• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Antibody testing

Coming soon – we have had confirmation from the Black Country Pathology service lead that we will be ready to undertake antibody testing as soon as it is available and we will keep you informed of how we can access it when it is available.

Hospital I work at

Antibody testing

Coming soon – we have had confirmation from the Black Country Pathology service lead that we will be ready to undertake antibody testing as soon as it is available and we will keep you informed of how we can access it when it is available.

Hospital I work at

Not available then?

The main factor in how many people die from CV-19 is how dense the population is.

The main factor in how many people survive CV-19 is how dense the population is.

More than 30 strains of the virus due to it mutating according to Chinese epidemologists.
Great.
This isn't uncommon and doesn't yet preclude a singular effective vaccine.

Also worth pointing out that the study which showed that number was not peer-reviewed and so is basically no better than a blog post at this point in time.

Antibody testing

Hospital I work at

Id be wary of this. Someone who works from me is currently in Germany with her parents, and she fell ill with non covid symptoms. In Germany its standard to do covid testing and antibody testing, but the latter takes two weeks for the results to come through and will only detect if you had it more than four weeks before the test was done.

So even though it came back negative that only means that as of 6 weeks ago she hadnt had it.

Foreign Office Permanent Under Secretary Sir Simon McDonald says it was a 'political decision' not take part in the EU joint procurement scheme for medical equipment. He says the UK Mission to the EU in Brussels 'briefed ministers about what was available, what was on offer'.

Cunts.

This isn't uncommon and doesn't yet preclude a singular effective vaccine.

Also worth pointing out that the study which showed that number was not peer-reviewed and so is basically no better than a blog post at this point in time.

Well that's something. It's a shame Sky News can't add that balance to their 'story'.

Why?

The EU has failed on a much worse scale than our own bunch of shits. Italy and Spain are furious with Germany for their behaviour during this crisis.

For making "political decisions" which amount to cutting your own nose off to spite your face.

Complete wankers. In this situation you leave EVERY avenue open.

Quick quiz

Covid deaths per million*

UK: 243
Netherlands:229
Sweden: 175
Ireland: 139
US: 129
Denmark: 64
Germany: 58
Canada: 45
Norway: 34
Finland: 25
Iceland: 29

Questions
Who’s using a herd immunity strategy?
Who was locked down early?
Who’s screening their population to actively find cases?

*Italy, France & Spain are not in there because they’re ahead of the others in terms of the time the epidemic hit them, so naturally have more 'cumulative' deaths

For making "political decisions" which amount to cutting your own nose off to spite your face.

Complete wankers. In this situation you leave EVERY avenue open.

They may have seen the way the EU were working and thought that wasn't for us (a lucky decision as it worked out). The EU is great for a lot of things, overwhelming beaurocracy is sadly one of the things that the EU has a problem with. Couple that with the power of two main countries and it isn't good for the bloc, that needs reform.

Not even a Europhile like me pretends that the EU is perfect.

We have voluntarily cut ourselves off though, even in a time of crisis, look at their stupid statement last week about not extending the transition even though clearly no-one can negotiate properly right now. They are absolute cunts. I hate these people.

Quick quiz

Covid deaths per million*

*Italy, France & Spain are not in there because they’re ahead of the others in terms of the time the epidemic hit them, so naturally have more 'cumulative' deaths

Sorry matey you cannot really do that unless all the others discovered it at exactly the same time

Oh and "Who’s using a herd immunity strategy?" Sweden

Sorry matey you cannot really do that unless all the others discovered it at exactly the same time

Oh and "Who’s using a herd immunity strategy?" Sweden

Most of those would have experienced similar starting infection points, we are seeing enough countries with flattened peaks to make this type of comparison worthwhile. Except perhaps us.

Gloves piss me off. Gloves work in a healthcare setting as they are single use. They do not work in day to day life when Joe Bloggs is driving his car with them, scratching his nose, touching everything in a shop, handling money, returning to his car and driving home in then.

Over here we were advised to wear gloves before masks were suggested, but now masks are mandatory and gloves are not. I've completely given up gloves - I spend all day touching cash, bottles, paper bags, and if I have to disinfect my hands every few minutes while wearing gloves then there is basically no advantage at all to having them in the first place. I can just as easily clean my hands without them.

Over here we were advised to wear gloves before masks were suggested, but now masks are mandatory and gloves are not. I've completely given up gloves - I spend all day touching cash, bottles, paper bags, and if I have to disinfect my hands every few minutes while wearing gloves then there is basically no advantage at all to having them in the first place. I can just as easily clean my hands without them.

This is the point. You clean your hands, you don’t clean gloves you chuck them away. Gloves are used when you come into contact with bodily fluids, not objects. So wearing them to touch a million objects is pointless as that’s what clean and cleansable hands are for

Well that's something. It's a shame Sky News can't add that balance to their 'story'.

This is why I turned off Sky News push notifications a couple of weeks ago. I was sick to the back teeth of the cunts bombarding me with every piece of negative shit they could find but none of the (rarer) positives

Yes i am. Where as you are saying it was the media, and that there should be an inquiry into it, can you find an article that is telling people to buy 50 rolls of bog roll?

The UK haven't officially banned flights from anywhere have they?

Sticks to beat the government with :-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...vernment-publish-findings-2016-pandemic-drill

Also - flights into the UK from Covid-19 areas like Italy, Spain and Iran.

" The Prime Minister has pushed back against calls by Priti Patel for border closures to prevent passengers from coronavirus hotspot countries coming to Britain "

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...ck-home-office-plan-halt-flights-coronavirus/

Media and Panic Buying.

https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/prog...mass-psychological-event-experts-say/12040078

"Foreign Office Permanent Under Secretary Sir Simon McDonald says it was a 'political decision' not take part in the EU joint procurement scheme for medical equipment. He says the UK Mission to the EU in Brussels 'briefed ministers about what was available, what was on offer'."

Hancock was just asked and said they never turned the offer down, he himself said yes and are "associate members" of the scheme... What happened to "we missed the email/didn't receive it" and "we aren't taking part in the scheme" ??

Back