• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Worst pub I think I have ever been in, and boy have I been in some trainwrecks of licensed establishments.

It's got a reputation definitely,probably up there with the talisman in low hill,I was unsure to put it in this thread or the landmark klaxon thread

It's got a reputation definitely,probably up there with the talisman in low hill,I was unsure to put it in this thread or the landmark klaxon thread

Those two and the Manhattan in Heath Town make McGhee's look like The Ritz.

Squeeze and I had a row once and I did the old "fuck it - I'm off for a pint" routine. Couldn't drive, so the only pub in close walking distance it was. The Pendulum is the set of Shameless with a lot less class.

I lived in Moss Side for a brief spell. I would take any of those pubs over McGhee's, The Talisman, The Pendulum, The Manhattan or The Double Six.

I was genuinely open mouthed at McGhees first time I went in there. Much like the rest of the people in there, but for a different reason.

They launched Guinness Red in about 2007 and McGhee's was for a short period the only place in town stocking it, so I took Kenny there as he wanted to try it.

We don't fall out very often, but I don't think he was that happy with me that day.

I lived in Moss Side for a brief spell. I would take any of those pubs over McGhee's, The Talisman, The Pendulum, The Manhattan or The Double Six.

Those must be some seriously bad pubs. Oh, and Dysons services re no longer required, and have had the order for their CoVent ventilators cancelled.

Who would have thought designing a totally new ventilator would require an approval process that would take time?

Dyson, Babcock and Sagentia have so far failed to receive approval for their kit yet.

Dyson and the Renault and Aston Martin Red Bull Formula One consortium have been told to stand down and their orders cancelled..

Ventilator Challenge UK who focused on scaling up production of proven devices have received regulatory approval and are currently supplying the NHS

They launched Guinness Red in about 2007 and McGhee's was for a short period the only place in town stocking it, so I took Kenny there as he wanted to try it.

We don't fall out very often, but I don't think he was that happy with me that day.
It had its plus points. I mean who doesn't love the fact you could go to the toilet and order a round whilst in there.

It had its plus points. I mean who doesn't love the fact you could go to the toilet and order a round whilst in there.

Technically you can do that now in Wetherspoons via the app. Years ahead of the curve.

I've been in the manhatten. another nut house I went into was the coach and horses on the cannock road.

anyhow, the road outside has been noticeably busier today imo.

Have been loving listening to birdsong in recent weeks. Lost myself to it for about an hour yesterday.

Waggon and Horses.

Rough as arseholes.

I can handle myself in shite pubs, I've been in enough. The only time I've been genuinely scared was in some yardie shithouse in South London.

Wasn't there one in heathtown(not manhattens) that was shut due to the drug dealing,open plan inside,bulldozed shortly after shutting?
Highcroft on the Scotland's was another rough hole,but anyway we are zooming off topic here

Waggon and Horses.

Rough as arseholes.

I can handle myself in shite pubs, I've been in enough. The only time I've been genuinely scared was in some yardie shithouse in South London.
nah, there is the waggon and horses, but there is also (or used to be) the coach and horses pretty much opposite. Very much an afro-carribean pub. Might have been knocked down now? Can't remember the last time I went down the cannock road tbh.

Wasn't there one in heathtown(not manhattens) that was shut due to the drug dealing,open plan inside,bulldozed shortly after shutting?
Highcroft on the Scotland's was another rough hole,but anyway we are zooming off topic here

are you sure you're not thinking of the one that was down the newhampton road, by the avion centre? got demolished recently owing to the trouble there? can't recall the name of the place.

the flying dutchman down warstones was another rough as hell place.

The Talisman is in Underhill, went in there a couple of times late 80s :screwy:

are you sure you're not thinking of the one that was down the newhampton road, by the avion centre? got demolished recently owing to the trouble there? can't recall the name of the place.

the flying dutchman down warstones was another rough as hell place.

The Bagot Arms?

I don't go to the same pubs I used to but the pendulum was never that bad, the one that got changed into a church used to be the ropey one.

Wagon and horses at the end was like the wild West, Dutch man was, well the dutchman. Never went in the talisman but knew a few lads from there. Hate Mcghees, or the hole as its affectionately referred to, but that's down to a few things.

Working away I've ended up in some delightful establishments. The pub that they sent us to from the hotel
in East Kilbride ( 4 English lads) when we walked in there was a celtic game on and they were all singing kill the saxonaxe and PIRA songs, fucking happy days that was ..

The Talisman is in Underhill, went in there a couple of times late 80s :screwy:

Yep, a bit further up the road from Bushbury Crem.

I went in just the once, 2009, for a family do (family of my then partner), I can remember saying to her that it was like being in Shameless. That Rafferty bloke, boxer with gold teeth was working behind the bar.

It was closed down last year as a drugs ring was operating there.

from the bbc
"When the NHS invited people to become "volunteer responders" a month ago, there was a deluge of applications.

Three quarters of a million people signed up to help with jobs including patient transportation and grocery delivery.

Six hundred thousand were accepted on to the scheme, but so far only 50,000 tasks have been completed.

There's frustration from volunteers who haven't been used yet"

Back