• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Isn't that total excess deaths though? So not all within those numbers will have died with coronavirus.

Yep, although you can argue direct and indirect cause being covid19

I'd back this figure to be nearer than the govts figure though

I'm sure the fact that excess deaths are far higher than the Government figures based on people who tested positive for CV-19 at a time when the testing is widely accepted to have been inadequate has nothing to do with the fact there was a global pandemic happening at the time. Probably a batch of dodgy spam or luncheon meat. Inverted pyramid of piffle, clearly.

Yep, although you can argue direct and indirect cause being covid19

I'd back this figure to be nearer than the govts figure though
Oh there will certainly be some that are as a result of coronavirus, where it's limited NHS resources for other treatments and such. I wouldn't think you'd want to pool all that together though, it's too simplistic for me and muddies the waters. It's bad enough that there isn't enough testing to get a real idea of how prevalent the illness really is, never mind skyrocketing the mortality with a bunch of other deaths which aren't directly attributable.

Oh there will certainly be some that are as a result of coronavirus, where it's limited NHS resources for other treatments and such. I wouldn't think you'd want to pool all that together though, it's too simplistic for me and muddies the waters. It's bad enough that there isn't enough testing to get a real idea of how prevalent the illness really is, never mind skyrocketing the mortality with a bunch of other deaths which aren't directly attributable.

I have no clue what the ratio would be, I feel though that most excess deaths would be due to covid19

Wetherspoons targeting reopening late June.

Getting ahead of themselves a bit aren't they!

This paper shows an IFR of 0.082% for 17-70 year olds

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.24.20075291v1

We've known for a while that covid19 is more dangerous for specific groups and this is saying the same.

I hope the govts new testing strategy is a nod towards recognising this, however, it does not make up the lack of action around care homes in general.

I feel the strategy should be around protecting the vulnerable groups whilst letting the rest of society carry on. Lockdown has done that but now is the time to be smarter about what we do

We ain’t opening anything for a good while.
2525688663612ba6a4959bceacba9757.jpg

Wetherspoons targeting reopening late June.

Getting ahead of themselves a bit aren't they!

Tim Brexit can fuck off.

Also, if that cunt's place was the only pub in town I would stick with staying in with beer from Morrisons. Forever if needs be.

So the World Health Organisation can be trusted now?

Led by Dr Alasdair Munro, a clinical research fellow in paediatric infectious diseases, the study's research concluded: "Covid-19 appears to affect children less often, and with less severity, including frequent asymptomatic or sub-clinical infection. There is evidence of critical illness, but it is rare. The role of children in transmission is unclear, but it seems likely they do not play a significant role."

"It has been reported that over the last 3 weeks there has been an apparent rise in the number of children of all ages presenting with multi system inflammatory state requiring intensive care across London and also in other regions of the UK

There is a growing concern that SARS- Cov-2 related inflammatory syndrome is emerging in children in the UK and there may be an as yet unidentified infectious pathogen associated with these cases."

children.jpg

Scientists have cautioned against the reopening of schools after new findings suggested children could be as infectious as adults.

scientists caution against reopening schools

They advise against it but can't produce any evidence of it happening.

The report yesterday had a demonstrable case of a child with covid19 not being contagious.

My head is in the "kids aren't infectious stage" right now.

They advise against it but can't produce any evidence of it happening.

The report yesterday had a demonstrable case of a child with covid19 not being contagious.

My head is in the "kids aren't infectious stage" right now.

I just think it's far too early for them to make statements llike that given how hit and miss the testing can be

I just think it's far too early for them to make statements llike that given how hit and miss the testing can be

Until evidence comes out of kids being infectious I'll stick with my current view, which is based on the evidence available

Scientists have cautioned against the reopening of schools after new findings suggested children could be as infectious as adults.

scientists caution against reopening schools

It says : " Unicef’s views were echoed by the UK’s Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC), which issued a stern warning that GCSE and A-level grade assessments this summer should not unfairly penalise children from minority ethnic backgrounds, as well as disabled pupils and those with special educational needs "

How can you unfairly assess a pupil if you are going by the work already produced (on merit) in a standardised assessment?

Are you treated differently if you fall within certain labels? Not only is this condescending to teachers it assumes they are institutionally prejudiced when it comes to assessing grades.

Back