• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Old news again from 20th March, are you really that terrified of the analysis of the current situation from all corners of the media, no matter what their political affiliation that you feel the need to regurgitate month old articles?

I suppose when even Piers Morgan's not there to back you up anymore you'll cling to anything.

Here's some proof for you that the the Government clearly acted in a timely manner to ban mass events

public meetings warning.jpg

Interesting, I wonder if China had made it known when they knew that person to person transmission was possible we (the world) could have contained this.

The messaging from WHO hasn't been great on this either.

Only by isolating China completely from the rest of the world. Banning travel in and out of there until either a vaccine or effective treatment had been found. On the surface that might appear to be common sense...except it is China, a global superpower which reaches far beyond its own borders. It would require the consent of all world leaders, not just Trump, to be effective and there just isn’t the global coalition to do that. Also, the precedent is huge...while many might want to isolate another country...they will know that if done once it would be the same response to the next country who had an outbreak.

The analysis after this will be interesting/alarming. Given what we do know, the transmission of this virus was likely unpreventable once it was out in the world. At best, knowledge might have given countries more preparation time...but in truth the world should have been better prepared, we knew this was coming just not when.

Only by isolating China completely from the rest of the world. Banning travel in and out of there until either a vaccine or effective treatment had been found. On the surface that might appear to be common sense...except it is China, a global superpower which reaches far beyond its own borders. It would require the consent of all world leaders, not just Trump, to be effective and there just isn’t the global coalition to do that. Also, the precedent is huge...while many might want to isolate another country...they will know that if done once it would be the same response to the next country who had an outbreak.

The analysis after this will be interesting/alarming. Given what we do know, the transmission of this virus was likely unpreventable once it was out in the world. At best, knowledge might have given countries more preparation time...but in truth the world should have been better prepared, we knew this was coming just not when.

Absolutely, our own governments risk assessments said the same thing

Old news again from 20th March, are you really that terrified of the analysis of the current situation from all corners of the media, no matter what their political affiliation that you feel the need to regurgitate month old articles?

I suppose when even Piers Morgan's not there to back you up anymore you'll cling to anything.

Here's some proof for you that the the Government clearly acted in a timely manner to ban mass events

View attachment 2759

Here's something a bit more recent for you to conveniently ignore:

On the first page of the internal report shared with Brussels governments on April 20, the EU’s foreign policy arm said: “China has continued to run a global disinformation campaign to deflect blame for the outbreak of the pandemic and improve its international image.

On the first page of the internal report shared with Brussels governments on April 20, the EU’s foreign policy arm said: “China has continued to run a global disinformation campaign to deflect blame for the outbreak of the pandemic and improve its international image.

"A drowning man clings to a blade of grass. A drowning man will catch at a straw. A drowning man will clutch at a straw."

I think that's already been addressed

Absolutely, our own governments risk assessments said the same thing

"A drowning man clings to a blade of grass. A drowning man will catch at a straw. A drowning man will clutch at a straw."

I think that's already been addressed

Let's not pretend China haven't had a huge influence in how the pandemic has played out.

We'd all be in a very different place if it started in say Germany or France or any western democracy

So if China were giving the WHO incorrect information from the outset, the WHO can only "act" on the information provided?

China deserves criticism (for this and many things), but its actions aren't responsible for the scale of the resulting pandemic - as much as governments who wasted the weeks of warning they still had might wish.

Let's not pretend China haven't had a huge influence in how the pandemic has played out.

We'd all be in a very different place if it started in say Germany or France or any western democracy

I think China may well have been economical with the truth regarding When there was first transmission to humans and when the original epidemic started, two facts that had huge implications for how the pandemic was first dealt with. I find it tedious though, constantly having to listen to bile being spouted blaming people who were reacting to the information they had available to them at the time and ignoring the actions of those who later had a far better picture of the problem but still chose to take appropriate actions. One is blaming a driver for crashing his car when his brakes fail shortly after having an MOT and being told his brakes will be fine for at least the next 12 months, the other is failing to get the brake pads changed when told they won't see out the next 3 months.

I think China may well have been economical with the truth regarding When there was first transmission to humans and when the original epidemic started, two facts that had huge implications for how the pandemic was first dealt with. I find it tedious though, constantly having to listen to bile being spouted blaming people who were reacting to the information they had available to them at the time and ignoring the actions of those who later had a far better picture of the problem but still chose to take appropriate actions. One is blaming a driver for crashing his car when his brakes fail shortly after having an MOT and being told his brakes will be fine for at least the next 12 months, the other is failing to get the brake pads changed when told they won't see out the next 3 months.

An international trade partner lied about the impact and spread of a pandemic - I find that a little more than being economic with the truth.

I'm not saying your govt couldn't have done better when clearly they could have though but to ignore China's influence here is a bit disingenuous

An international trade partner lied about the impact and spread of a pandemic - I find that a little more than being economic with the truth.

I'm not saying your govt couldn't have done better when clearly they could have though but to ignore China's influence here is a bit disingenuous

I haven't said that at all, I haven't ignored China's culpability in the slightest

Everton’s Moise Kean is this week’s “idiot of the week”

Hosting a lockdown party with lap dancers and posting footage of it on social media.

So do we think Sweden had the right idea all along yet?

Who knows? It's still too early to tell

If a vaccine comes out in September / October probably not

If it doesn't I don't think it's cut and dried. A winter with flu and covid19 would have a big death toll and result in a lockdown whereas Sweden probably won't need to

Who knows? It's still too early to tell

If a vaccine comes out in September / October probably not

If it doesn't I don't think it's cut and dried. A winter with flu and covid19 would have a big death toll and result in a lockdown whereas Sweden probably won't need to

I will delete my account if the first happens

Ooh,fingers crossed for a vaccine in September October then

China deserves criticism (for this and many things), but its actions aren't responsible for the scale of the resulting pandemic - as much as governments who wasted the weeks of warning they still had might wish.

I think it deserves criticism for the failure to enforce the closure of wet markets, also it blatant disregard for the trade in endangered animals.

The failure to report this at local level is also disgraceful, who knows how many lives early intervention could have saved.

Back