• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Alfie's home! Still poorly but looks like he's on the mend. He's harder than chuck norris that kid. Thanks all for the support xx

That's good news, pleased for you!

On hair, I've been putting the Mrs. Off from doing mine. She seems dead keen? Worrying times.
Mind you I'm just happy she can't get up to Grafton St. For her €300 a time trim.

Hancock is dreadful here.

You didn't "aim" for 100k tests a day you weirdo, you promised it.

That's good news, pleased for you!

On hair, I've been putting the Mrs. Off from doing mine. She seems dead keen? Worrying times.
Mind you I'm just happy she can't get up to Grafton St. For her €300 a time trim.

300?!

Hancock is dreadful here.

You didn't "aim" for 100k tests a day you weirdo, you promised it.

moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg

So some EU Nations lifting restrictions

Czechs will be able to move outside in groups of up to 10, the health ministry says, as the Covid-19 situation has improved. The Czech Republic’s lockdown began on 16 March.
Travel abroad will also be permitted from Monday, though with strict conditions. Czechs will be tested for coronavirus on re-entering the country. EU citizens - not other foreigners - will be allowed in, but must have proof of having tested negative in recent days.

Italy, with one of Europe’s tightest lockdowns, is preparing for “Phase 2” – an easing affecting much more of daily life than the very limited easing that started on 14 April.
So far, some small shops – besides those selling food and medicines – have reopened. Phase 2 means resuming construction and manufacturing and reopening more public transport. Social distancing and mask-wearing will remain in force. Some easing could start as early as Monday.

In Belgium a panel of experts is to set out plans for easing the lockdown, starting on 4 May, with a wider easing on 18 May. Initially DIY stores, bike shops and some other small businesses will reopen. Then on 18 May schools are expected to reopen, along with hairdressers. But leisure facilities, such as gyms and cinemas, will remain shut. The lockdown began on 12 March.

So some EU Nations lifting restrictions

Czechs will be able to move outside in groups of up to 10, the health ministry says, as the Covid-19 situation has improved. The Czech Republic’s lockdown began on 16 March.
Travel abroad will also be permitted from Monday, though with strict conditions. Czechs will be tested for coronavirus on re-entering the country. EU citizens - not other foreigners - will be allowed in, but must have proof of having tested negative in recent days.

Italy, with one of Europe’s tightest lockdowns, is preparing for “Phase 2” – an easing affecting much more of daily life than the very limited easing that started on 14 April.
So far, some small shops – besides those selling food and medicines – have reopened. Phase 2 means resuming construction and manufacturing and reopening more public transport. Social distancing and mask-wearing will remain in force. Some easing could start as early as Monday.

In Belgium a panel of experts is to set out plans for easing the lockdown, starting on 4 May, with a wider easing on 18 May. Initially DIY stores, bike shops and some other small businesses will reopen. Then on 18 May schools are expected to reopen, along with hairdressers. But leisure facilities, such as gyms and cinemas, will remain shut. The lockdown began on 12 March.

Have i missed the bit where our government tell us what they are planning here?

Have i missed the bit where our government tell us what they are planning here?

Nope. They don't want to confuse us as apparently we will struggle with the thought of staying in when knowing at some point we will be allowed to do some things again. We all need to concentrate on the lockdown and nothing else

Nope. They don't want to confuse us as apparently we will struggle with the thought of staying in when knowing at some point we will be allowed to do some things again. We all need to concentrate on the lockdown and nothing else

The fucktards who couldn't be trusted not to go to parks or beaches are to blame for that.

The fucktards who couldn't be trusted not to go to parks or beaches are to blame for that.

Maybe but a huge % of it will be we have no actual plan right now and won't have one until Boris is fit to work again

Maybe but a huge % of it will be we have no actual plan right now and won't have one until Boris is fit to work again

I don't think that's true. I think they're being very conservative, for want of a better word, now they've been burnt for being too slow in dealing with some of the issues and don't want to blunder anymore.

I'd keep Boris locked in the same cupboard as Pritti Evil.

I wouldn't blame the Government on a lack of information re an end game. If they were to announce lockdown ends in a fortnight there will be enough people who'd think if its ending soon what does it matter doing what they want a few days earlier

Don't need to give a time though do they. Just a simple when a target has been met, we will look at opening certain places of business, allowing this for going out etc. If they are going to follow Scotland and say offices will need to be changed, schools will run like this, it will give some a chance to look at how they can fit in with the requirements.

Don't think anyone can expect them right now to say "8th May we will start to do..."

It also gets them 1 step ahead of the media who I think are now starting down the path of trying to push the general public into fighting back. Questions already being asked about the public and their handling, when there really isn't any widespread concern right now so to me they are angling to kick some people off. As with food stockpilling, once a few do it and the press run the stories, plenty more will follow

We do have the 5 (or six if you are Gav) and the final test is the biggest hurdle

Being confident any adjustments would not risk a second peak

We don’t have a vaccine. We don’t have enough information about the current level of infection. We don’t know whether there is immunity post infection.

Test, track and trace seems to be the mantra that the U.K. and other countries are pursuing and we have already seen the problems with resources for testing... we have no idea whether we can meet the challenges of tracking and tracing.

Covid19 and seasonal flu in the coming winter scare the bejesus out of me

We do have the 5 (or six if you are Gav) and the final test is the biggest hurdle

Being confident any adjustments would not risk a second peak

We don’t have a vaccine. We don’t have enough information about the current level of infection. We don’t know whether there is immunity post infection.

Test, track and trace seems to be the mantra that the U.K. and other countries are pursuing and we have already seen the problems with resources for testing... we have no idea whether we can meet the challenges of tracking and tracing.

Thought the Nightingale ' buffer ' was essential.

Make you right on the unknowns. Hancock is writing niceties, throwing stuff in the air and seeing where they land.

Johnson's 12 week plan seems to be on course (if you see it in waves) . Spain getting a spike which is awful news.

Covid19 and seasonal flu in the coming winter scare the bejesus out of me

Flu is just now more prominent and we will focus on it. It's still the killer we never really knew enough about or cared about - see 2015 for details

Still hoping somebody can tell me the difference that makes a covid-19 death stand out. Enough to put it on a death certificate given the amount of people who die from pneumonia throughout the year.

Flu is just now more prominent and we will focus on it. It's still the killer we never really knew enough about or cared about - see 2015 for details

Still hoping somebody can tell me the difference that makes a covid-19 death stand out. Enough to put it on a death certificate given the amount of people who die from pneumonia throughout the year.

Sorry, i meant having both in the population at the same time.

I can see the death rate going up in that scenario

seems more folks out today and businesses are reopening.
Hancock says that they didn't need to close beforehand.

Back