• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Generally speaking, it is lower socioeconomic economic groups that are going to be hit hardest by easing the lockdown. These groups are more likely to be in lower paid, public facing jobs. Much less likely to be able to work from home and more likely to rely on public transport. It’s no wonder that predominately well off white men think the lockdown was unnecessary.

Most likely to suffer unemployment /mental health issues too. The service industry will be decimated - the economy is flatlining.

Jan Vlieghe, a member of the BoE’s interest-rate setting committee, made this warning in a speech just released:

" Based on the early indicators, and based on the experience in other countries that were hit somewhat earlier than the UK, it seems that we are experiencing an economic contraction that is faster and deeper than anything we have seen in the past century, or possibly several centuries. "

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...084784dca5874c#block-5ea165128f084784dca5874c

" More than half of the jobs in some sectors of the UK economy are at risk if the lockdown continues for an extended period, a new study suggests."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ion-jobs-at-risk-if-lockdown-lasts-for-months

Terrific news Del. He sounds hard as nails. Must get it from his mum.

Generally speaking, it is lower socioeconomic economic groups that are going to be hit hardest by easing the lockdown. These groups are more likely to be in lower paid, public facing jobs. Much less likely to be able to work from home and more likely to rely on public transport. It’s no wonder that predominately well off white men think the lockdown was unnecessary.

That's a very sweeping statement seeing as the majority of opinions on all media or publications are from well off white people. I assume you have masses of evidence of lower socioeconomic groups espousing the virtues of a lockdown ?

The magical money tree.

UK to sell £180 Bn in bonds May-July giving a total of £235 Bn for the financial year thus far ( No doubt to cover lockdown )

£48 Bn borrowed in the previous financial year.

Excellent news, Del!

And another thing, how grey is my wife and how much money am I saving not getting her hair coloured :)

And how long is my hair going to get (not easy to cut it when you live on your own) - this goes on too long then I might be going back to my 20's when I did have shoulder length hair anyway.

great news!

haven't been able to keep up on here, anyone else come down with it? I've actually got 3 good friends from another forum who (along with their quaranteening families) got it. thankfully nothing serious. they're not exactly having fun with it, but no hospitalization.

with the rates of spreading wouldn't be surprised if a few others here come across it as well.

And how long is my hair going to get (not easy to cut it when you live on your own) - this goes on too long then I might be going back to my 20's when I did have shoulder length hair anyway.

Bought a set of clippers, had a go at DIY this week. its not a disaster.

Mine doesn't grow that long it grows out so I will look like George berry and Carlos Valderramas love child

If I end up going all Richard Stearman 2016 as a result of this (minus the thumping the floor/thumping my chest/kicking goalposts) then I'm going to be very upset.

Back