• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

They were there for if it went into a total disaster area. Seems like we might have just about avoided that for now. Let's see what happens with a phased opening in the summer and autumn and especially when we hit the early winter and a standard flu season.

Sorry, yes, this is what I meant rather than anything else

Better to have and not need etc

Is anyone actually better off since the lockdown started?

Not better, but not worse either - better off than most as my income is secure from pensions & theres nowhere open to spend it anyway.

Opening up is possible for some as there as are outlets/trades that can seperate off customers in the same way that the supermarkets have so no reason why they shouldn't do so with restrictions.

Media beginning to fuck me off right now. All going with "Boris won't relax the lockdown" as if he was expected to return to work today and say "fuck it folks, get back out there"

The angle they are taking right now is try and get people wound up and start demanding the lockdown to be ended. Think they want to start reporting on protests and riots as talking about high levels of death is boring them.

Media beginning to fuck me off right now. All going with "Boris won't relax the lockdown" as if he was expected to return to work today and say "fuck it folks, get back out there"

The angle they are taking right now is try and get people wound up and start demanding the lockdown to be ended. Think they want to start reporting on protests and riots as talking about high levels of death is boring them.

Correct.
Only seems to be the attitude in the UK.

So lockdown in Ireland is to be extended beyond 5th May for another fortnight until 19th May.

And we all received an email from work this morning to advise that we will not return to the office until June 1st at the earliest. I can see it being later than that too.

I imagine the UK will do something very similar.

The number of overall deaths in care homes for Week 16 was 7,316; this is 2,389 higher than Week 15, almost double the number in Week 14 and almost triple the number in Week 13.

So lockdown in Ireland is to be extended beyond 5th May for another fortnight until 19th May.

And we all received an email from work this morning to advise that we will not return to the office until June 1st at the earliest. I can see it being later than that too.

Hope not - wife and I have a fortnight's walking holiday around Cork and Kerry in early July.

Looks like small lifting of restrictions on some people, people who work outside in construction, gardening etc will be allowed back to work.

Numbers still to high for their liking at the moment, has levelled off but number of new cases not dropping, still bumping along at 2-4% a day.

Looks like small lifting of restrictions on some people, people who work outside in construction, gardening etc will be allowed back to work.

Numbers still to high for their liking at the moment, has levelled off but number of new cases not dropping, still bumping along at 2-4% a day.

A couple of days ago the Mrs. Dr. kid brother said it had been a good day, as it was the first day no one on his ward had died of Coronavirus since he'd been there.

Numbers are still far too high - detected cases, modelled cases, and deaths - for any serious lockdown relaxation yet.

Looks like Germany is starting to struggle with the lockdown paradox, too. They did too good a job for the first wave, it's generated complacency (and a sense that "well, the hospitals have handled it so far, so we can surely handle reopening the economy if this is what the peak looks like"-type thinking), and authorities there are worried about new spikes in cases starting to appear already. Going to be really, really hard for governments to manage easing lockdowns without undoing all the work so far.

Numbers are still far too high - detected cases, modelled cases, and deaths - for any serious lockdown relaxation yet.

Looks like Germany is starting to struggle with the lockdown paradox, too. They did too good a job for the first wave, it's generated complacency (and a sense that "well, the hospitals have handled it so far, so we can surely handle reopening the economy if this is what the peak looks like"-type thinking), and authorities there are worried about new spikes in cases starting to appear already. Going to be really, really hard for governments to manage easing lockdowns without undoing all the work so far.

Looks like a similar thing might have happened to a few countries in the Far East too, Japan and Singapore both seemed to fair extremely well early on but have then accelerated at a time when most other affected countries are starting to level out.

Yep, Hong Kong got new clusters too.

Found this an interesting read - about how the club scene in China is reopening, and the measures being used to continually suppress resurgences in mass gatherings. Will be very similar for all kinds of other events worldwide, I imagine: https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/72511

Again care homes seem to be the biggest problem, I know from some of the work the Mrs is involved in doing.

"The Covid-19 death toll in England and Wales was 52.9% higher than the daily figures for deaths in hospitals released by the government as of 17 April, according to official data that include deaths in the community.
The Office for National Statistics said it had recorded 21,284 fatalities that mentioned Covid-19 on the death certificate as of 17 April, compared with 13,917 in the daily hospital death stats published by the government."

oh no, they are missing z list, vacuous, fake tanned, fake tittied, big lipped dim wits spiling out of clubs sucking and fucking each other and vice versa.
The amount of "celebs" posting bikini, back garden, look at my house/dog/cat/bbq is fucking nauseating... its fucking killing both of them.

oh no, they are missing z list, vacuous, fake tanned, fake tittied, big lipped dim wits spiling out of clubs sucking and fucking each other and vice versa.
The amount of "celebs" posting bikini, back garden, look at my house/dog/cat/bbq is fucking nauseating... its fucking killing both of them.

Not just the print Media though. BBC and ITV main news going for it as well.

Back