• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

£99 for a not very accurate test? My primary thoughts would be ‘fuck off you profiteering wankers’

He is trying to call people out on an issue where he says he will delete his account if something happens. I think he wants you all to delete yours if it does not.

I'm not very amused by it.

Care to put your money where your mouth is and reciprocate? You or Arklowolf or Darlowolf, Johnny75, or, MARKakaJIM ?

Er, pardon me?

I actually made a post saying that, perhaps, the WHO can't be held fully responsible if China weren't giving them honest or accurate information.

I think you need to learn how to read posts before you start lumping people into a group

Yea sorry about that,he does annoy me though,and he's on ignore already,but you have to click on the reply occasionally just in case there's something important said

Yea sorry about that,he does annoy me though,and he's on ignore already,but you have to click on the reply occasionally just in case there's something important said
I have 3 people on ignore just because of this thread 2 because of volume and one because he's a weirdo. I'll take them off afterwards, just don't need it at the moment

Tony Towner is a poo head !

Just testing to see if it's me he's ignoring :) :) :)

He is trying to call people out on an issue where he says he will delete his account if something happens. I think he wants you all to delete yours if it does not.

Sounds great, for what it's worth I don't think I'm going to sign up to his agreement off the back of a conversation I wasn't even party to, enticing as the offer is.

Government "encouraging" furloughed workers to go and pick fruit.

This is how it begins. Fuck off Fatso, I don't want to spend hours a day breaking my back for 2p an hour, thanks all the same.

Not that I'm personally furloughed but it defeats the object on more than one level.

I'm not trying to stir things up, but for clarity, i made a comment that I would delete my account if a vaccine was developed within a timescale another user had given. It was a fairly glib comment, I could have said I'd eat my hat, I chose to say I'd delete my account.

A second user that wasn't part of that exchange expressed his hopes that a vaccine is developed in that time and as a result I would leave the site. Which I felt was a fairly inflammatory

I then, fairly bluntly, stated that if he felt that way, why not engage in a reciprocal agreement whereby if a vaccine is developed within the timescale stated I would leave, but if not, they would, and then opened up the offer, which by definition I would call a fair exchange, to anyone else who I thought for various reasons some obvious, some not, would rather I didn't challenge their views anymore. That is all. Apologies if that caused anyone to take offence.

Government "encouraging" furloughed workers to go and pick fruit.

This is how it begins. Fuck off Fatso, I don't want to spend hours a day breaking my back for 2p an hour, thanks all the same.

Not that I'm personally furloughed but it defeats the object on more than one level.

I've don eit, it IS back breaking, and I wouldn't advise anyone to consider doing it. When I did it as a teen it was mostly people signing on and getting paid a pittance cash in hand to supplement their paltry supplementary benefit. It's not easy work

I've also done fruit picking, although it was back in the early 80's, it is hard work, back then no such thing as minimum rate, it was piece work, as far as I remember I was getting about 5-8 quid per day, bearing in mind the job I had just been made redundant from was paying me £90 per week. I considered it better than signing on the dole but I hated it. If I was out of work tomorrow then I would consider it again but it would be a last resort, I'm assuming it is at least minimum rate these days?

you'd hope so. The farm I worked on knew most people were on the dole and paid something ridiculous like 50p for one of those cardboard metal handled things, full and stacked into a pyramid. you took it to a weighing shed and if it didn't weigh enough it was taken off you and you'd get nothing. If the strawberries were damaged, you'd get nothing. It was slave labour

You just know they'll dress it up as a nice jolly stroll round an orchard, grabbing a few apples and having a ruddy good time, all for the good of the nation :icon_lol:

It's a dreadful, dreadful job. Even now the ratio of applicants : takeup is appalling once they realise what's actually involved and this when they're desperate enough to even look into it.

They seem to have this compulsive need to chuck out awful ideas every now and then. I don't think it's some 4D chess thing either, they're just stupid.

I've also done fruit picking, although it was back in the early 80's, it is hard work, back then no such thing as minimum rate, it was piece work, as far as I remember I was getting about 5-8 quid per day, bearing in mind the job I had just been made redundant from was paying me £90 per week. I considered it better than signing on the dole but I hated it. If I was out of work tomorrow then I would consider it again but it would be a last resort, I'm assuming it is at least minimum rate these days?
I did the same as a teenager about 30 years ago. You got picked up by a bus, taken to the farm and left to pick gooseberries for 8 hours paid by the punnet. I earnt about £3 and my hands were in tatters. I was one and done.

Might have something to do with the imports that have just come over to do picking?

Back