• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

But can asymptomatic mean that someone had it a few months back, got over it but now still tests positive for it? Maybe even forgot they had 'something' or forgot how bad they were at the time.

I guess so, but I think that scenario would put them into the reactivation / relapse camp

Every man and his dog are aware of possible symptoms

Doc said the test has come back negative but we can ignore that because we're seeing lots of false negatives and the xray of his lungs clearly has the infection pattern of covid, which spreads differently to normal pneumonia. Said he's making amazing progress and it won't need to be a huge improvement from this point for him to be allowed home! Asked for a retest and they said no as he's getting better :/

Doc said the test has come back negative but we can ignore that because we're seeing lots of false negatives and the xray of his lungs clearly has the infection pattern of covid, which spreads differently to normal pneumonia. Said he's making amazing progress and it won't need to be a huge improvement from this point for him to be allowed home! Asked for a retest and they said no as he's getting better :/

Relieved to hear it mate - really good news.

Cool, I need at least one good news story a day !! :)

That's excellent news!

I feel I owe anyone who has been affected by covid19 for talking so glibly about it

Well, on the topic of tests, this is what the main respiratory consultant here yesterday afternoon said to us (to our face, not via 47 other people):

I personally rate the tests at about 70% accurate. I've had a patient I am confident died of COVID take 4 COVID tests all negative

He also asked my manager who deals with deaths (whereas we deal with live discharges) - Can you ignore the negative tests and code it as COVID since that is what I'm putting on the death certificate

Thanks for sharing.

I don'tnwish to get into ethics but are there any stark differences that (even with a false negative) would differentiate between a non Covid-19 death and a Covid-19 death?

Seems the goalposts are about to be moved on the 100,000 tests per day by the end of April promise...it nows seems the target is to have the capacity to do 100,000 tests per day.

Aye, I've got the capability of going out on a date with Alicia Silverstone. I just can't be arsed phoning her.

Hancock is a tit for making that kind of promise.

well then perhaps you should direct your point to the people in government that are spending time politicising over their past actions rather than dealing with your more serious questions which they happen to be responsible for.

i don't see that there was a policy being implemented until they announced a 'delay' phase. the presumption of that was that there was a containment phase - which didn't seem to involve any containment and appears to me at least to be empty words/PR. "halting flights into the UK from virus hot spots" which you say they've failed to do i imagine would have constituted containment.

I think there are (for want of a better word) ' humanitarian ' questions regardless of any political/apolitical persuasion. Spanish fans at Anfield is irelevant given the amount of fixtures that took place in that week and that flights from virus hotspots were never curtailed (like they were in Australia). Whoever was tasked with the follow up to the 2016 pandemic drill needs to explain why the supply/logistical chain for PPE and other equipment has been a total fuck up. Testing seems a complete fuck up and maybe a waste of time anyway if they are not accurate.

sl79brhrhdu41.jpg

I robbed this off Reddit but it gives a much better idea of what the curve looks like

Good stuff Del...

That's fantastic news Del.

Brilliant news Del.

Effectively told my manager to go against WHO rules and code it as:

Covid positive
Viral Pneumonia
Co-morbs

Whereas it should be:

Pneumonia (we auto go to viral now for any covid positive patients)
Co-morbs
Code for COVID ruled out

Does make me wonder how many people "have it" too

On this point, have hospital deaths been counted as non covid if a there was a negative test?

Gald to hear he's getting better Del!

Fucking fantastic news!

This is what annoys me about politics right now, it is say what you want people to hear rather than the truth. Then when it goes tits up they just lie, deflect and in some cases deny.

Just like the PPE stuff from Turkey. On Saturday it was 100% on its way...when it wasn't and was days away from heading over here and we had to collect it.

It's utter bullshit. The capacity to do 100k tests a day is already available. My employer in march was able to conduct 25k tests a day. The government can't fulfil the tests, hence the shift. They're also now saying they want to do health workers, but health workers aren't going to the testing sites. Possibly because they're a bit busy, but tbh, you should be taking the fucking testing sites to the people who need testing.

Back