• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

We’re saving a packet by not having the youngest in nursery. I’d pay extra if they’d let him back in though :)

I haven't actually stopped working through all of this,still take kids to school,then take patients for kidney dialysis in between school runs,I'm one of the minimum waged key workers the country loves at the minute

Is anyone actually better off since the lockdown started?

I’m still at work as normal and saving a bit by not going down the pub. But a fair whack down from the Athens trip I didn’t go on and a couple of other trips I’m trying to claw back costs for.

I'm still working but from home so saving on fuel to get to Wolverhampton every day and also not spending on days out or anything. Like Paddy I've not put fuel in the car since 14th March and still have plenty. Mrs works in M&S Food so goes out to work every day and seen her pay increase by 15% as a result

I haven't actually stopped working through all of this,still take kids to school,then take patients for kidney dialysis in between school runs,I'm one of the minimum waged key workers the country loves at the minute

Good man. There are lots like you that in normal cicumstances might go unrecognised for what they contribute.

Mrs works in M&S Food so goes out to work every day and seen her pay increase by 15% as a result
Think I’m funding this. Shopped at M&S Food a few times recently and you don’t get much change from 30 quid for a small basket of stuff.

Fair play to Raab today. People need to be aware we're not just going to switch back after lockdown. More clear messages and less sugar coating please.

Think I’m funding this. Shopped at M&S Food a few times recently and you don’t get much change from 30 quid for a small basket of stuff.

I’m not. I can’t get into the place as there’s always queues round the block. Pointless waiting to go in for the few things I’d get from there.

I’m not. I can’t get into the place as there’s always queues round the block. Pointless waiting to go in for the few things I’d get from there.
I've popped into ones on services a few times when I've been passing and they've been deserted, obviously a fairly limited selection at those type of outlets though.

The government is asking members of the public to submit questions for the daily press conference. One will be chosen each day. I doubt that the following one will be selected.

In March it was obvious to all that the Coronavirus was spreading fast and the country needed to do all that it could to prevent the disease spreading further. My question therefore is, how many lives in the UK have been lost due to the dither and delay in ordering the country into lockdown?

In March it was obvious to all that the Coronavirus was spreading fast and the country needed to do all that it could to prevent the disease spreading further. My question therefore is, how many lives in the UK have been lost due to the dither and delay in ordering the country into lockdown?

You will get an answer talking about the Blitz Spirit or something or more than likely ignored in favour of Mabel from Surrey's question where she asks if they think we are showing more spirit now than during WWII

Have moved the posts regarding an incident that has nowt to do with the Virus situation.

"UK Chancellor Rishi Sunak has also just announced that small businesses will be eligible for new loans worth between £2,000 and £50,000, which are backed by a 100% government guarantee.

He says the government will pay the interest on these "bounce-back loans" for the first 12 months.

They scheme will open from 9:00 BST on Monday next week.

The chancellor says there will be "no complex eligibility criteria... just a standard form for people to fill in".

Loans should arrive within 24 hours of approval, he says."

The numbers are starting to look better, deaths low again, confirmed cases down and number of tests up. Hospital bed occupancy down again. Things look like they're going in the right direction

The numbers are starting to look better, deaths low again, confirmed cases down and number of tests up. Hospital bed occupancy down again. Things look like they're going in the right direction

Its that fear of phase two kicking in if those in power are too cavalier in their approach to reintergrating us all back into society, I can see it being a slow phased in type affair.

Its that fear of phase two kicking in if those in power are too cavalier in their approach to reintergrating us all back into society, I can see it being a slow phased in type affair.

I can't see anything else tbh

I still have a nagging thought about what the Nightingale hospitals are for though

They were there for if it went into a total disaster area. Seems like we might have just about avoided that for now. Let's see what happens with a phased opening in the summer and autumn and especially when we hit the early winter and a standard flu season.

Back