• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

The Venn Diagram of those staunchly defending the Government and having a Union Jack and a slogan such as taking back control or making Britain great again in their Bio has a massive overlap.

That's a bit naughty isn't it, by that logic the Op of the tweet is a Chelsea fan and has a Union Jack logo and Make Britain great again, so are all football fans Tories or EDL ??

That's a bit naughty isn't it, by that logic the Op of the tweet is a Chelsea fan and has a Union Jack logo and Make Britain great again, so are all football fans Tories or EDL ??

What an absolute load of guff.

The government aren't above criticism and they have been muddling through this with mistakes made without a doubt and it is right that we question this.

I do feel that they have done things right though and that tends to get lost as the focus will always be on what we can see is wrong, especially in a situation like this where it is being micro-analysed by everyone

As for the Jennifer Saunders thing, I used to follow her page on Facebook but deleted it after it stopped posting stuff from her and went way more right wing than I was comfortable with.

I think they're in a fairly invidious situation with the private nursing home sector PPE situation. Give them PPE equipment and get tarred for not giving it to the NHS, sell it to them and get accused of trying to profit from the crisis, give it to them at cost and get accused of looking after businesses before tax payers and so on.

From the BBC Live Page.

The number of people killed by coronavirus in London in the four weeks to 17 April has surpassed the number of civilians killed during the worst four-week period of aerial bombing of the city during the Blitz in World War Two, BBC Reality Check has found.

"Do you think each of the following have done a good job or a bad job at holding the government to account over how it has responded to the coronavirus?"

[Keir Starmer]
Good: 24%
Bad: 20%

[Piers Morgan]
Good: 29%
Bad: 24%

Via Ipsos MORI, 24-27 April

"A total of 26,097 people have died with coronavirus in the UK from 2 March to 28 April.

For the first time, the UK-wide figure includes deaths in care homes and the community as well as hospitals.

The deaths counted are people who died after testing positive for the virus.

Public Health England has now reported an additional 3,811 deaths in England since the start of the coronavirus outbreak. Of these, around 70% were outside hospital settings and around 30% were in hospital."

So just 3811 deaths outside of hospitals from CV have occurred?

And yet?

0e86a464cf66fdc55ff1683e77114381.jpg

"there has been a "slightly worrying" increase in road traffic, with the largest uptick since 23 March. Everyone needs to be vigilant"

Have they considered that more places have opened for work and peopel kind of need to get there if their bosses tell them to do so. Also, shops such as B&Q have opened so people are travelling there.

This isn't a shock figure really so not sure why they are pretending it is. Surely the time to be worried is when public transport usage increases.

So just 3811 deaths outside of hospitals from CV have occurred?

And yet?

0e86a464cf66fdc55ff1683e77114381.jpg

"For the first time, the UK-wide figure includes deaths in care homes and the community as well as hospitals.

The deaths counted are people who died after testing positive for the virus"

I'd be interested to see some road transport figures on a daily basis that also indicate the peak temperature for each of those days as well.

I can only comment on what I see in my area, which is a very noticeable increase in the need to make ' essential ' journeys when the sun is out than when its raining

Anyone else questioning the value of these daily conferences? Same thing every day: When can we end the lockdown? When will schools open? They've answered already. The position won't have changed in the last 24 hours. Use the time to grill them on PPE and being generally shit not asking pointless questions you know the answer to.

Back