• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Good news for people worried that our engineers couldn't make ventilators. Mercedes F1 engineers (based in the U.K.) have come up with a non invasive breathing machine and have made the design free to manufacture. Trials in the Royal Surrey have been a success and the roll out is underway.

That's a big fuck you to Dyson, the profiteering cunt, and also makes the government lucky they didn't get on the EU ventilator programme as this system would not have been allowed in the EU (it isn't allowed now).

So, not actually a ventilator then?

Here's the full article for your benefit:
https://www.who.int/news-room/artic...neumonia-caused-by-a-new-coronavirus-in-china

A full ten days after the Chinese owned up to having a problem.
24 days on and they'd tweaked the advice a bit.

How come I'm still seeing some of your posts when I've had you on ignore for over a week anyway?

As I said, My friend was only concerned that you might appear to others to be wilfully trying to spread disinformation He is sure that isnt your intention and you probably didn't realise the advice was updated as soon as the facts became clearer or hadnt managed to paste all of the statement when you meant to.

It's quite easy to make a mistake like referring to 3 month old reports, that were updated 2 weeks later when more was known about the situation, after all, our own Government knew there was a developing problem around 2 weeks before the who issued those guidelines, and we still got caught on the hop.

As of 24 January 2020, human-to-human transmission has been confirmed largely in Wuhan city, but also some other places in China and internationally. Not enough is known about the epidemiology of 2019-nCoV to draw definitive conclusions about the full clinical features of disease, the intensity of the human-to-human transmission, and the original source of the outbreak.

It would also be very easy to miss the 9 paragraphs f advice they gave and the actions they also advised countries take which included the ones I already mentioned. A lot of people are getting dates and times muddled at the moment whilst being locked down

24 January WHO advice on Coronavirus

I just listen to the stats now, been switching off as soon as the media questions start,for about a week

I've been given hints that there is some kind of legal restriction on the media at the moment, but I couldn't hold my hand on my heart and say that's an absolute fact.

Showing your age there matey :)

I am up there with the venerable Bede.

I used to think Vanessa was alright. Her husband was a fucking nutter fronting the Almighty. Must put some of their stuff on the Lockdown Spotify actually. Wild and Wonderful and Addiction are killer tracks.

It replaces the need for a ventilator and is less invasive. Safer all round.

Replaced the need for all ventilators? I’m pretty sure it was your own link above which said simpler machines were proving to not be required as much as thought.

A badge, a fucking badge! May as well top it off with a Jim'll Fix It one

Super injunction?
Something of that nature that's behind the seeming lack of gumption shown by reporters at the briefing.

Channel 4 News have been trying to get a Govt spokesperson on air for 8 days now without any luck, the flow of information is being quite tightly controlled

Something of that nature that's behind the seeming lack of gumption shown by reporters at the briefing.

Channel 4 News have been trying to get a Govt spokesperson on air for 8 days now without any luck, the flow of information is being quite tightly controlled

That's a bit tin hat for me. Probably a kernel of truth in there somewhere then creates a huge leap to super injunction.

That's a bit tin hat for me. Probably a kernel of truth in there somewhere then creates a huge leap to super injunction.

I didnt say it 'was' a super injuction, just that I've had hints that there is 'something' in terms of restrictions in place that's stopping journalists doing the job you'd expect at the briefings. I'm not going to try and guess what it is, but things like the Channel 4 news situation are unprecedented no matter how big a hole the Governments been in

Replaced the need for all ventilators? I’m pretty sure it was your own link above which said simpler machines were proving to not be required as much as thought.

Indeed, it isn't a simple ventilator. It's a machine that works on pressure in and out of the lungs to get he lungs working whilst assisting through mechanical pressure. Pretty complex stuff given a ventilator can only perform one function.

Guess he doesn't fancy it. I haven't seen him for a while but his unit is next to ours so when I am off furlough I may see if I can pop round and wave.
That's a shame, hopefully he feels like coming back at some point

Guess he doesn't fancy it. I haven't seen him for a while but his unit is next to ours so when I am off furlough I may see if I can pop round and wave.

He was having a good time in Barcelona when I saw him.

Back