• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

KellyAnne Conway is blaming the WHO because this is Covid-19 not Covid-1 and they've had plenty of chances to get it right. I know the only people who watch Fox News wear MAGA hats, but some of the snippets you see from interviews and discussions are very entertaining.

The challenge is to guess whether they are stupid or just releasing soundbites because their viewers are

To be fair she's got a point, I'm more disappointed that Covid-20s release has been delayed, we're already in April and no sign of it yet.

Not good news, but sensible
'There is only one way we can ‘exit’ full lockdown and that is when we have a vaccine. Until then, we need to find ways we can adapt society and strike a balance between the health of the nation and our economy.' Nadine Dories

Last edited:
Was Nadine Dorries tbf and she's as thick as mince.

Hancock has had to slightly row back on that.

was it Dories? I'll edit it I mustve misread the source in the guardian piece i was a bit sleepy still at the time after waking up at my usual time which is now between 04:30 and 05:30 :(

Hancock said something far more unsurprisng this morning apparenly

"I am really pleased the footballers are making a contribution to charity as many of us do, me included," he said.
"Everyone needs to make sure they do their bit.
"I am not proposing to do that, I am proposing to work every hour God sends."

Like most people trying to feed their family usually do then

The way they presented it on the live blog wasn't the clearest, however it's what she tweeted last night.

Jonathan Ashworth has made the fair observation that given that a vaccine could be 18 months away, if the Government are expecting us to be in some form of lockdown for that length of time they should probably say so...

That is of course if it's the official Government position, I wouldn't trust Dorries with making a cup of tea.

Remember the celebrations for covid-10? Red Arrows flying over Buckingham Palace, wall-to-wall retrospectives on the BBC... we had a street party with coronation chicken and miniature Union Jacks on toothpicks for the fairy cakes.

Good times, good times.

The Room Next Door stuff is ace from Michael Spicer. Brilliant he has gone from posting these vids on Twitter to getting gigs like this. He quit his job a few months back to become a full time comedian

"Of the 10 countries in the region with the highest numbers of cases, there have been optimistic signs in terms of the climbing numbers in Spain, Italy, Germany, France and Switzerland in recent weeks.

But small positive signals in some countries are tempered by sustained or increased levels of incidents in other countries, including in the UK, Turkey, Ukraine, Belarus and Russia.

The next few weeks will be critical for Europe. Make no mistake - despite the spring weather, we are in the middle of a storm."

Dr Hans Kluge, WHO regional director for Europe

That could have been a lot worse as its two days after bank holidays.

The way they presented it on the live blog wasn't the clearest, however it's what she tweeted last night.

Jonathan Ashworth has made the fair observation that given that a vaccine could be 18 months away, if the Government are expecting us to be in some form of lockdown for that length of time they should probably say so...

That is of course if it's the official Government position, I wouldn't trust Dorries with making a cup of tea.
true about Dorries.

Oxford Uni have put out an appeal today for healthy 18-55 volunteers to trial a vaccine, which has to be an ethical nightmare given 50% will have to be placebo and the other 50% could be risking death. Don't know if they're bypassing other mammalian tests but , they've been working on it since Jan 20th.

We got our money yesterday. Direct deposit so no signature. Was half expecting lil' donny not to send me anything since it is for all Americans, which I am not.

Anyway, wife said to deposit it in a savings account (business has never been better for me so we do not need the cash), but at current interest rates we would each earn a whole dollar per year.

Dude you are supposed to spend it ! Remember consumerism is the key to a sparkling economy. As an aside that money could well prevent some going homeless and starving in the next few weeks. Then they will need another check.

Dude you are supposed to spend it ! Remember consumerism is the key to a sparkling economy. As an aside that money could well prevent some going homeless and starving in the next few weeks. Then they will need another check.

I know the purposes of the check. Our spending levels have not decreased at all recently, and we make a point of getting carry-out meals from local restaurants. Also my wife does support several causes. There does seem to be a move towards buying from small local businesses wherever possible, I think that trend will increase and we want to be part of that. At the same time though, we are not the type of people to just go out and splash the cash just because we can.

Lockdown extended for "at least three weeks"

Back