• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

No, its a natural smirk as the BBC had to apologise for calling her out for it...

That’s where the whole “who cares about the economy, it’s al about saving lives” falls down. The economy falling over will kill people too....

Theres more than enough money in the economy to cope. The problem is it is being hoarded by a tiny number of billionaires who get away without paying their fair share. Tax the bastards until their pips squeak and then redistribute through a programme or renationalised industries. The economy would be fine.

email from one theatre today telling me everything up to 30 may is cancelled. separate email from the rsc saying everything to 30 june is cancelled.

my workplace postponed july graduations for students this week. Moved to march 2021. They also confirmed in an email it is unlikely exams in august will go ahead.

Some places are already planning for longer term closures I think. I wonder if they've been tipped a wink or not.

Theres more than enough money in the economy to cope. The problem is it is being hoarded by a tiny number of billionaires who get away without paying their fair share. Tax the bastards until their pips squeak and then redistribute through a programme or renationalised industries. The economy would be fine.
stop-making-sense.jpg

Oh, and priti vacant being dragged out after repeatedly refusing to attend the select committee when she's home secretary. that's borderline dereliction of duty, not that this is a surprise.

@ tredman, those papers are cock a hoop as they were worried brexit might be postponed.

Patel's display was classic Donald, screwing up so badly that no ones talking about the NHS, just her lack of numeracy

email from one theatre today telling me everything up to 30 may is cancelled. separate email from the rsc saying everything to 30 june is cancelled.

my workplace postponed july graduations for students this week. Moved to march 2021. They also confirmed in an email it is unlikely exams in august will go ahead.

Some places are already planning for longer term closures I think. I wonder if they've been tipped a wink or not.
Yet Jet2 are planning on resuming package hols on the 14th June.

Don't think anyone has got insider knowledge but doing what they think is best for them.
Was due to watch a show in London on the 16th May but that has been cancelled. Place we use for the dog grooming is now closed until June. No one really has a clue.

No one’s mentioned cycling in groups have they? I think the general gist is if you live in an area highly affected by Coronavirus getting on your bike and riding to areas not affected is not a great idea.

Irrelevant as covid is droplet, not airbourne transmitted. Obviously if riders stop and shop and touch etc etc it pehaps becomes relevant

Oh, and priti vacant being dragged out after repeatedly refusing to attend the select committee when she's home secretary. that's borderline dereliction of duty, not that this is a surprise.

@ tredman, those papers are cock a hoop as they were worried brexit might be postponed.

It’s certainly a strong look from the papers tonight, this is probably not even the worst of it.
4c60d6355dbd250cd5e17104947d4da4.jpg

It's beautifully simple and neccessary. It's the 1% of the 1%. It won't happen - these people are far too powerful.

It's a book review, of the follow up to a highly acclaimed book on the fuhrer

Hitler: The Ascent (1889-1939) by Volker Ullrich

I'd be more concerned over the telegraph running a piece on herd immunity by a sole voice supporting it than a book review tbh

It always amazed me how people like Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot and others who with the assistance of a few well rewarded obedient sycophants who policed and promoted their theory could hold so much sway over vast populations. They were literally advocating the suffering and death of fellow human beings. It actually beggars belief ..

The RWP has now jumped the shark - According to both the Mail and the Express Johnson nearly died, which considering he didn't go on a ventilator clearly isn't true and he owes his life to the NHS, thus associating him with what a wonderful institution it is. Meanwhile 1000 people a day are dying. His illness is now being used for political capital, don't look over there, look over here

Interesting article in the Telegraph about Bill Gates calling for World leadership on the pandemic. With 20 different vaccines being worked on hes calling for manufacturing facilities for each of them should be built now to prevent loss of time when we find the right one.

This comment worried me though

Two weeks ago, a virtual-meeting of the G20 broke up without agreement after the US insisted on references to “Wuhan virus” being included in any communiqué

Its Covid 19, call it what the hell you want in your own country (whatever the rights or wrongs) but when communicating with the world its recognised name is Covid 19

Back