• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

My furlough contract adjustment is clear and unequivocal. Take any paid work anywhere else and your furlough pay is void. Simple as that.

My furlough contract adjustment is clear and unequivocal. Take any paid work anywhere else and your furlough pay is void. Simple as that.

I wouldn't have thought there would be any pay for this given the govt is already paying people, more of a "job rotation" kind of deal

I'm on the same pay but not spending quite as much. Not a great difference but the bank manager will be happy.

I was putting sixty quid a fortnight in the car. I haven't put fuel in the car for nearly a month and still have half a tank left.

I thought there must be something to stop that, are there any clauses that say that you could be required to undertake work at the Govts pleasure, anything like that?

I wouldn't have thought there would be any pay for this given the govt is already paying people, more of a "job rotation" kind of deal

I'm not doing that for free.

I'll deliver medicines and stuff like I volunteered for but I am not interested in being a slave fruit picker.

I thought there must be something to stop that, are there any clauses that say that you could be required to undertake work at the Govts pleasure, anything like that?

NOPE. And it is a totally standard clause straight out of a gardening leave agreement. I wrote loads of those back in the day.

The contract is between the employer and employee and has nothing to do with government. I’m not sure if anyone’s furloughed terms stated that they’d not pay up if the government didn’t. The ones at our place did state that no other employment was allowed.

I'm pretty much the same :)

That's good.
We are about the same.
I'm losing a bit but the wife is getting some extra hours.
I'm well ahead with the garden, tidied the shed out again today.

I have done an enormous amount in the garden, but still so damn much to do out there. I really let it go fallow with being busy at work so it is nice to try and catch that up. Housework tomorrow though looking at the weather forecast.

I'm not doing that for free.

I'll deliver medicines and stuff like I volunteered for but I am not interested in being a slave fruit picker.

You won't be done by it for free, you'll be doing it for amount the govt is paying for furlough, the state has decided you'll be more useful in the fields comrade Paddingtonwolf

I'm on the same pay but not spending quite as much. Not a great difference but the bank manager will be happy.

I was putting sixty quid a fortnight in the car. I haven't put fuel in the car for nearly a month and still have half a tank left.

That's good too. I kind of feel guilty cos we're not really suffering, suppose that can and probably will change in the years ahead.
Still health is the main thing obvs

You won't be done by it for free, you'll be doing it for amount the govt is paying for furlough, the state has decided you'll be more useful in the fields comrade Paddingtonwolf

Sod that. I'll go back to work. I'm only furloughed because there is a shielded person in my household.

I have done an enormous amount in the garden, but still so damn much to do out there. I really let it go fallow with being busy at work so it is nice to try and catch that up. Housework tomorrow though looking at the weather forecast.

Same for me. I can always find more to do. We've got a lot of lawn, I've been cutting an area short today going to try and make an area to play bowls, have just bought some for me and herself, secondhand on ebay. Mad idea. Strange times.

Same for me. I can always find more to do. We've got a lot of lawn, I've been cutting an area short today going to try and make an area to play bowls, have just bought some for me and herself, secondhand on ebay. Mad idea. Strange times.

I have a SUBSTANTIAL area of ground elder to deal with. I fucking hate that stuff. Roots down to the earth's core.

I have a SUBSTANTIAL area of ground elder to deal with. I fucking hate that stuff. Roots down to the earth's core.

I hear you. We got some Mares Tail. Fucking indestructible. Been around since dinosaurs were plodding about apparently.
I've resorted to pretending it's supposed to be there.
I like the smell of ground elder. Strangeley.

Back