• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Terry Christian commented that perhaps instead of bailing out banks, airlines and any of the other companies who have avoided tax, are owned by tax exiles or given trillions out in dividends and share buy backs and now want the tax payers help again, maybe we should just lean out the window and give them a round pf applause instead

Stunning perception by Terry Christian.

More than happy to pay more tax. There’s been way too long an acceptance of too low tax rates. Make it fair and tax the people that can afford it.

I would doubt the Chinese made any firm guarentees and they did explain there was an evaluation process. I'd be more concerned of the MP's giving themselves an extra £10k than this but it all smacks of the necessity for a co-ordinated global response - one the WHO seems incapable of offering. Then again this is manna from heaven for the Pharma Corps and idiots like Gates.

"As Spain’s death toll hit 4,089, the Chinese embassy in Madrid said on Thursday (26 March) that the Spanish government had bought a batch of faulty COVID-19 testing kits from an unauthorised Chinese company. "

There are authorised, and unauthorised suppliers. And a global and co-ordinated response to the crisis would be truly, truly awful. Imagine what state we would be in if everyone knew was working to achieve a global solution to a global problem. We'd be right in it

More than happy to pay more tax. There’s been way too long an acceptance of too low tax rates. Make it fair and tax the people that can afford it.

The report is written by the same ideological idiots that dreamt up Labour's last manifesto. Despite the headline the gist of it is that governments should take equity stakes in companies, nationalisation via the back door.

The author wants trade unions on every board along with workers (who that worker is he doesn't say) whilst not addressing that most companies employing any decent quality system listen to their employees at every level. The author is as red as red can be.

The tax thing is a red herring. I asked a group of random Americans (well over a hundred but as scientific as this forum) recently if they would be prepared to pay one penny in every dollar earned to get free healthcare for the rest of their lives and unanimously the answer was yes as long as they didn't pay healthcare insurance ever again.

The thing I took away from it is that if you tell people what the tax is for and where it goes then people are OK with that. If tax is a general % rise form the government then people baulk at that and there is resistance. Folks just don't trust governments.

The report is written by the same ideological idiots that dreamt up Labour's last manifesto. Despite the headline the gist of it is that governments should take equity stakes in companies, nationalisation via the back door.

The author wants trade unions on every board along with workers (who that worker is he doesn't say) whilst not addressing that most companies employing any decent quality system listen to their employees at every level. The author is as red as red can be.

The tax thing is a red herring. I asked a group of random Americans (well over a hundred but as scientific as this forum) recently if they would be prepared to pay one penny in every dollar earned to get free healthcare for the rest of their lives and unanimously the answer was yes as long as they didn't pay healthcare insurance ever again.

The thing I took away from it is that if you tell people what the tax is for and where it goes then people are OK with that. If money is a general % rise form the government then people baulk at that and there is resistance. Folks just don't trust governments.

I’m not against employees on boards, it seems to happen in most European companies - both my current employer and previous employer have employee representatives on the board. We still manage to make a consistent profit and it’s a much nicer environment to work in than the American owned company I worked for previously. Sustainable businesses will not be sustainable without considering employees as well as profit.

On the US - if you put it in simple terms like that then yes I can imagine they will like it. I travelled around a lot of the US last year and the NHS came up with in conversation a lot. Everyone was adamant they didn’t want anything like that in the US, even the people who admitted they spent horrendous amounts of money on medicine.

The thing I took away from it is that if you tell people what the tax is for and where it goes then people are OK with that. If tax is a general % rise form the government then people baulk at that and there is resistance. Folks just don't trust governments.

I think everyone owes you a huge debt of thanks for making people laugh so hard at a time when people need it most

I’m not against employees on boards, it seems to happen in most European companies - both my current employer and previous employer have employee representatives on the board. We still manage to make a consistent profit and it’s a much nicer environment to work in than the American owned company I worked for previously. Sustainable businesses will not be sustainable without considering employees as well as profit.

On the US - if you put it in simple terms like that then yes I can imagine they will like it. I travelled around a lot of the US last year and the NHS came up with in conversation a lot. Everyone was adamant they didn’t want anything like that in the US, even the people who admitted they spent horrendous amounts of money on medicine.

I agree with your first point, most companies do have employee representation already, the point I was trying to make was companies don't need to be forced by anybody to have an employee on a board who they don't want purely by government taking equity stakes.

The second question highlights how the question is phrased doesn't it, also my audience was mainly a minority one (black and hispanic) if that makes any difference.

The gist you seem to get when Obama was putting it out there was they didn't mind paying as long as they wasn't paying for someone else, the thought of you paying for a service and not using it, and someone else who wasn't paying as much getting that service didn't appeal to them.

The gist you seem to get when Obama was putting it out there was they didn't mind paying as long as they wasn't paying for someone else, the thought of you paying for a service and not using it, and someone else who wasn't paying as much getting that service didn't appeal to them.

It's not so different here with welfare. People are obsessed with the idea that someone is doing better than them for doing less. Like living off £70 a week is a fucking picnic.

I agree with your first point, most companies do have employee representation already, the point I was trying to make was companies don't need to be forced by anybody to have an employee on a board who they don't want purely by government taking equity stakes.

The second question highlights how the question is phrased doesn't it, also my audience was mainly a minority one (black and hispanic) if that makes any difference.

If companies want government support (as with Virgin Atlantic) then we should definitely be taken an equity share. We did it with some of the banks.

If companies want government support (as with Virgin Atlantic) then we should definitely be taken an equity share. We did it with some of the banks.

I don't think governments should be taking equity stakes at all, it would create a shed load of problems. However, before any profits are paid out the government should be paid any support back first, I suppose you could call it a soft loan.

I don't think governments should be taking equity stakes at all, it would create a shed load of problems. However, before any profits are paid out the government should be paid any support back first, I suppose you could call it a soft loan.

And if they don't make profits? Virgin Atlantic hasn't made one for a good while, and we all know how good larger companies are at masking profits.

There are a lot of TV / FILMS / Books predicting this.
I have been watching Designated survivor over the lockdown it had a similar thing from China.

Some even name 2020 and China as the time and source, it's breathtakingly accurate and makes you wonder
We watch Contagion, and quite a few more all sort of hinting this would happen, some even mentioning 2020, quite scary stuff and makes you wonder how they got it so right in advance some even naming China As the centre of the outbreak

giphy.gif

Back