillar is the most ambitious. Just as our top end manufacturers have joined the national effort to build ventilators, so our life sciences companies will do the same for testing. UK pharmaceutical giants which do not have a tradition of diagnostics, are now working with our world leading but smaller diagnostics companies, to build a British diagnostics industry at scale. This new national effort for testing will ensure we can get tests for everyone who needs them.

As of 9am on 1 May, there have been 1,023,824 tests, with 122,347 tests on 30 April.
The number of tests includes tests processed through our labs and tests sent to individuals at home or to satellite testing locations.

Tests 30/04/2020
122,347 Tests
73,191 People tested

Pillar 1 39,753
Pillar 2 79,522
Pillar 4 3,072

Pillar 2: swab testing for health, social care and other essential workers and their households

Pillar 2 breakdown of test types

In-person routes 39,153
Delivery routes 40,369
Total tests 79,522
-Delivery routes 40,369
Total tests 39,153
People tested (Govt Official total 73,191 - Delivery routes 40,369) 32,822 (33,455 people tested 29/04/2020)

Actual Tests 30/04/2020
People tested 32,822 (73,191) (33,455 people tested 29/04/2020)
Pillar 1 39,753 (39,753)
Pillar 2 39,153 (79,522)
Pillar 4 3,072 (3,072)

Total Actual Tests 81,978 vs Declared Government Total Tests 122,347 (81,611 Declared Government Total Tests 29/04/2020)

scaling up our coronavirus covid-19 testing programmes

Testing Reality

There's a link to the .Gov.uk webpages where the definitions and data come from at the bottom.

In the interest of clarity and transparency I thought it important to include data and definitions in the level of detail I have, rather than just say the Government hasn't so much as hoodwinked us all and is lying through it's teeth as become divorced from the truth and lost custody of whatever honesty it wasn’t already estranged from.

Feel free to defend this as you see fit, it’s straight from the Government's own mouth using their facts and figures. It’s clearly your own fault if you didn’t bother to check any of this easy to find section of their website to see if the Government had moved the goalposts 4 days after Matt Hancock announced his 100,000 tests a day target.<sarcastic face>

As of 5pm on 30 April, of those who tested positive for coronavirus in the UK, 27,510 have died. This new figure includes deaths in all settings, not just in hospitals. The equivalent figure under the old measure would have been 23,229.

Our testing strategy has five pillars

The first pillar is boosting swab testing – testing to find out if you have the virus – by PHE and NHS labs for patients and frontline workers in the NHS
The second pillar is the creation of brand-new swab testing capacity delivered by commercial partners.
The third pillar is antibody tests, which are designed to detect if people have had the virus and are now immune.
The fourth pillar is surveillance testing to learn more about the disease and help develop new tests and treatments
The fifth pillar is the most ambitious. Just as our top end manufacturers have joined the national effort to build ventilators, so our life sciences companies will do the same for testing. UK pharmaceutical giants which do not have a tradition of diagnostics, are now working with our world leading but smaller diagnostics companies, to build a British diagnostics industry at scale. This new national effort for testing will ensure we can get tests for everyone who needs them.

As of 9am on 1 May, there have been 1,023,824 tests, with 122,347 tests on 30 April.
The number of tests includes tests processed through our labs and tests sent to individuals at home or to satellite testing locations.

Tests 30/04/2020
122,347 Tests
73,191 People tested

Pillar 1 39,753
Pillar 2 79,522
Pillar 4 3,072

Pillar 2: swab testing for health, social care and other essential workers and their households

Pillar 2 breakdown of test types

In-person routes 39,153
Delivery routes 40,369
Total tests 79,522
-Delivery routes 40,369
Total tests 39,153
People tested (Govt Official total 73,191 - Delivery routes 40,369) 32,822 (33,455 people tested 29/04/2020)

Actual Tests 30/04/2020
People tested 32,822 (73,191) (33,455 people tested 29/04/2020)
Pillar 1 39,753 (39,753)
Pillar 2 39,153 (79,522)
Pillar 4 3,072 (3,072)

Total Actual Tests 81,978 vs Declared Government Total Tests 122,347 (81,611 Declared Government Total Tests 29/04/2020)

scaling up our coronavirus covid-19 testing programmes

I can't work out how many of the tests under the delivery route have delivered results back, is it the 32k figure or is it fuck all?

I can't work out how many of the tests under the delivery route have delivered results back, is it the 32k figure or is it fuck all?

Those are the tests that have been requested and sent out that are now included as 'tests' in the official Government figures as opposed to the in-person tests that have actually taken place.

Hancock wasn't lying, they haven't 'suddenly' changed the criteria since, they just didn't make it widely known that the criteria was changed in early April.

I watched a video by a journalist almost 3 weeks ago who pretty much predicted that this is how it would pan out, that the Government would widen the criteria for who could have a test and, hold back on making it possible for them to order one until the the last minute creating a massive surge that would take them over 100k and then hail their magnificent victory.

Those are the tests that have been requested and sent out that are now included as 'tests' in the official Government figures as opposed to the in-person tests that have actually taken place.

Hancock wasn't lying, they haven't 'suddenly' changed the criteria since, they just didn't make it widely known that the criteria was changed in early April.

I watched a video by a journalist almost 3 weeks ago who pretty much predicted that this is how it would pan out, that the Government would widen the criteria for who could have a test and, hold back on making it possible for them to order one until the the last minute creating a massive surge that would take them over 100k and then hail their magnificent victory.

I understand that, I'm interested if any of the results from the delivered tests have come back yet, I guess not

As long as they maintain the level I'm honestly not that fussed if it happens last week or next week. How they've gone about it doesn't change my opinion of the conservative party - I'm passed caring

I understand that, I'm interested if any of the results from the delivered tests have come back yet, I guess not

As long as they maintain the level I'm honestly not that fussed if it happens last week or next week. How they've gone about it doesn't change my opinion of the conservative party - I'm passed caring

If you previously only accepted attendance to an event as having happened once you've scanned a ticket, it's slightly dubious to have an about face and start counting all the invites you sent out as attendees and not make that clear when you tell the world you have a record breaking gate.

If you previously only accepted attendance to an event as having happened once you've scanned a ticket, it's slightly dubious to have an about face and start counting all the invites you sent out as attendees and not make that clear when you tell the world you have a record breaking gate.

Yep, not disagreeing with you

If they don't maintain this level of capacity is where I'll get more annoyed

Not that fussed about the way they have counted the tests (as long as they only do it once & not once out & then again when they come back) - the number isn't the real issue (and the 100000 was/is a PR exercise).

Whether they did 90000,100000 or 110000 on thursday is immaterial the numbers have been massively improved (though there are questions to be answered whether enough was done as early as it could have been & whether all potential resources were used).

Does need to continue to improve & proper tracking needs to be put in place sooner rather than later.

This is interesting, let’s you know how many have died in your ward. Only one where we are (which is a very big area geographically at least)
Only 1 by us, by 5 round the corner in Heath Hayes. but they do have an old peoples home so you never know

I’m with Parkin re the test numbers. I’m glad the capacity is there just a pity they couldn’t just be honest. I think the numbers will fall in the coming days. How many people out there can think that they have the disease? If it’s 100k a day we should be worried that it’s still out there in significant numbers.

Only 1 by us, by 5 round the corner in Heath Hayes. but they do have an old peoples home so you never know

Is there a site showing the numbers more locally as I just see counties and cities.

Edit. Ignore me I can see it’s above.

Can I put that in my signature?

I think DW was paying you a compliment

Why would you put that in a signature?

Think Deutschy is a very good read - knows his football and I like the humour. Just saying not to put pressure on himself.

Back